Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2014 World Cup Final: Germany vs Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    wtf mentality root for Europe, if the germans win the title remains in Europe at least
    Yeah true, I do feel that as well.
    But there's a lot of other factors.

for Germany:
    + they're Europeans
    + they are playing better football

for Argentina:
    + the 4 stars issue
    + historically their football culture is closer to the Italian tradition

Lad

F*ck both these teams.

Tired of this WC. How can a team like Argentina reach the final playing that way. Probably the most boring team to ever make the WC final.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    the so much talked 'horrible performance from messi'.. which offensive player played better?? he had two key passes that palacio and higuain screwed and basically played a box to box mid.. dont really know what inhuman things you expect from him.. he will dribble past one player, there will be another and another and another.. its just that type of a game.. no player in the history of the game would do anything about it.. maradona had problems in his career when he was marked BY ONE PLAYER, let alone 3-4 defenders.. watch the 1982 world cup game against italy or even the 1986 final 'where he singlehandily won'
    so much ignorance

True, he was double teamed most of the time. But the same had happened in previous matches, and he still was more active and decisive. This time he was just waiting for the ball without looking for it. His game cannot be just dribbling past opponents. He should have run more without the ball. Argentina was split in two halves: Higuain (who ran around a lot creating spaces which no one of his teammates was willing to exploit) and Messi up front, the rest of the team behind, with Lavezzi/Perez failing to link up the two halves like only Di Maria is able to do.

Robben for example did not create many chances (and he was also double teamed a lot) but he still played with hunger, tracked back, looked for the ball, strived to make things happen. Van Persie was useless.

Quote Originally Posted by RagaZ
    F*ck both these teams.

Tired of this WC. How can a team like Argentina reach the final playing that way. Probably the most boring team to ever make the WC final.
    fox and grapes much?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi

True, he was double teamed most of the time. But the same had happened in previous matches, and he still was more active and decisive. This time he was just waiting for the ball without looking for it. His game cannot be just dribbling past opponents. He should have run more without the ball. Argentina was split in two halves: Higuain (who ran around a lot creating spaces which no one of his teammates was willing to exploit) and Messi up front, the rest of the team behind, with Lavezzi/Perez failing to link up the two halves like only Di Maria is able to do.

Robben for example did not create many chances (and he was also double teamed a lot) but he still played with hunger, tracked back, looked for the ball, strived to make things happen. Van Persie was useless.
    nah he played exactly the same he did before.. the difference is iran, nigeria, bosnia and the swiss are no holland, 5 defenders+2DMs and all happen to play good..
    i thought he was more active than the previous games but there is so much you can do.. higuain and lavezzi especially had way more freedom but didnt do much.. after palacio came on messi basically started playing in the mid.. at times mascherano was more offensive..
    as for robben except for the ending of the regular 2nd half and extra time 2nd half.. which is around 5-6 mins.. he was nowhere to be seen.. masche locked him down

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Will Di Maria be back for the Finals? Hopefully he and Aguero will be inserted in the lineup which will make things interesting although it's probably not the right decision since their defense first approach got them this far and they really rely on Lavezzi's width and hustle.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RagaZ
    F*ck both these teams.

Angry your home country didn't even qualify? Pakistan has nice weather though

Lad

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Angry your home country didn't even qualify? Pakistan has nice weather though
    Nah, England qualified and played decent football against 3 defensive teams.

Banned

Argentina gonna kick the shit out of Germans and go for a 1-0 win.

I am hopeful Argentina will come to play rather then to foul, but I know their negative tactics will ruin the game.

This final is not fitting of the quality of tournament that came before it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    nah he played exactly the same he did before.. the difference is iran, nigeria, bosnia and the swiss are no holland, 5 defenders+2DMs and all happen to play good..
    i thought he was more active than the previous games but there is so much you can do.. higuain and lavezzi especially had way more freedom but didnt do much.. after palacio came on messi basically started playing in the mid.. at times mascherano was more offensive..
    as for robben except for the ending of the regular 2nd half and extra time 2nd half.. which is around 5-6 mins.. he was nowhere to be seen.. masche locked him down
    You can't be that naive to think he can't do better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young

I am hopeful Argentina will come to play rather then to foul, but I know their negative tactics will ruin the game.

Pretty much this. I know people will not want to agree with Nick but the quality of this tournament cannot come down to this.

I hope I am wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Pretty much this. I know people will not want to agree with Nick but the quality of this tournament cannot come down to this.

I hope I am wrong.
    Argentina is basically Uruguay with more talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young

after the massacre they got in 2010 while playing an attacking and fluid football im not surprised at all that they are playing this way.. especially with the injuries of aguero and di maria they didnt really have options.. NL were the ones that could have made the match entertaining but they decided to go for penalties

argentina had 10 fouls and NL 15 so im not sure what are you talking about.. clearly didnt watch the game or got bored and wasnt paying attention.. whatever

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins

what ranking is it?