Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Discriminating the police....

Why is nobody talking about the discrimination that the police officers are receiving around the country? Just because they are police officers, people like to say they abuse their powers or they are bullies.

I don't see anyone addressing the issue and aren't the cops the first person people call when trouble arises?

Default Re: Discriminating the police....

That's a hot take. I love how you flipped the script.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I'd like to see Ferguson, MO or any city for that matter not have cops patrolling the streets for one night, and you'll see how fast they'll welcome them back with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    I'd like to see Ferguson, MO or any city for that matter not have cops patrolling the streets for one night, and you'll see how fast they'll welcome them back with open arms.
    I hope that doesn't happen for the sake of the non-black folks living there. It will be suicide for anyone with light skin color who doesn't leave.

Banned

From my understanding, while I was growing up, I always knew not to attack an officer and another one is that you do not ever run from the cops. If you run from the cops, then they can shoot you.

It is pretty much black and white, no pun, more or less cut-and-dry. You are either against them or for them. In this case a young man decides to go against them and attack a cop and run.

This case is equivalent to all those stupid prank videos that were put up on ISH. The "pranksters" provoke people and then say, "It's a prank....it's a prank" so they don't get their ass kicked.

What do you expect from a guy that fought an officer and then runs and decides to surrender and say it was a misunderstanding. Try punching and attacking an officer and say, "Officer, it was a joke....my bad."

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    From my understanding, while I was growing up, I always knew not to attack an officer and another one is that you do not ever run from the cops. If you run from the cops, then they can shoot you.

It is pretty much black and white, no pun, more or less cut-and-dry. You are either against them or for them. In this case a young man decides to go against them and attack a cop and run.

This case is equivalent to all those stupid prank videos that were put up on ISH. The "pranksters" provoke people and then say, "It's a prank....it's a prank" so they don't get their ass kicked.

What do you expect from a guy that fought an officer and then runs and decides to surrender and say it was a misunderstanding. Try punching and attacking an officer and say, "Officer, it was a joke....my bad."
    Cops don't have the right to shoot you if you run.

And what of the situations where you're not doing anything illegal and they're messing with you?

I've seen, experienced myself and heard of many stories of this. Officers like this should be removed from the force. They are exhibiting the signs of authority getting to them and that is just flat out unsafe. Ever heard of the Stanford prison experiments?

You cant have dudes out there antagonizing the general public for the hell of it. But since these dudes don't get fired usually they get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Depending on circumstance, yeah they do.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

As far as i understand if you've committed a violent crime and then are fleeing they are allowed to shoot you...so if Brown in fact assaulted Wilson and then ran away it was permissible legally for him to shoot...

Local High School Star SunsN07BookIt's Avatar

Not necessarily. In some states I believe their criminal code states police and/or security guards and homeowners can shoot you if you are running away with stolen property in hand.

Love Live Life

Of course if you commit a violent crime or break into someone's home they can.

But if you did something nonviolent like smoking weed and run they don't have the right to shoot you.

Banned

punch a cop and you got to get got

Banned

The point is people are discriminating the police like they are some terrorists because they wear blue and a badge. People just automatically assume they are bad.

Anyways, I don't think the kids know how serious it is to assault a police officer. You can't go assaulting them and run. Then decide to tell the cops it was your bad and you didn't mean it.

The reason why they can shoot because you don't want a bunch of people assaulting them and getting away with it.

Banned

Of course if you commit a violent crime or break into someone's home they can.

But if you did something nonviolent like smoking weed and run they don't have the right to shoot you.
    Getting in a scuffle is now non-violent?

The point is people are discriminating the police like they are some terrorists because they wear blue and a badge. People just automatically assume they are bad.

Anyways, I don't think the kids know how serious it is to assault a police officer. You can't go assaulting them and run. Then decide to tell the cops it was your bad and you didn't mean it.

The reason why they can shoot because you don't want a bunch of people assaulting them and getting away with it.

If you hit a police officer it's a felony. People weren't getting away with it before.

They don't need to be shot dead to put the point across.