Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Default Re: Cavaliers Expected To Sign Anthony Parker

Parker is a solid player not the big splash that Artest or Ariza would have been but he can play and is an upgrade over Sasha and Wally. Cavs if they don't do another trade of some sort will probably still get one more player probably a PF like Frye ? If that is how things play out One of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NBA still got better quietly.

Saw a basketball once CosaNostra's Avatar

nice signing for the Cavs... they now have the big guard they lacked last year... Parker will give them some defense off the bench. Delonte is a good defensive player but he can't body up against players like Parker can. Damn, all the power teams just keep reloading.

Common-sense Cavs Fan

Like others have said, this is just a solid pick up.

The Cavs are basically filling out their roster.

From here the Cavs could be a much better team, as oppossed to last year, if they gel and build chemistry together.

I think Ferry and management are paranoid about making moves during the season. As we saw 2 Trade deadlines ago, they made the big deal for West/Wallace/Smith/Wally and they had just a few months to getl before playoff time, and they did good together, but they could have been better in those Playoffs.

I like how the FO have made their big moves during the Off-Season allowing the coaching staff and players to adjust.

It will be interesting if the Mike Brown actually implements anything new. I know it would be ground breaking, especially if the did it on the offensive end.

I definitely love Parker over Wally and Pavlovic.

If Z and Parker can produce from the bench, and the Cavs can get one more off the bench to contribute, whether a young guy produces, or they sign another player, they will have one hell of a lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavs2007Champs
    Like others have said, this is just a solid pick up.

The Cavs are basically filling out their roster.

From here the Cavs could be a much better team, as oppossed to last year, if they gel and build chemistry together.

I think Ferry and management are paranoid about making moves during the season. As we saw 2 Trade deadlines ago, they made the big deal for West/Wallace/Smith/Wally and they had just a few months to getl before playoff time, and they did good together, but they could have been better in those Playoffs.

I like how the FO have made their big moves during the Off-Season allowing the coaching staff and players to adjust.

It will be interesting if the Mike Brown actually implements anything new. I know it would be ground breaking, especially if the did it on the offensive end.

I definitely love Parker over Wally and Pavlovic.

If Z and Parker can produce from the bench, and the Cavs can get one more off the bench to contribute, whether a young guy produces, or they sign another player, they will have one hell of a lineup.
    I think Z will be solid off the bench at least offensively. He'll probably manage somewhere around 18-20MPG I'm guessing. He'll be fresh. I think Hickson is the key though if he's going to end up being our backup PF. He's has to have a solid sophomore season. He showed he can be bone-headed in the game with mistakes (Odom-esque), but he was solid for what playing time he got...

11.4 MPG
    52% FG%
    67% FT%
    2.7 APG
    .48 BPG
    4.0 PPG

...I'm guessing this season he'll improve upon these numbers.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    This is the only thing i think of when i hear the name Anthony Parker

Anthony Parker: Game-Tying 3pter at the buzzer against Washington
    Vintage Parker right there. Hits a huge shot, gets a little happy, strolls back to the bench, gives a couple of high 5's and gets ready for OT.

He did that for the Raptors a lot. Whenever they needed to break a dry spell, or needed a big shot, or had to break another team's run, Parker was a guy that you always felt comfortable giving the ball to. He didn't always hit them, but you never felt like it was a waste of a possession. He's just a guy who knows when to step up and knows when to stay in the background.

It's good to see him getting some love on this board. Cleveland fans are going to appreciate what he brings to the table. Perfect compliment to a team making a championship run at a great price.

shoulda signed his sister instead

I rule the local playground darius15's Avatar

I haven't see too much of him, so do you guys know if he can defend the pick and roll well? If he can, that solves a big problem for Cleveland.

Delonte West would no longer play more than 42 mpg in the playoffs because Parker is a good backup SG.