Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Default Interesting polling data on British Muslims

78% thought Danish cartoon publishers should be jailed for insulting Mohammed
    68% thought anyone who insults Mohammed should be prosecuted
    45% thought 9/11 was a conspiracy between the USA and Israel
    36% thought Princess Diana was assassinated because she may have wanted to marry a Muslim
    30% would rather live under Sharia Law
    29% thought the Holocaust actually occurred
    19% respected Osama Bin Laden

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/291

Default Re: Interesting polling data on British Muslims

#NotAllMuslims

Polling 100 UK Muslims = #NotAllMuslims

National High School Star

I'm legit scared of them. Not on an individual basis, some of my closest and nicest friends are of that religion.

It is just that their religion/culture is a very old school, controlling, and specific culture and so there is no gray area when it comes to them. You either are or aren't and they want everyone to be that culture (not that they say it or try to change you, but seem to feel that way internally).

I was in for a surprise when one of my closest friends, that I've known since I was 5, and went to elementary through graduate school together, didn't invite me to his wedding because he had a very old skool type family. I understood where he was coming from, but it just made me aware of how strong and steadfast their culture is when it comes to outsiders. Most other religions have become a lot more "modernized" and have a pretty live and let live mentality.

I'm not sure why though?

Is it because the hub of these religions still are in very poor/undeveloped/not well educated countries? I assume that through education and "common sense" that it would change...but that polling statistic from them in England is a bit alarming and sad. I wish the OP put up a link though...so we could check out all sides of the info.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HitandRun Reggie
    78% thought Danish cartoon publishers should be jailed for insulting Mohammed
    68% thought anyone who insults Mohammed should be prosecuted
    45% thought 9/11 was a conspiracy between the USA and Israel
    36% thought Princess Diana was assassinated because she may have wanted to marry a Muslim
    30% would rather live under Sharia Law
    29% thought the Holocaust actually occurred
    19% respected Osama Bin Laden

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/291
    As expected. I have made threads on these kind of data because they are facts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    I'm legit scared of them. Not on an individual basis, some of my closest and nicest friends are of that religion.

It is just that their religion/culture is a very old school, controlling, and specific culture and so there is no gray area when it comes to them. You either are or aren't and they want everyone to be that culture (not that they say it or try to change you, but seem to feel that way internally).

I was in for a surprise when one of my closest friends, that I've known since I was 5, and went to elementary through graduate school together, didn't invite me to his wedding because he had a very old skool type family. I understood where he was coming from, but it just made me aware of how strong and steadfast their culture is when it comes to outsiders. Most other religions have become a lot more "modernized" and have a pretty live and let live mentality.

I'm not sure why though?

Is it because the hub of these religions still are in very poor/undeveloped/not well educated countries? I assume that through education and "common sense" that it would change...but that polling statistic from them in England is a bit alarming and sad. I wish the OP put up a link though...so we could check out all sides of the info.
    You should be scared because they are very dangerous as you can see from the Islamic State.

Anyways, as mentioned before, report to your local authorities of suspicious behavior. If they look like they don't belong somewhere that is a red flag.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    #NotAllMuslims
    It's still crazy how many ISIS supporters there are. Just that small poll showed how many IS members there are.

It is no coincidence that they think this way and this is a random poll too.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

I'm not sure why though?

That type of culture/religion or whatever you want to call it does not belong in the year 2015.

It's a Death Cult. Hellbent on converting you, or killing you.

Cast them out.

National High School Star

I think it would be interesting to do these sort of polls with educated vs. "uneducated" Muslims, Christians, etc...

I'd say that economics, and education, shape people much, if not more, than their religious affiliation in today's society. It is not dissimilar to the US when people were interviewed on the street having a strong positive or negative opinion on Obamacare vs. the Affordable Health Care Act without realizing they are both the same thing.