Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default Re: Official 2012-2013 Clutch Shots thread

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Ray Allen 3 pointer (LeBron James assists) with 18.2 seconds left. 109-108 Win Heat vs Cavs.

Ray Allen takes the lead in GW shots. LeBron James takes the lead in GW assists.
    Wasn't the traditional definition of a gamewinning shot, the actual last shot in a game?

Its not strictly a game winning shot. Its just as important, since we don't give up the lead from there, but a free throw was made after.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Game winning block Wade?

EDIT: To late, what Legends said
    Last edited by pauk; 11-24-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wasn't the traditional definition of a gamewinning shot, the actual last shot in a game?

Its not strictly a game winning shot. Its just as important, since we don't give up the lead from there, but a free throw was made after.
    I've never heard or read that actually being the traditional definition, but I wouldn't disagree with that. I've read that if it's 24 seconds or less, it's game winning, but I also consider shots made before that timeline (and if a team does not tie) as just as much a game winner.

The fact that the Cavs did not tie the game and the Allen made the shot at the 18.2 second mark makes it more than a valid game winner.

The free throw Allen made just adds to the lead itself. It doesn't take away that he also made a game winner and the Cavs didn't tie.

Quote Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
    Game winning block Wade?
    I've considered adding defensive plays to the list, but I don't know how many of them have been out there this season so far.

I've considered adding defensive plays to the list, but I don't know how many of them have been out there this season so far.
    Yea, that is just to rare...

Plus you can have a gamewinning rebound, steal, forced turnover, shut down defense etc... :P

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

That's be hard to keep track off. Because steals, rebounds and defensive stops happen all the time so you don't know what.

Banned

I've never heard or read that actually being the traditional definition, but I wouldn't disagree with that. I've read that if it's 24 seconds or less, it's game winning, but I also consider shots made before that timeline (and if a team does not tie) as just as much a game winner.

The fact that the Cavs did not tie the game and the Allen made the shot at the 18.2 second mark makes it more than a valid game winner.

The free throw Allen made just adds to the lead itself. It doesn't take away that he also made a game winner and the Cavs didn't tie.

Just remember the clutch block by wade in your heart and tell your grand kids about the greatest shot blocking guard to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Yea, that is just to rare...

Plus you can have a gamewinning rebound, steal, forced turnover, shut down defense etc... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    That's be hard to keep track off. Because steals, rebounds and defensive stops happen all the time so you don't know what.
    True.

There's just so many scenarios. I wish it were possible to keep track off.

Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
    Just remember the clutch block by wade in your heart and tell your grand kids about the greatest shot blocking guard to play the game.
    Will do.

Ekpe Udoh i guess made a gamewinning layup with 57 seconds left since nobody scored afterwards (Doron Lamb assists); 93-92 Bucks Win vs Bulls

Local High School Star

you havent updated rays shot yet on the list

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    you havent updated rays shot yet on the list
    Yeah, I just added it.

Been slacking.

George Hill now moves into a tie with Ray Allen for Game Winners this season, with 2.

Guess what happened again?

Nov 29: Ray Allen makes 24-foot three point jumper (LeBron James assists) with 22.6 seconds left; 105-100 Heat Win vs Spurs

I think it should probably count as a gamewinning shot because Ray made it 101-98 afterall... Spurs scored only 100 pts, thats 101-100.... thats the shot that won the game... those Lebron/Ray/Wade FTs later was just additional pts because of the fouls Spurs were forced to take...
    Last edited by pauk; 11-30-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Nov 29: Ray Allen makes 24-foot three point jumper (LeBron James assists) with 22.6 seconds left; 105-100 Heat Win vs Spurs

I think it should probably count as a gamewinning shot because Ray made it 101-98 afterall... Spurs scored only 100 pts, thats 101-100.... thats the shot that won the game... those Lebron/Ray/Wade FTs later was just additional pts because of the fouls Spurs were forced to take...
    this

While I was thinking "Deja vu ?", unfortunately I can't add it as a "game winner".

Reasoning ? The Spurs did end up tying the game at 100-100. However, I think I can add it as a "Take the lead with under 24 seconds rule".

Ray Allen has been dangerous in the big moments and LeBron's looking for him.