Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone here mess with Testosterone boosters?

I've heard pretty mixed reviews on them, but the general consensus seems to be that they work, at least somewhat. I picked up a really cheap brand (Six Star) after looking at some of the supplements they had at a local drugstore. It wasn't much, and I'm not expecting any miracles, but if I notice anything, I'm gonna research some more and pick up a more respected brand. I'm 5'7", 150, trying to get back up to the 160-163 range after losing most of my gains when I had pneumonia a month ago. Also looking for a little bit of a "pick me up" because I take prescription anxiety medication for insomnia that sort of dulls my senses a little bit. Anyone here use them before? What were the results? Any recommended brands?

Default Re: Anyone here mess with Testosterone boosters?

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    I've heard pretty mixed reviews on them, but the general consensus seems to be that they work, at least somewhat. I picked up a really cheap brand (Six Star) after looking at some of the supplements they had at a local drugstore. It wasn't much, and I'm not expecting any miracles, but if I notice anything, I'm gonna research some more and pick up a more respected brand. I'm 5'7", 150, trying to get back up to the 160-163 range after losing most of my gains when I had pneumonia a month ago. Also looking for a little bit of a "pick me up" because I take prescription anxiety medication for insomnia that sort of dulls my senses a little bit. Anyone here use them before? What were the results? Any recommended brands?
    If you need to gain weight, it's all about calories. Just eat more and take plenty of protein. At your age, you should have plenty of testosterone naturally. Give creatine a try if you really want to take a supplement.

Quote Originally Posted by Reef
    If you need to gain weight, it's all about calories. Just eat more and take plenty of protein. At your age, you should have plenty of testosterone naturally. Give creatine a try if you really want to take a supplement.
    This. Get GNC brand weight gainer. It's realitively cheap and almost 1000 calories a serving. Half before you lift and half after.

Be sure to get plenty of sleep too. May be an issue since you mention insomnia issues, but without enough rest your body won't bulk up.

Many current test boosters are not that effective since the restrictions on them have increased in recent years. I know the Six Star booster you've bought but havn't heard anything about it results wise.
    Last edited by upside24; 10-21-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Thanka for the replies. I know calories are important, seems to be my main problem. I'm both working, and going to school full time, so nailing down a meal routine has been a challenge. Add that to a fast metabolism, and I have days where I lose close to 5 pounds. I'll definitely give that gainer a try if I don't see results soon. $70 isn't bad, but it's enough to make me try eating some more before I go out and buy it. My gym schedule has taken a solid hit since the semester started too, I gotta work on my time management.

Banned

Also, to the OP...diet is very important. You should be having 6 meals a day.

I recommend the usual breakfast, lunch and dinner...so in between those meals you should have 3 more.

Since you are a student and on the run....try peanut butter, package or can of tuna, can of sardines, cottage cheese and yogurt. Those are high in protein and will help with gains.

Thanka for the replies. I know calories are important, seems to be my main problem. I'm both working, and going to school full time, so nailing down a meal routine has been a challenge. Add that to a fast metabolism, and I have days where I lose close to 5 pounds. I'll definitely give that gainer a try if I don't see results soon. $70 isn't bad, but it's enough to make me try eating some more before I go out and buy it. My gym schedule has taken a solid hit since the semester started too, I gotta work on my time management.
    A good way to get calories and nutrients when time is an issue is Equate brand "Slim Fast" shakes. Essientially the same as Slim Fast but cheaper, it provides +200 calories and 10 g of protein IIRC.

Keep a couple cans in your car and drink them as soon as you start to feel hungry. You want to eat or supplement calories through shakes about every three hours to make sure your body isn't going into catabolism (muscle wasting/hunger).

It's not healthy but McDonalds is an easy way to add quick weight. Two double cheeseburgers, two apple pies and a large shake is about 1600 calories.

3000-3500 calories a day, 1-1.5 grams protein per pound bodyweight, and regular weight work will definitely get you back to your previous weight.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    A good way to get calories and nutrients when time is an issue is Equate brand "Slim Fast" shakes. Essientially the same as Slim Fast but cheaper, it provides +200 calories and 10 g of protein IIRC.

