Page 12 of 80 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast
    kidachi
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Sticky: The MVP thread (AKA the Kobe vs Lebron thread)

Quote Originally Posted by duncan on U
    Lebron, at least he has his own style and doesn't imitate Micheal Jordan
    I agree.

not that I'm against Kobe..

Local High School Star

Default Re: Sticky: The MVP thread (AKA the Kobe vs Lebron thread)

MVP's in order:

Duncan - best player, top team, best defender in the league (By alot)
    CP3 - most with the least. 20-10 and league leader in steals. Are you kidding?
    Kobe
    Lebron (what the team win % when LB is healthy?)

I usually hit open layups

Default The Never Ending Argument - Kobe vs Lebron

I read an article on Yahoo today arguing this subject. First..the numbers:

Kobe Bryant : 28.2 ppg, 6.1 rpg, 5.4 apg, 2.0 spg, 3.4 topg, 47% FG, 34% 3PTFG, 38.4 mpg

Lebron James: 30.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 7.5 apg, 2.0 spg, 3.4 topg, 48% FG, 30% 3PTFG, 40.5 mpg

"Worse, James is going to get burned by voters who will credit him for MVPs likely won from 2009-2019 and hand it to Kobe just because he's playing "unselfish" basketball." No, Kobe's playing the same brand of competitive basketball he always has, just for a championship-level team. If he wasn't "selfish" in 2005-06 and 2006-07 then the Lakers win 30 games. Replacing a Chris Mihm with a Gasol shouldn't mean James should be denied".

Thats a quote from the article and I'm not sure what he means by Lebron is playing "unselfish" basketball. Kobe averages 20.4 shots per game while Lebron James has 22.4 per game. The Lakers are 3rd in the league when it comes to scoring (107.8 ppg) while Cleveland is 16th (97.05 ppg). What does that all mean? Kobe's scoring doesn't account for as much as the his team's total as much as Lebron's does for the Cavs. My point? Its unfair to say that either one is selfish or not, especially stating that Kobe is selfish, because Lebron shoots more than Kobe.

The Lakers were 30-16 before they traded for Gasol and they did it without Bynum for a good part of those games. Some may argue which has more talent around them and that they're playing in different conferences.

IMO, this year, Kobe is the league's best player. Wade isn't even in the argument who has some nice pieces in Miami but are still 11-46.

Made that high school varsity squad Kappy's Avatar

Default Re: The Never Ending Argument - Kobe vs Lebron

This topic has been discussed over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. There are Kobe-Haters, and there are Lebron-Haters ..... pick your poison!!!

* Lebron has the stats BUT not the wins (in a weak Conference)!!!
    * Kobe has the stats AND the wins (in a very strong Conference)!!!

"MVP" - Kobe Bryant
    Last edited by Kappy; 03-04-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Banned

Default Re: The Never Ending Argument - Kobe vs Lebron

kobe has a jumper, and lebron barely does. Wow, he leads the league in points in the 4th quarter, but Kobe prob leads the league in points in the 4th quarter that matter, such as the game vs. dallas, lebron could not do that. The game agasint the pistons, was the sloppiest game dominating 4th quarter ever, every shot you were just like "that aint goin in, not cause they were insane shots, cause the form and even the way the ball went in was sloppy. With kobe, you just know that damn balls goin in, just like mike.

Default Can someone just make one big topic about Kobe + Lbj

Could someone make a topic about them like a debate topic whre people could talk about them.....

seriosuly this secrtion is being filled up with LBJ and Kobe topics might as well make one big topic about them... and sticky it just for the hell of it.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Default Re: Can someone just make one big topic about Kobe + Lbj

i dunno, considering we have team forums, we should probably just have a forum for those two and all the comparisons

Made that high school varsity squad Kappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danumber88
    Could someone make a topic about them like a debate topic whre people could talk about them.....

seriosuly this secrtion is being filled up with LBJ and Kobe topics might as well make one big topic about them... and sticky it just for the hell of it.
    I CONCUR!!!

Personally I would prefer we just ban anyone with Kobe or LeBron's name in their screen-name, that'd weed a lot of the problems out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kwajo
    Personally I would prefer we just ban anyone with Kobe or LeBron's name in their screen-name, that'd weed a lot of the problems out.
    x2

and people making threads like this don't help one bit. the last few days all i see is threads *****ing about the whole kobe lebron argument.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

listen guys, everytime PB finds out another amazing tidbit he can use to incontravertibly prove that lbj is a better mvp candidate than kobe, it deserves it's own topic. like yesterday when he discovered that garnett's team has more wins than kobe's. that was incredible information he shared with us, and obviously gave us all a lot to think about concerning lebron's mvp candidacy.

Learning to shoot layups

Default Ricky davis quote about lebron james

Do you guys remember this funny ass quote b ricky davis man it still cracks me up.

"I established myself last year in Cleveland, and I thought LeBron was just going to be another addition to the team and help me score. I guess it was different.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...112168710/pg_3

Default Re: Ricky davis quote about lebron james

Hehe, Ricky Davis thinking Lebron was going to be his sidekick

Hadn't seen that one before.

Banned

Hahaha. Sort of the same mentality Kobe had towards a prime Shaquille O'Neal that he never vocalized.

Ha, I remember that, it was classic