Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    The entire post was typical blind Kobe hatred. And no, it's not constructive or objective criticism. Not that I have a problem with it. Hate all you want.

And did you seriously compare Kobe Bryant, one of the most dominant players of all time, to Eli freaking Manning? It's not even close to the same thing.
    I never compared their individual legacies with respect to how they are ranked, I was talking about their inflated legacies based on TEAM success in a TEAM sport. Eli Manning was argued to be better than Peyton Manning by some pundits (who is considered by many to be one of the greatest, if not THE greatest quarterback of all time) and silly fans who were quick to jump the gun after it became an argument that degenerated to "Eli has 2, Manning has 1".

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Big Kevin Love fan?
    That's why I clearly referenced win shares as well. I don't believe PER is the be all end all way to judge players, that's why I included the impact that Lebron had on team success as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
    I never compared their individual legacies with respect to how they are ranked, I was talking about their inflated legacies based on TEAM success in a TEAM sport. Eli Manning was argued to be better than Peyton Manning by some pundits (who is considered by many to be one of the greatest, if not THE greatest quarterback of all time) and silly fans who were quick to jump the gun after it became an argument that degenerated to "Eli has 2, Manning has 1".
    You do realize that Kobe's resume matches up with nearly everybody even when you throw out everybody's rings right?

He is likely to retire 1 or 2 in all nba awards, all star team awards, and all defensive team awards .

That's why I clearly referenced win shares as well. I don't believe PER is the be all end all way to judge players, that's why I included the impact that Lebron had on team success as well.
    Didn't Kobe lead the 01 Lakers in win shares?

Oh, let me guess, win shares only matter to you when they fit your agenda.

Not that win shares mean anything to me. I'm just saying.

You do realize that Kobe's resume matches up with nearly everybody even when you throw out everybody's rings right?

He is likely to retire 1 or 2 in all nba awards, all star team awards, and all defensive team awards .
    All awards voted by the media. Is Steve Nash a top 10 player of all time because of his MVP awards? I'm talking about empirical evidence, not opinion based rankings.

All awards voted by the media. Is Steve Nash a top 10 player of all time because of his MVP awards? I'm talking about empirical evidence, not opinion based rankings.
    So I guess Lebron's MVP's don't mean anything. You know, because it's a media award.

Didn't Kobe lead the 01 Lakers in win shares?

Oh, let me guess, win shares only matter to you when they fit your agenda.

Not that win shares mean anything to me. I'm just saying.
    You're acting as if I think Kobe is a bad player, or even "just a good player". He's a great player, top 20-25 all time absolutely. He has had dominant and very impressive statistical seasons, there is no argument about this (although they are not as dominant as his supporters would like to push forward). But his fans and the media's insistence on him being ranked in the top 10 or top 5 is something that is flat out not backed up by his numbers or individual production.

And as for me being mad about his success in your original post quoting me, here's some wonderful neg gems I've received for posting my polite opinion on Kobe just in the past hour:

"Negged you ****ing ****"

"STFU"

And yet I am the one who is angry? Sounds like some of the people on here are as insecure as Kobe is right now.

Describe with specifics how Kobe's success was aided unlike any other legendary player.

-His only MVP was a gifted one, one that I think was more a longevity award , moreso than the year he had which is what the award is judged on(Chris Paul or Lebron had better credentials that year).
    -The finals MVP he was handed, when Gasol was clearly the best player in the series
    His overrated defense that has landed him all defensive team selections
    -Riding shaq to 3 championships as the second fiddle.
    -Most of his career he has had good to great players and teams around him that hidden his tendency to ball hog and chuck.
    -His last two titles was during a period of a weak western conference. Only Boston could be considered a team to be good or great or real competition for the title at that time.
    -ESPN and media has carried a fake image that Kobe is a great, based on how his game has similarity to the last money spinner named Jordan.

There's just a few, and Im sure there are more...
    Last edited by poido123; 10-03-2012 at 09:55 PM.

So I guess Lebron's MVP's don't mean anything. You know, because it's a media award.
    That's correct, they don't mean a damn thing to me, if you want to know.

Who should have won those awards instead of Kobe given the history of how those awards have always been given out?

Empirical evidence (errrr win shares) suggests LeBron needs to up his game to get on Chris Paul's level and that David Robinson is the best big man to ever step on the court.

He's a great player, top 20-25 all time
    It's ridiculous shit like this that proves your agenda against Kobe.

As for those negs, I don't care because I wasn't the one who negged you.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

I think he'll mesh fine with Nash, mostly because he has respect for him and will make it work, same with Nash.

"I don't like having the ball" is funny though.

Only guy trying in the all star games

and you have already seen my comment about all-defensive teams, not like he has had any serious competition for those awards, he is not a good or great defender. All NBA awards are pretty meaningless if your a star in the league, its like a default award.

Who should have won those awards instead of Kobe given the history of how those awards have always been given out?

Empirical evidence (errrr win shares) suggests LeBron needs to up his game to get on Chris Paul's level and that David Robinson is the best big man to ever step on the court.
    I don't really understand where you are coming from. First of all, you judge these statistics by also considering others, and when I reference PER and win shares I am referring to production on a year by year basis (I understand Chris Paul led the league in 2008, and I believe he was the best player that year).

David Robinson is currently 9th on the all time win shares list. Again, I don't really know what you are referring to...

Not a a Kobe fan, but.........

He's a great player, top 20-25 all time absolutely.
    Really? Top 20-25? Yeah, you really are a freaking moron.