Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Blake Griffin throws down best NBA dunk of year on Kendrick Perkins Jan. 30, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bsyde82
    I don't understand how anyone who watched Vince in his prime could be THIS impressed by any other dunk.

People always mention the Weis or Zo (albeit one of my faves) dunks, but man, he had like a million in game dunks that were just nasty beyond belief. The only elite dunker to bring it all to the table: grace, power, control, creativity and that nastiness.

I think back to his first dunk contest dunk...he did it so effortlessly, so effortlessly that I think a lot of people overlook how incredible that dunk really was. I don't think there's another player in the history of the league that could've done that.
    Vince Carter today said it's "AMAZING!". I think you need to relax.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Blake Griffin throws down best NBA dunk of year on Kendrick Perkins Jan. 30, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Vince Carter today said it's "AMAZING!". I think you need to relax.
    "I think you need to relax" - is that the ISH gentleman's way of saying "U MAD?"

Magic Johnson

That dunk was ridiculous, inhuman... impossible. I can't believe he threw that down over Perkins. He literally gets stopped mid-air and just throws that mother ****er in the hoop. How many ****ing players in the HISTORY of the NBA have been able to do that? The fact he makes LeBron's alley-oop--the one where he literally jumps over a guy--look pedestrian... well, that says it all.

I knew Griffin was a top flight athlete coming out of college, but I swear to God he's become even more explosive and powerful since his days at Oklahoma. The guy is just a freak athlete. He's got a shot at becoming a top 5 power forward of all-time if he learns the mental aspects of basketball. Clippers fans, you are very lucky.

Timofey Mozgov is laughing his Russian ass off.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    That dunk was ridiculous, inhuman... impossible. I can't believe he threw that down over Perkins. He literally gets stopped mid-air and just throws that mother ****er in the hoop. How many ****ing players in the HISTORY of the NBA have been able to do that? The fact he makes LeBron's alley-oop--the one where he literally jumps over a guy--look pedestrian... well, that says it all.

I knew Griffin was a top flight athlete coming out of college, but I swear to God he's become even more explosive and powerful since his days at Oklahoma. The guy is just a freak athlete. He's got a shot at becoming a top 5 power forward of all-time if he learns the mental aspects of basketball. Clippers fans, you are very lucky.
    This is a fact. His athleticism and explosion HAS increased since OSU days. He said he's increased his max vert to around 40 or 41 inches compared to the 35.5 inch max vert he showed at the combine. It's amazing that his work ethic prevailed after that knee injury that took a year from him. Yes all Clippers fans are incredibly grateful and know they are lucky.

The Clippers had like a 3 percent chance to get Griffin so it was a miracle.

High School Varsity 6th Man GoldNugg21's Avatar

KD really sounds like a mad little boy in that ESPN article. Here's what he says about his dunk on Haywood in the WCF:

"I knew that wasn't going to get attention because we never get attention like that," Durant said. "We're not an L.A. team or a Chicago team or a Miami team. All our plays get thrown under the radar."
    Um, really dude? I think you guys get plenty of media attention.

Scotty Brooks on Perkins responding:

"I've been around a lot of defensive-minded players. You're going to get dunked on. There's no way around it," Brooks said. "There's a lot of tremendous athletes in this league, but it doesn't affect him. He's going to come out and do the same thing tonight and guard the basket. That's what he does for us. Let's face it, I'm a fan of the game [and] that was a great play, but we move on."
    That's how you respectfully answer the question while not sounding mad and still supporting your team. Not rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    He looks like a bitter little bitch by saying this. He would of been better off just leaving it alone and not answering questions about it.
    Right and if he got on bended knee over the dunk? You make a seperate thread explaining how its "own thread worthy" while saying "See even his teammate thinks it was the most greatest dunk he's ever seen!! I'll take his words over regular fans anyday of the week.".

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

[I]"I have no appreciation for it at all," said Perkins' Thunder teammate Kevin Durant. "It was a layup, I think. He threw the ball in and got fouled and made his free throw, so it was three points at the end of the day, no matter how it happened, how it went in the basket. I really wasn't impressed. He finished it. So what? We've moved on." [/I]

LOL - the 6'11" Durant only wishes he had the mega force of the 6'9" Griff

* I still consider Lebron dunk the nigh before jumping over Lucas for alley oup dunk better

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
    KD really sounds like a mad little boy in that ESPN article. Here's what he says about his dunk on Haywood in the WCF:

Um, really dude? I think you guys get plenty of media attention.

Scotty Brooks on Perkins responding:

That's how you respectfully answer the question while not sounding mad and still supporting your team. Not rocket science.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Lebron's dunk is probably better skill-wise. But just look at the crowd's reaction and it'll tell you which one is more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Timofey Mozgov is laughing his Russian ass off.
    The Mozgov Dunk was 10x better, so was the wade dunk and the durant dunk on hayward

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tlova
    The Mozgov Dunk was 10x better, so was the wade dunk and the durant dunk on hayward
    1. Blake's dunk on Perkins
    2. Blake's dunk on Mozgov
    3. Wade's dunk
    4. LeBron's alley-oop dunk
    5. Durant's dunk on Hayward

That order.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar