Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Default Re: Derrick Rose is the 2010-2011 MVP!!

GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake made the top 10 with 5 votes !!!!!!

thank you D Rose

Saw a basketball once GameOverFool's Avatar

It was always going to be him. I wanted Dwight Howard to win it, but Rose is a worthy winner so i'm not really complaining.

Learning to shoot layups

Congrats to Rose. He worked his ass off in the regular season and helped his team get the #1 record with some of their best players out. With MVP out of the way he can focus on more important things now.

I teared up in his speech, yes homo

I usually hit open layups B-Rich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GameOverFool
    It was always going to be him. I wanted Dwight Howard to win it, but Rose is a worthy winner so i'm not really complaining.
    I disagree. I think Dwight did deserve it. Who else did Howard really have on his team that could put up a solid game, every game? No one. Howard really carried his team threw most of the season, and when the playoffs came through, he was the only one who did jack sh*t.

Derrick Rose has Boozer, Deng (So Underrated) and Noah (Again, underrated). If you seriously look what those other 3 did for the Bulls, Derrick Rose doesn't deserve the MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Rich
    I disagree. I think Dwight did deserve it. Who else did Howard really have on his team that could put up a solid game, every game? No one. Howard really carried his team threw most of the season, and when the playoffs came through, he was the only one who did jack sh*t.

Derrick Rose has Boozer, Deng (So Underrated) and Noah (Again, underrated). If you seriously look what those other 3 did for the Bulls, Derrick Rose doesn't deserve the MVP.
    Coming into the season, Orlando pretty much had its same core intact. Orlando averaged 59 wins the last two seasons, including a final and conference finals appearance. They came into this season expected to contend again and be one of the best teams in the East.

Coming into this season, we were not expected to be contending. We were expected to improve after the off-season acquisition of Boozer. But aside from that one big move combined with the uncertainty of a rookie coach, the Bulls were not expected to contend much less be one of the best teams in there conference. As a Bulls fan, I understand fully how valuable and under-rated players like Deng and Noah can be. But Boozer (the big summer acquisition) and Noah played together less than a total of 15 games this season with both missing significant time (1 month +). Keeping that in mind, the major consistent force has been Rose's improvement on the offensive-end, as well as the ability to mesh within a very different system. It goes two-fold, which is why it is no coincidence both player and coach won there respective awards.

Look i'm not saying Dwight Howard isn't deserving... he is. In fact, if his team would have just won 4 or 5 more games I am quite sure this would have been one of the closest MVP races ever.

But Rose did deserve it as well, and he just happened to be on the team with the best record and best feel good story. The votes don't lie, and there are simply too many reasons both tangible and intangible that led him to have a landslide victory.That's how the NBA awards roll, it's been like this for a long time now and the only reason why people would argue against it is because it doesn't fit the agenda of there respective favorite players.

Rose and Dwight were my top MVP candidates. And the votes should have been closer than they were. Classic case of David and Goliath. David gets more love. Rose got all the hype and attention this year. Everyone loves to root for the wittle guy moreso than the big guy. What Dwight has to do to win the award or just more votes is kinda unreasonable. If he avg 30ppg to go with the rest of his stats than maybe this race is closer and he wins it? Who knows. Dwight did all he could do. No problem with Rose winning it but its ashame the race wasnt closer especially Dwight only recieving 3 first place votes. Not sure how anyone can argue how that is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by hkfosho
    I teared up in his speech, yes homo
    I can imagine Rebecca Black saying that.

Serious playground baller I.Malcolm's Avatar

How many games did Boozer/Noah miss?

There's your answer.