Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    this guy has the reputation of a defensive coach, yet, the knick's defense consists of random mindless switching, most of the time ending up with a mismatch.

he says he cant fix the knick's slow starts; how about not starting one of the worst line ups the knicks have? he starts shumpert (who is not a good defender this year) at small forward. that's a mismatch right there from the get-go.

ronnie brewer, as bad as he shot the ball, was able to hold his ground against bigger guys. the knicks played their best ball with brewer in the starting line up, they were the best 1st quarter team with brewer starting.

the offense is a mess. there's no continuity.
    there's some well executed plays followed by complete chaos. wtf???

additionally, all woodson does during games is to look befuddled and complain, contributing to an overall whiny culture.

please fire him and let jason kidd and prigioni be player-coaches for the rest of the season.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

Knicks lose control when they're losing...including the coach. They start getting T'd up and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    Knicks lose control when they're losing...including the coach. They start getting T'd up and shit.
    they act like spoiled brats cause the coach lets them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    There's nothing to "defend". Do you think that perhaps the Knicks defensive slump has a bit more to do with injuries and the age of the roster? I do.

What you're doing is trying to put all of the team's problems on the coach, which is ridiculous.

The fact that this is some kind of vendetta is shown by your thread title. Woodson is obviously not a "joke". That would be a better description for you.

His team is 32-20, in 1st place in the Atlantic, and 3rd place in the EC. If Woodson is a "joke" what does that make all of the other coaches with worse records?

Seriously, you need to start thinking before you post. I have no problem with you expressing your opinion about Woodson's coaching deficiencies (as you see them), but leave the personal attacks alone.
    well, part of the poblem is that woodson neither gives you a hint on what he wants to accomplish nor can one see what the team's trying to do.
    he talks endless coach gibber about "accountability" and everything being a "big piece of the puzzle".
    the offense is almost the same as d'antoni's plus iso-melo and never does he talk about defensive schemes because his random switching is fukking retarded.

all he does is get the team to play hard. but now that's gone.
    melo didnt play hard for d'antoni and only does under woodson as he sees fit.
    woodson is melo's puppet.

therefor: he's a joke.

there, i did it again. deal with it. har har.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Knicks are an old ass team who wouldn't miss threes in the first couple months of the season. They're being worn out. Gonna be funny to see them lose in the 1st round again
    Yep. Would love to bounce them in the first round

well, part of the poblem is that woodson neither gives you a hint on what he wants to accomplish nor can one see what the team's trying to do.
    he talks endless coach gibber about "accountability" and everything being a "big piece of the puzzle".
    the offense is almost the same as d'antoni's plus iso-melo and never does he talk about defensive schemes because his random switching is fukking retarded.

Yes it's D'Antonis and Woodsons fault that Melo doesn't play hard, nothing to do with Melo himself

What do you expect a coach to do? D'Antoni tried to trade Melo but instead ending up leaving himself..

And they switch screens probably because the players being in help position are horrible help defenders, see Melo and Amare leading the way in this..

Where's that thread showing the stupidest posts on ISH? This one is a prime candidate.

1. Because Woodson talks in "coach-speak" and doesn't explicitly spell out his offensive and defensive plans to your satisfaction, this somehow makes him a "joke"? I'll be sure to get in contact with Mike, so he can log into ISH and tell us every single one of his plays and future plans. Would that be enough?

2.What evidence can you point to that indicates Woodson is Melo's "puppet"? Sounds like an unjustified smear to me. Good thing you don't work for a newspaper, you'd be getting sued about now.

3. Every team hits a slump during the season. Miami had one, so did OKC. So, because the Knicks aren't operating at 100% for the entire season, it makes Woodson a "joke"??

4. Again, I'll remind you that the Knicks have the 3rd best record in the entire conference. If they were bottom feeders, I could accept some of your points, but to level them at one of the top EC teams makes zero sense.

Your Woodson obsession is both funny and sad. What you have against him, I have no clue but nothing you've posted even comes close to showing that he's a "joke".

The only joke in this thread is you.
    Last edited by Shepseskaf; 02-24-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Where's that thread showing the stupidest posts on ISH? This one is a prime candidate.

1. Because Woodson talks in "coach-speak" and doesn't explicitly spell out his offensive and defensive plans to your satisfaction, this somehow makes him a "joke"? I'll be sure to get in contact with Mike, so he can log into ISH and tell us every single one of his plays and future plans. Would that be enough?

2.What evidence can you point to that indicates Woodson is Melo's "puppet"? Sounds like an unjustified smear to me. Good thing you don't work for a newspaper, you'd be getting sued about now.

3. Every team hits a slump during the season. Miami had one, so did OKC. So, because the Knicks aren't operating at 100% for the entire season, it makes Woodson a "joke"??

4. Again, I'll remind you that the Knicks have the 3rd best record in the entire conference. If they were bottom feeders, I could accept some of your points, but to level them at one of the top EC teams makes zero sense.

Your Woodson obsession is both funny and sad. What you have against him, I have no clue but nothing you've posted even comes close to showing that he's a "joke".

The only joke in this thread is you.
    you can rant about me all you want but you still havent come up with one single point to validate iman shumpert starting at small forward.

does this make any sense to you? does the constant switching make any sense to you? if yes, please elaborate instead of trying to tell me i'm obsessed with woodson.

you are not giving a single fukking point on matchups woodson might want to exploit or plays he likes to run, adjustments he made especially to our p+r plays (because there arent any).

dont give me this knicks are 3rd best in the east bullshit when they've a .500 the last two months, playing bad basketball with re-ocurring bad habits.

and they're not hurt. they're missing two old farts who were good for 15 minutes combined. the celtics are hurt but they have a really good coach.

dont give me this knicks are 3rd best in the east bullshit when they've a .500 the last two months, playing bad basketball with re-ocurring bad habits.
    Too bad for you that they actually DO have the third best record in the East. You can't just dismiss it as though they're last in the conference.

As a famous coach once said: "You are what your record is".

As for your other stupid "points", I'm not going to discuss every nuance of Woodson's rotations and schemes with a troll like you. I have confidence that Mike will get things worked out by the playoffs.

Lots of coaches don't show their full hand until the playoffs, something that Doc Rivers regularly does.

remember the honey nut cheerio game?
    kg clearly got under melo's skin, and melo was out of control and lost that game.
    so with a lot of time left in the 4th, why doesnt woodson pull him out of the game to cool him down, like every coach would?

and then there's the "contusion" game before the all-star break with melo missing layups and shit, going 5-25.

melo does whatever he wants and woodson will do nothing about it.

:
    As for your other stupid "points", I'm not going to discuss every nuance of Woodson's rotations and schemes with a troll like you.
    i know, because you cant.

i know, because you cant.
    Because I won't.

Why don't you wait until playoff time to see what adjustments are made before getting your panties all in a bunch?

Because I won't.

Why don't you wait until playoff time to see what adjustments are made before getting your panties all in a bunch?
    oh yeah!
    like mike woodson was not a terrible playoff coach with the hawks, when he invented "iso-joe".

oh yeah!
    like mike woodson was not a terrible playoff coach with the hawks, when he invented "iso-joe".

So what? That was years ago. Coaches grow in experience and develop just like players do.

Doc Rivers got fired in Orlando after a 1-10 start. I guess that means he never should have been given another chance, according to your "rules".

So what? That was years ago. Coaches grow in experience and develop just like players do.
    grow in experience in the 5 playoff games since?
    and atlanta was only three years ago and according to hawks fans, they were switching like bitches on d back then too.