Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Default Re: So where is Wade now, all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Against the weak Mavs defense

The one when Kobe was in his prime outscored the entire team by himself in 3 quarters

We will always remember that Kobe has more rings than the Miami Heat franchise
    Kobe would also have to go through the mid 00's Pistons to face those same Mavs' teams. Kobe always stunk against the Pistons and Tayshaun Prince owned him defensively. Wade put up 27ppg on 62% shooting.

To be honest if Bryant was on those teams its not a sure thing they even get to the Finals. Wade's ECF that year was arguably more dominant than his Finals performance.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    I thought we were taking about the Mavs tho? Since they're so soft surely Gawde should have dominated his matchup in 2011.
    He's talking about the 06 Mavs. You know, the team "Lawd Gawdbe" couldn't face because he couldn't get pass the legendary defense of the Mike Antoni Suns 35 PPG in regular season....27 PPG against the lockdown defense of Steve Nash and Amar'e Stoudemire

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    He's talking about the 06 Mavs. You know, the team "Lawd Gawdbe" couldn't face because he couldn't get pass the legendary defense of the Mike Antoni Suns 35 PPG in regular season....27 PPG against the lockdown defense of Steve Nash and Amar'e Stoudemire
    Yeah because when he did drop 50 his team won, and in the regular season when he dropped 50+ his team won against the Suns

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    Kobe would also have to go through the mid 00's Pistons to face those same Mavs' teams. Kobe always stunk against the Pistons and Tayshaun Prince owned him defensively. Wade put up 27ppg on 62% shooting.

To be honest if Bryant was on those teams its not a sure thing they even get to the Finals. Wade's ECF that year was arguably more dominant than his Finals performance.
    Wade's 2006 ECF performance is one of the more overlooked performances of all time. 27-6-5 on 62% shooting. Good lord.

Top 50.

25-35

Magic Johnson

The more I watch Wade the more I think his position in history is just about right. I used to think he was criminally overrated but I'm beginning to question whether his game was ever as good as I thought it was post 2006 Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I actually think Wade has a chance to win another Finals' MVP.
    I can see him winning another FMVP, just imagine him having another 2006 like finals performance and Lebron finding him open. D-Wade should be 20-25 his 2006 finals was an all-time performance, he's put up good stats, especially 08-09.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Hmmmm....

Career 25/5/6 guy in the regular season

Career 25/6/5 guy in the playoffs

2 titles and a finals mvp.

Longevity is the only thing holding him back really...oh, and not having an mvp.

I'd say top 20 the way people value titles. Wade really got screwed by Lebron in the 11 finals. Right now Wade should have 3 titles and 2 finals mvp's and he'd be knocking at the door of the top 10. Crazy how fragile moments in time like that are. Wade will most likely end up somewhere in the top 20....probably top 15 if the Heat win a couple more, but missing out on a title and finals mvp really set his legacy back.

40-45, short prime, no MVP, injury issues and a bit overrated...and he goes down in my list for his prodigious flop artistry and being a whinny little ****.

Other than that, he's solid
    Last edited by TheMan; 08-19-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Top 30 IMO

His antics on-court dropped him 5-10 spots

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Hmmmm....

Career 25/5/6 guy in the regular season

Career 25/6/5 guy in the playoffs

2 titles and a finals mvp.

Longevity is the only thing holding him back really...oh, and not having an mvp.

I'd say top 20 the way people value titles. Wade really got screwed by Lebron in the 11 finals. Right now Wade should have 3 titles and 2 finals mvp's and he'd be knocking at the door of the top 10. Crazy how fragile moments in time like that are. Wade will most likely end up somewhere in the top 20....probably top 15 if the Heat win a couple more, but missing out on a title and finals mvp really set his legacy back.
    basically

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Sidekicks don't win FMVPs
    A healthy Wade about 2011 level is only slightly worse than current Lebron they would be on the same tier. A healthy Wade with a consistent jumpshot is pretty much good as Lebron arguably better. Wade could easily outplay Lebron for one series he could probably outplay for an entire postseason.

A good regular season 2011 like with a great postseason while winning a ring puts him in the top 15.

Saw a basketball once

his statistics make him look like a very strong player. his FG% is respectable. his TS% is a little less than respectable. good number of assists for his humongous usage rate. when he has set his mind to it he can be a terrific defender which i think gets overlooked a bit.

but he and a few other players are clearly stern-manufactured superstars. he came along at just the right time when the league really went downhill in terms of quality basketball, with few exceptions. and does he make others better? i don't see much of that at all from him and that's a turnoff in a team sport, assist totals notwithstanding. (see marbury and iverson.)

he get's to the line a lot but he is getting stern superstar calls all career long. also the amount of palming and traveling he has gotten away with is a turnoff, another stern-inspired degeneration of the rules of the game for the sake of marketing the league as a product. the pinnacle of this ludicrousness was his 2006 title, which was handed to him in a disgusting and enabling fashion and that's always going to be hanging over his reputation.

basketball purists will have him outside the top 20 and probably closer to top 30-35.