Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN: Bulls will likely extend Gibson, Amnesty Boozer

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Welcome to Dallas 2013 version of Elton Brand.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    question to you and other bulls fans: isn't it starting to look like reinsdorf is just saving money while spending as little as possible to be competitive? it's just getting hard to ignore the pattern here.

you guys were contenders with rose and still would have been down the line when he's healthy. now you can't really say that. idk, i'd just be really upset to be that close and have it seem like the owner didn't want to take the next step.
    If you don't have your Bulls blinders on, it's quite obvious this is the case. Reinsdorf isn't even the main shareholder. There's a bunch of cheap ass share holders behind the scenes that are obviously telling him to go the cheap route, in order to maximize THEIR profits.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Rein$dorf
    Yea

And as others have said, it's embarrassing in the league with super teams we had a coach that maximized Rose and a bunch of role players abilities to go to the ECF, and the front office handicaps him even more by refusing to spend money to bring in other players that can fill needs and gaps.

As others have said, they have cut their depth. They let go of Tyson Chandler for free, essentially a superior version of Joakim Noah, and then give Noah a stupid contract as well. Even worse considering Noah is good for missing 10 - 20 games every single season.

Reinsdorf has always been a cheap skate, jew. Even when the Bulls were dominating the league with MJ and Scottie, and making the city of Chicago, the Bulls, and the NBA in general TONS of money ... he always refused and balked at paying players their worth.

Pretty sure the minority owners and even the majority owners are content with the Bulls revival post 2009 w/ the excitement of Derrick Rose, and will continue to let him sell out seats and sell out merchandise just to make a buck as opposed to contend for championships.

And people wondered during the 2000's why I had such a hard time rooting for them. A ton of unlikable players (Ben Gordon, Eddy Curry, Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer, Ty Thomas) and the unwillingness to bring in actual talent, a dumb front office who consistently make bad moves (giving away JR Smith for free). Only silver linings are the D Rose, Kirk Hinrich, and Taj Gibsons in that time frame.

Banned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    lmao. I don't care. This gif never ever gets old.

National High School Star therammingman's Avatar

boozer on the laker bench for vet minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Dude, we drafted Ty Thomas over Lamarcus Aldridge AND Brandon Roy.

we probrably wouldn't have Rose if we kept LA.

i remember doctors saying that Roy wouldn't last in the NBA with knees so i'm not losing sleep because of that.

i forgot why we let go of JR Smith tho.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 10-17-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Future D1 Dad

boozer has really fallen off. was a beast in utah. definitely will get picked up soon if this happens though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke

i remember doctors saying that Roy wouldn't last in the NBA with knees so i'm not losing sleep because of that.

We?!!!! So you're a Bulls fan again?

To answer your question, they traded him for Howard Eisley. They felt he (Smith) would've been a bad influence on a young team

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Yea

And as others have said, it's embarrassing in the league with super teams we had a coach that maximized Rose and a bunch of role players abilities to go to the ECF, and the front office handicaps him even more by refusing to spend money to bring in other players that can fill needs and gaps.

As others have said, they have cut their depth. They let go of Tyson Chandler for free, essentially a superior version of Joakim Noah, and then give Noah a stupid contract as well. Even worse considering Noah is good for missing 10 - 20 games every single season.

Reinsdorf has always been a cheap skate, jew. Even when the Bulls were dominating the league with MJ and Scottie, and making the city of Chicago, the Bulls, and the NBA in general TONS of money ... he always refused and balked at paying players their worth.

Pretty sure the minority owners and even the majority owners are content with the Bulls revival post 2009 w/ the excitement of Derrick Rose, and will continue to let him sell out seats and sell out merchandise just to make a buck as opposed to contend for championships.

And people wondered during the 2000's why I had such a hard time rooting for them. A ton of unlikable players (Ben Gordon, Eddy Curry, Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer, Ty Thomas) and the unwillingness to bring in actual talent, a dumb front office who consistently make bad moves (giving away JR Smith for free). Only silver linings are the D Rose, Kirk Hinrich, and Taj Gibsons in that time frame.
    I wish you frequented a particular Bulls website I go to. They got all bent out of shape when I basically stated the same thing.

All I know is if Kevin Love request a trade or publicly boasts that he won't resign with Twolves and the Bulls don't get him to play alongside Rose. I'm done as a Bulls fan

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    We?!!!! So you're a Bulls fan again?

To answer your question, they traded him for Howard Eisley. They felt he (Smith) would've been a bad influence on a young team
    Smith was young himself back then...like 20 years old

dont know about him being some "bad influence" but i see what you're saying

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke

I swear this guy was a lebron fan..

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I always thought that Gibson was over rated. I've seen him get destroyed by the better PF's in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    I always thought that Gibson was over rated. I've seen him get destroyed by the better PF's in the league.
    Offensively yes. Defensively, he's elite at the of position. Its more so how much he's paid, and how garbage boozer is. Once taj gets a big pay day, bulls fans will start complaining about taj. Its just like with asik. Since he wasnt on a big contract, bulls fans let his horrible offense slide. If we matched that horrible offer from Houston, you better believe asik would get picked apart game by game, for his offensive woes.