Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Is Blake Griffin Really that good?

blake needs to work with david west so he can turn into that for chris paul.....thats the player blake should turn into

Believe

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    He was ready to trade him last night.
    this guy

Quote Originally Posted by Thechosen1
    blake needs to work with david west so he can turn into that for chris paul.....thats the player blake should turn into
    If he learned how to shoot like David West, I bet CP3 wouldn't ignore him in the 4th quarter anymore.

His game would improve if he could hit free throws.

Blake needs to develop his post game, and improves his mid range jumper. Griffin just came back after his injury, but he also struggled in the playoffs againts a 36 yrs.old Tim Duncan.

Samurai Swoosh

He tried to foolishly take people off the dribble way too much for my liking for a PF.

Banned

Clips should try and trade him for LMA or Smith or something. With their current line up they should be trying to enter win now mode.

Local High School Star

No. He's athletic but not skilled

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Blake's game is actually more refined. His D, jumper and free throws are much improved. Mentally he seems to have become as weak as his teammate DJ and Kwame Brown. First time something doesn't go his way he folds. Worst part is he looks scared out there right now like he doesn't want the ball and when he gets ot he passes it.

As for CP3 he has still failed to utilize Griffin the way Baron did. He holds the ball 20 seconds and kicks to shooters. Can't give Griffin the ball with 4 seconds and expect him to create and finish. I'd do a CP3 for Rondo swap purely because I think Rondo would grt Griffin going every game and give him more confidence in turn. Clippers offense is at it's best going through Griffin. Taking tons of 3's and CP3 playing hero ball in 4th isn't sustainable.

Overall though I am very disappointed in Griffin mainly for how passive and soft he's becoming.

I've been saying it the whole time while hes been getting love over Aldridge and Bosh while hes been in the league. There is no way in hell I'd take him over those two players. He gets all the hype and media accolades, but hes not as good as those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Blake's game is actually more refined. His D, jumper and free throws are much improved. Mentally he seems to have become as weak as his teammate DJ and Kwame Brown. First time something doesn't go his way he folds. Worst part is he looks scared out there right now like he doesn't want the ball and when he gets ot he passes it.

As for CP3 he has still failed to utilize Griffin the way Baron did. He holds the ball 20 seconds and kicks to shooters. Can't give Griffin the ball with 4 seconds and expect him to create and finish. I'd do a CP3 for Rondo swap purely because I think Rondo would grt Griffin going every game and give him more confidence in turn. Clippers offense is at it's best going through Griffin. Taking tons of 3's and CP3 playing hero ball in 4th isn't sustainable.

Overall though I am very disappointed in Griffin mainly for how passive and soft he's becoming.
    Blake just doesn't seem comfortable he never seems to actually be in rhythm his situations is very similar to Wades. If your not in rhythm if your not getting the proper touches your going to lose your focus your attitude is going to change.

Believe

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

yea man I agree with all that except rondo for paul. last thing clippers need is another guy that can't shoot all that well.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartshopper
    yea man I agree with all that except rondo for paul. last thing clippers need is another guy that can't shoot all that well.
    Baron Davis couldn't shoot he worked a lot better with Blake

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Personally i think he is just another dumb uber athlete.

However... develop a mid range J and its game over for the league imo. There isnt a pg in the league that is going to "improve" Blake Griffin, he needs to take it on himself. Layoff the benchpress and start working on the jumper, 2 seasons and it hasnt changed, no excuses for that.

whats Rondo going to do? Its not nba 2k13 so his passes arent going to increase blakes shots in rhythm success rate by 20%.

Believe

true, clips did suck tho, but it was good for griffin