Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

I'll take jordan. even though kareem might be better to build around since he would be the best big in the league by FAR, mj is still mj so not only do you get the GOAT you also get the most exciting player of all time

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    How so?

I actually don't see that. I think both are great, but Bird is the guy who turned around a sucky team to a championship contender in his rookie year.

I think if MJ had a better team, like if the 86 Bulls team had a chance to actually play together longer with MJ in the lineup, then they would've been a fun team to watch. Or if MJ had a big man. But Bird didn't have a good center when first to the Celtics. He just transform the team.

I would probably take MJ if the team is already good. Especially in his early stages of his career. But I would take Bird to make a team great.

because jordan provides quality skill rather quantity of skills. he provides elite scoring that no one in the league can same with magic with his elite passing. Whereas what lebron/bird provides can be provided by another player like their playmaking which can be provided by pippen. This is not a one-on-one league so I prefer players who specializes on something rather than an all around player master of none.