Thread: Anthony Davis

Very good NBA starter

Default Anthony Davis

Why is it I look at the boxscore and he always has some amazing stats, but his team keep losing. Is his teammates that bad or is it a coaching problem/system?

Default Re: Anthony Davis

Empty stats

Poor man's Kevin Love

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

His blocks/steals average are pretty impressive.When was the last time someone recorded over 3 blocks and 2 steals for the whole year? Hakeem in the late 80's maybe? This kid has truly great potential

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by fragokota
    His blocks/steals average are pretty impressive.When was the last time someone recorded over 3 blocks and 2 steals for the whole year? Hakeem in the late 80's maybe? This kid has truly great potential
    He reminds me of young KG, but he looks to matured faster and a better body at 20. He all over the place defensively. He hides how atrocious the pelicans are really on the defensive end. I hope he doesn't become a KG situation where he spends the majority of his career on a deal team.

they collapse in late quarters. that's a coaching problem.

Awful at closing games and 99% of the games the season we come out sluggish in the 3rd quarter. We can't defend the 3 pointer to save our life and we have the potential to be a great fast paced team but we slow the ball down at every opportunity. Ryan Anderson would probably give us an extra 1-2 wins this season if he was healthy because our bench has been abysmal. We had LANCE THOMAS and ONOAKU playing minutes at the 4. If we still have these problems once Ryno gets back, I want Monty gone.

Davis is fantastic. The team seems to have issues. Tyreke needs to start.

I thought a team with a healthy Davis and Gordon along with Holiday and Evans would do a lot better than the start they are having right now.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb
    Davis is fantastic. The team seems to have issues. Tyreke needs to start.
    Tyreke is still having problems with his ankle and has been pretty inconsistent.

Gordon has been his usual self, but Jrue has been horrible as well.

Davis is the only one keeping the team somewhat competitive.

Lebron lost 42 games in his sophomore season. When the team is bad enough, anything can happen !

i bet the pelicans are feeling pretty stupid right now for trading noel and a pick that could be 6-10 in this years draft which might very well be another star..

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

shouldn't have let vasquez walk... dude is a baller.

should have just kept the pick.. next yr

davis + noel if he pans out to what he is suppose to be and 6th pick next year..

could land you harrison or maybe even smart or gary harris. or anyone on top 10 could actually be consistent scoring support for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftimage
    Lebron lost 42 games in his sophomore season. When the team is bad enough, anything can happen !
    Except if you are white and play in Minnesota. Then you are just a stat stuffer.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Except if you are white and play in Minnesota. Then you are just a stat stuffer.
    tbh I thought Love was a bit of a stat stuffer until this season. He's been sensational. I don't blame people for accusing star players on bad teams of stat-stuffing; when the team doesn't warrant being watched - people just extrapolate.

players has good stats + team is bad = player isn't as good as stats indicate.

It's not always true, but it's the easiest explanation so people tend to be drawn to it.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Scoring is not the issue. They can't close games. Terrible defensive collapses all year. The only 2 games they haven't been in and lost were the Orlando and most recent Laker game. They've blown double digit leads to Indiana, Memphis (29 but still won), last night to Utah and one of the Phoenix games. I like Monty but I hate that they play such a slow pace like they're the old Spurs. The entire damn roster is 25 and under. Should be running up and down the court with these athletes. I think it's a coaching issue and obviously the players need to step it up defensively.