Thread: The Mafia II

Default The Mafia II

Sorry if a thread about this has already been made before, but I just wanted to say that I bought this game last night & it is pretty good.
    I don't like the fact that no matter how I play it, I'm always forced to go to the next mission, but the game is still fun.
    I'm a GTA-type gamer. The only non-GTA type of game I play is NBA 2K11, but I recently started getting bored of it, so I wanted to see if there are any new GTA games out. Note: I'm obviously not a big time gamer because I don't know crap about which new games have been released recently.
    I read about Saints Row, Scarface, The Mafia, and another game called Red Dead Redemption, which I borrowed from an in-law when it was first released but it just didn't appeal to me, to be honest.
    I decided to check out The Mafia. Anybody have thoughts on this game? I know it's a year old, but hell, I was about to start a new data in GTA IV before I decided that I know the story too well to find it as entertaining as I used to.
    ALso, does anybody know of any other games that are currently out that have a GTA-like feel to them?
    I know L.A Noire is coming out tomorrow, but I don't like to buy games when they first come out because of how pricey they are. I wait until the price falls a good $10-$20 before I spend money on it. Also, I read a bunch of reviews before even considering the purchase.

Default Re: The Mafia II

Played and beat it about a month ago.First of all the fight mechanics suck ass the punching is crap.

Other then that i really really liked the game the story is really awsome i think you will enjoy it.

Yeah, the fighting sucks. I was expecting it to get better as the game gets going, but nope. Reached the part of the game where you're in prison, and it's still the same old punches.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I was personally not a big fan. Some of the same complaints you have. It's an open world, like GTA, but since they only let you do the active mission, and there's not a ton of side stuff to do, it was just to linear (I'm having a similar gripe with LA Noir right now).

Saints Row is really exactly what you should be going for. It's pretty much GTA just arcaded out a bit so it's more rediculous.

Loved this game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Good storyline overall, nice world, I liked the time frame a LOT.

Needed more side things, to be more free roamable(not a word), better fighting.

One thing that bothered me is that once you arose to the top you'd fall down and something horrible would happen to you. I mean it happened too many times.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Old game, but free key here.

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=PRYsC8RYyhyE4b8W

Bought the humble bundle and I already have Mafia II. Redeems on Steam, I think.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Old game, but free key here.

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=PRYsC8RYyhyE4b8W

Bought the humble bundle and I already have Mafia II. Redeems on Steam, I think.