Page 145 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4595135142143144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2288
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Illinois basketball fans

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    This coach has no killer instinct. They're incapable of blowing anyone out. They can play with just about anyone in the country, but they just can't blow lesser teams out. We took the lead for the first time yesterday in the 2nd half, and failed to score on something like the next three or four possessions. Even still, the offense wasn't the problem, it was the defense. Brandon Paul got lit up by Shurna for being one of the best defenders in the Big 10.
    I fixed that for you. And it reflects on the team. Like I have said and will continue to say: SAME COACH, DIFFERENT PLAYERS, SAME RESULTS. We have a coach that refuses to use his bench, yells at his players the entire game, doesn't have a clue how to coach to his players strengths and sounds like Ward Cleaver after the game 'well golly gee, I don't know'. This clowns time is up. It's time to move on to a new coach.

man... lol it's pathetic.

But... we all assume you are going to rage at Bruce after every loss. You should come from a new angle at least.

-Smak

I hate to bring this up (no, I don't actually lol), but I raised my eyebrows a couple times yesterday when two "experts" from different sources were shocked that Illinois could beat MSU and lose to NW in the same week.

1. 99/100 Illinois doesn't beat MSU in that game. I'm being dead honest here, in the last many years, I don't remember a team so fortunate for pulling out a win than the Illini victory over the Spartans. They had no right winning that game. Green and Wood had the flue. Green didn't play 80% of the game. Green comes back late and Spartans take the lead then he gets injured. Spartans missed many easy lay-ups and a dunk. Spartans bricked outside shots. Spartans dominated the game on defense. Never seen such an undeserving win.

2. NW isn't some scrub team. How any "expert" can be shocked that Illinois could lose to them is....shocking. lol

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    man... lol it's pathetic.

But... we all assume you are going to rage at Bruce after every loss. You should come from a new angle at least.

-Smak
    No I'm not going to come with a new angle. LOL. Until Weber comes up with new results then I can't possibly come with a new angle. The guy is a mid-major, average at best coach with average results and has been and still is in over his head coaching at Illinois.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

It's shocking because it's at home where we've already beaten Ohio State, Michigan State, and Gonzaga. It's also shocking because the loss was due to bad defense more so than bad offense. And please stop making excuses for the MSU game with this 99/100 times bla bla bla. You could say that when talking about just about any close game. If so and so had done this etc etc..

It's shocking because it's at home where we've already beaten Ohio State, Michigan State, and Gonzaga. It's also shocking because the loss was due to bad defense more so than bad offense. And please stop making excuses for the MSU game with this 99/100 times bla bla bla. You could say that when talking about just about any close game. If so and so had done this etc etc..
    No. You can't say with most close games "99/100 times the losing team would have won if certain irregularities didn't happen to the extent that they did." lol

We had to shoot 28% (I think) including horrible easy misses and bricks, have two guys with the flu, our best player not play most of the game including crunch time and a person who made 5 threes all season make one late for you to win. And you only won by 1 point scoring 42 AT HOME. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    No. You can't say with most close games "99/100 times the losing team would have won if certain irregularities didn't happen to the extent that they did." lol

We had to shoot 28% (I think) including horrible easy misses and bricks, have two guys with the flu, our best player not play most of the game including crunch time and a person who made 5 threes all season make one late for you to win. And you only won by 1 point scoring 42 AT HOME. lol
    And we shot something like 30%, under 20% from 3, about 50% from the free throw line, missed two front end shots of one and ones at the end of the game, and still found a way to win. There's two ways to look at it. Are we really talking about people hitting 3's that shouldn't be hitting them? Didn't Payne make one for MSU that game?

And we shot something like 30%, under 20% from 3, about 50% from the free throw line, missed two front end shots of one and ones at the end of the game, and still found a way to win. There's two ways to look at it. Are we really talking about people hitting 3's that shouldn't be hitting them? Didn't Payne make one for MSU that game?
    The difference in our defenses was we took Leonard out of the game. Absolutely dominated him. Gave Paul and Richardson only a few good looks from three.

On the other hand, Payne and Nix had great looks and absolutely botched. Bricked some open looks too.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy
    No I'm not going to come with a new angle. LOL. Until Weber comes up with new results then I can't possibly come with a new angle. The guy is a mid-major, average at best coach with average results and has been and still is in over his head coaching at Illinois.
    Ugh. haha. Well, we'll see what happens. I am definitely severing my ties to Illinois basketball over time. It seems kind of stupid to be somewhere else (and have moved to 3 different states) and still trying to follow them. I can say that Bruce is one of the reasons that I still watch.

I like Bruce, and I think that he reminds me back when I lived there. I also like some of our players this year. But if they fire Bruce there's a good chance I might ride it out to see what Brandon Paul is doing, but then I'll be like "eh."

I know I've told this story a million times, but I really did enjoy watching us become good again after listening to a bunch of Illini fans say "remember our final four team" and thinking how long ago that was. I hope I'm never that fan. "Remember 2005!" Even though it was a magical run.

So, I dunno. I can't say why we beat teams we probably shouldn't and lose at home to NW. It makes no sense to me.

-Smak

Foul disparity in this game is unbelievable. We can't put a ****ing finger on them without a whistle. 19 fouls to 7 right now.

Foul disparity in this game is unbelievable. We can't put a ****ing finger on them without a whistle. 19 fouls to 7 right now.
    Didn't get to watch obviously. I'm glad. We are under .500 in big ten. That sucks. we beat OSU and MSU... yet those wins went to waste because we lost to some shit teams pretty bad.

I don't really think INDY is much different than us as a team. I wish we got another chance to play them.

-Smak

If we lose this one, it will more or less seal our tournament fate barring a miracle run.

Good bye tournament. Good bye Weber. If the past 7 games haven't done it, this one will. His fate is sealed.

You have a lot of opportunities to secure a spot in the tourny with big wins....you also have a lot of opportunities to lose a lot more games. lol

They HAVE to win at Nebraska, Michigan, and Iowa. I've already written OSU off as a loss. This team doesn't have it in them to win in Columbus. If they can pull off a miracle at Wisconsin and win a couple in the BTT, maybe, but nothing I've seen over the past 8 games leads me to believe that they can do any of that. It's scary how much the basketball team has mirrored the football team in the fast start and disastrous collapse. They've lost to both NW and Purdue at home, so it wouldn't surprise me, though it would be painful, to see them go 1-4 over their next 5.