Keep a couple cans in your car and drink them as soon as you start to feel hungry. You want to eat or supplement calories through shakes about every three hours to make sure your body isn't going into catabolism (muscle wasting/hunger).

It's not healthy but McDonalds is an easy way to add quick weight. Two double cheeseburgers, two apple pies and a large shake is about 1600 calories.

3000-3500 calories a day, 1-1.5 grams protein per pound bodyweight, and regular weight work will definitely get you back to your previous weight.
    I would assume you are suggesting this on workout days right?

I can't see that doing anything on days off.

Banned

Bro just eat alot no matter what if u want to pack on size. Remember peanut butter is ur friend. If u can't find time to eat get fast food, I know it not the healthiest but it better than not eating at all if ur trying to put on weight. Just called it a dirty bulk and cut later when ur satisfied with ur size. And also don't forget to lift. Good luck on ur journey

How old are you?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Also, to the OP...diet is very important. You should be having 6 meals a day.

I recommend the usual breakfast, lunch and dinner...so in between those meals you should have 3 more.

Bullsh*t

I would assume you are suggesting this on workout days right?

I can't see that doing anything on days off.
    Some people say that on off days you don't need to consume that many calories and use a weight gainer but from my experience and from others I know eating heavy and supplementing everyday is the best way to add size.

Some people gain easier than others and don't need to get +3000 cals a day but I do as a hardgainer.

For me it's easier to maintain my appetite and drive to eat that much if I do it all the time and not just certain days.

Edit: 9erempiree is right, 6 meals a day is ideal. Your body absorbs nutrients more efficiently in smaller meals and by spacing out 6 smaller meals opposed to 3 your body has a more steady supply of those nutrients. It's all about excess and not letting your body hunger. To gain weight your body has to consume more than it burns.
    Last edited by upside24; 10-21-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    How old are you?
    25. I was hoping you'd make an appearance

Banned

Any "test booster" that you can buy over the counter is a waste of money and a ****ing joke. If your interested in supplements taking some Zinc(the main ingredient in most "natural" boosters) and some Vitamin D(especially if you dont have a job that puts you out in the sun). Vitamin D is just a great supplement all around and there have been studies that show the correlation between the levels of Vitamin D in someones body and their testosterone.

As soon as I got on Zinc my loads when cumming were way bigger.

If your looking to gain weight, you just have to eat above your maintenance levels in calories(if you don't know this, a good starting point is your weight multipled by 13-14). Eatting more than that in accordance with working out will get you bigger.

Also don't listen to any of these retards about meal frequency. There are no studies that back that shit up. Unless you honestly enjoy preparing 6 meals per day that is. i skip breakfest everyday and workout fasted and give myself an 8 hour eating window where I get all of my calories in that timespan which helps me recover from that workout.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by upside24
    Some people say that on off days you don't need to consume that many calories and use a weight gainer but from my experience and from others I know eating heavy and supplementing everyday is the best way to add size.

Some people gain easier than others and don't need to get +3000 cals a day but I do as a hardgainer.

For me it's easier to maintain my appetite and drive to eat that much if I do it all the time and not just certain days.

Edit: 9erempiree is right, 6 meals a day is ideal. Your body absorbs nutrients more efficiently in smaller meals and by spacing out 6 smaller meals opposed to 3 your body has a more steady supply of those nutrients. It's all about excess and not letting your body hunger. To gain weight your body has to consume more than it burns.
    interesting.

I have a hard time eating that much meals but I try to eat on workout days and recovery days.

In my opinion, I think eating on rest days or week will only gain you fat. I could be wrong. For example, I have a protein shake everyday I workout and if I'm taking days off, I would hold off on the shakes.

interesting.

I have a hard time eating that much meals but I try to eat on workout days and recovery days.

In my opinion, I think eating on rest days or week will only gain you fat. I could be wrong. For example, I have a protein shake everyday I workout and if I'm taking days off, I would hold off on the shakes.
    I don't have to worry much about gaining fat because of my metabolism so I just eat constantly but you are right that for some eating like that on off days will add more fat.

I always make sure I get enough protein though especially on off days where I'm really sore.