Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe practices his handles....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    Clank, clank, clank.

Winning>Stats

Kobe Stan got mad.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Are you serious? Using MVP's to judge players now??? What a joke. How much MVP's does Shaq have? Steve Nash has 2, what's his ranking on the GOAT list?
    The way things have gone for Shaq and Nash is the exception, not the rule. Look at how many MVPs guys like MJ, Magic, Wilt, etc. have. Look at how many LeBron James has. Acting like the award that comes closest to anointing a best player in the league is irrelevant is stupid.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    The way things have gone for Shaq and Nash is the exception, not the rule. Look at how many MVPs guys like MJ, Magic, Wilt, etc. have. Look at how many LeBron James has. Acting like the award that comes closest to anointing a best player in the league is irrelevant is stupid.
    exactly. Anointed. Not earned

media and popularity award. Honestly gonna tell us that Nash was the "better" player than kobe those 2 years?

MVP is a subjective award, just like those all defensive teams that people here are always bitching about.

If it was completely legit, Kobe would definitely have more than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    exactly. Anointed. Not earned

media and popularity award. Honestly gonna tell us that Nash was the "better" player than kobe those 2 years?
    No, but I will tell you that if Bryant was the player so many of you think he is he'd have gotten more than one. You guys harp on Nash's aberration seasons but ignore that MVP awards are part of the legacy of guys like MJ and Magic. The fact remains that James has gotten 3 MVPs, thrice as many as Bryant in half the time.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

Why do Kobe stans even still make posts like this? Everyone knows Kobe isn't (and wasn't at any point in his career) in the same stratosphere as Jordan. There's a reason everyone has moved on to comparing Lebron to Jordan and not Kobe, because at this point it's established that Kobe will end his career in the bottom half of the top 10 players ever at best.

No, but I will tell you that if Bryant was the player so many of you think he is he'd have gotten more than one. You guys harp on Nash's aberration seasons but ignore that MVP awards are part of the legacy of guys like MJ and Magic. The fact remains that James has gotten 3 MVPs, thrice as many as Bryant in half the time.
    Well it's pretty obvious who has been deleting all the pro-Kobe threads, while leaving the anti-kobe and pro-lebron threads up.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Well it's pretty obvious who has been deleting all the pro-Kobe threads, while leaving the anti-kobe and pro-lebron threads up.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=281717
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=281734

No, but I will tell you that if Bryant was the player so many of you think he is he'd have gotten more than one.
    Kobe's a polarizing player, and the media(who votes on MVP) is just as susceptible to bias as anyone else. Shaq also has less MVP's than Nash. Is Nash better?

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Kobe's a polarizing player, and the media(who votes on MVP) is just as susceptible to bias as anyone else. Shaq also has less MVP's than Nash. Is Nash better?
    We've alread discussed this. Nash is an exception to the norm, and he only won two. There were plenty of other seasons for Bryant to capitalize on. The media holding a vast anti-Kobe conspiracy is a new point, I'll grant you. After we're done figuring out the Benghazi thing McCain and I will look into it.

We've alread discussed this. Nash is an exception to the norm, and he only won two. There were plenty of other seasons for Bryant to capitalize on. The media holding a vast anti-Kobe conspiracy is a new point, I'll grant you. After we're done figuring out the Benghazi thing McCain and I will look into it.
    You're denying Kobe's a polarizing player, regardless of skill? Almost as silly as when you used to claim Pierce was better "get buckets"

You're denying Kobe's a polarizing player, regardless of skill? Almost as silly as when you used to claim Pierce was better "get buckets"
    The history of the NBA doesn't revolve around Kobe. You do realize that right???

I told you, we're working on Benghazi. I'll get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    The history of the NBA doesn't revolve around Kobe. You do realize that right???

........do you even know what polarizing means. Saying a guy is polarizing doesn't mean everything revolves around him. In this case it just affects his mvp votes. Steve Blake can be polarizing if there are large numbers of people who hate or love him.