Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike brown

Local High School Star

Default Re: Mike brown

Lakers were down by 3 to start the 4th

Down by 14 when Kobe was sat down after not having had a break for the entire second half

Lakers without Kobe cut the lead to 7 and that's about how it ended with him back on the floor.

Non issue, nothing to whine about just move on. Kobe's fine with it, he knows what's up. If Brown HAD LEFT HIM IN for the entire second half in a losing effort you guys would be complaining about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    This has absolutely nothing to do with implementing a system......what SYSTEM.....on what planet, has Kobe Bryant sitting on the bench late in the 4th quarter?????? There is no legitimate excuse for this guys complete lack of coaching ability.....or even common sense. No one can explain in intelligent fashion what this moron is doing.
    Bottom line is that he was a moron in Cleveland and is still one in L.A.
    He'll be gone before next season begins......BOOK IT!!!!!!

Brown should go back to being a video editor or stats guy......just like Metta said.

Haha metta said this? When?

Mike Brown is a cool and all (I warmed up to his hiring some because of his defense 1st mentality), but I don't think you should hire a head coach who isn't the last say in his own huddle, straight up.

When you got Kuester (whose last team full of vets mutinied on him) with the clipboard drawing up plays, you got an issue.

When you got Darvin Ham and Chuck Person telling guys the defensive assignments, you got an issue.

I understand guys try to cover up their own short comings with their staff, but I cannot understand how a head coach does not do the head coaching duties other than do the post game presser.

And the Lakers complete lack of late game execution should be directly pointed at the head coach.

and the way he hawks loogies and spits them in a cup on the sideline is just simply gross as shit. C'mon man, cover your face or something, its disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    and the way he hawks loogies and spits them in a cup on the sideline is just simply gross as shit. C'mon man, cover your face or something, its disgusting
    Seriously right........somebody needs to tell him this is L.A, not Sacramento......or Cleveland. Can you just imagine Phil or Riley doing that???
    Brown is just wrong for us, plain and simple.

Anyone thinking that Kobe is ok with the benching is completely delusional.
    Kobe is very far from ok with it. Kobe refused to even go into the huddle because he was so pissed off. He said that he has to be the leader out there and cannot show any anger with the coach. He said he has had Brown's back all year.....he's had his back all year because guys have been critical of Brown all year, Nobody has to comment that they had your back if everyone is happy with you....and no one has been happy with Brown.
    Kobe remembers all the heat he took for his tirade so he is laying low publicly....I can guarantee you that he is seething.
    Brown said he didn't tell Kobe why he was benched and doesn't plan on discussing it with him....WTF??? Any decent coach at any level who has ever benched one of their star players has told them why they benched them.....otherwise what is the point? You need them to understand what they need to do to keep from getting benched, what you expect from them.
    Brown has continually been cooking a recipe for complete disaster.....maybe he's listening to his buddy who got run out of Detroit. Brown is History.....3 years left on his contract.....Kobe would be willing to buy out that contract....the rest of the guys would be willing to chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan-esque

This was so freaking good I had to steal it

This was a questionable move definitely. I want to give Brown the benefit of the doubt but it is tough.. sure the ball may have been stopping in the hands of Kobe too much in that 4th quarter but I think they could have figured it out. It was too late in the quarter to rest Kobe if that was his reason.

The only reason I can think of for benching Kobe is that Brown was angry with not much ball-movement, but that is NOT the time for statement. It is absolutely not the right time..

If that was the situation, you put Kobe out there and tell him to his face that what is happening is not right. Tell him explicitly, don't try to be implicit about it.. You know after 16 years, Kobe's style wins you games and loses you games. What will benching Kobe prove to anyone?? It just makes the entire situation worse and makes Kobe upset. Don't need a rift in the locker-room right now

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    I used to defend him a lot and I tried giving the benefit of the doubt on every occasion.

After reading Kobe's comments, and then seeing that Kobe didn't actually have a bad shooting game today, I am now on the middle boat that perhaps maybe the front office needs to get in there and investigate this issue. Because this was a win that we should have had, and it was lost because Bryant was not in.

So we need to examine why Mike did this, and if it was literally because he was in disagreement, then he shouldn't be coach. He gave Lebron whatever he wanted, but he seems to be a little different with Kobe.

kobe was not do anything late in the game only ball hogging and trying to score o defenders who were right up in his grill making it extremely hard for him to score... meanwhile u got bynum who can score almost every time if he doesnt turn it over or just kick it around. after he benched kobe we scored every possession the grizz just made plays with oj hitting that lucky 3 off a deflectec pass and then tony allen hitting like a 20 foot jump shot... then randolph with the hook and roll in they just won the game.

taking kobe out was a great move. if u are going to fire mike brown tha should not be the reason or the last straw or anything. kobe can have a very negative impact on this team when he gets into ball hog made just calling for iso every time cus he feels like he has something to prove... its bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    kobe was not do anything late in the game only ball hogging and trying to score o defenders who were right up in his grill making it extremely hard for him to score... meanwhile u got bynum who can score almost every time if he doesnt turn it over or just kick it around. after he benched kobe we scored every possession the grizz just made plays with oj hitting that lucky 3 off a deflectec pass and then tony allen hitting like a 20 foot jump shot... then randolph with the hook and roll in they just won the game.

taking kobe out was a great move. if u are going to fire mike brown tha should not be the reason or the last straw or anything. kobe can have a very negative impact on this team when he gets into ball hog made just calling for iso every time cus he feels like he has something to prove... its bs.
    I noticed that Kobe is not doing a good job being a distributor. But I am reading everywhere (because I didn't watch) that Kobe single handedly brought the team back to winning when they were down. Why bench Kobe after doing that?

I noticed that Kobe is not doing a good job being a distributor. But I am reading everywhere (because I didn't watch) that Kobe single handedly brought the team back to winning when they were down. Why bench Kobe after doing that?
    he did not really he made some shots but so did others sessions and blake with some 3s and bynum with buckets... was not just kobe not by any means anybody who says that is a kobe homer along with those retards at staples calling for him to come back in.

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    This was so freaking good I had to steal it
    Im pro mike brown but that was possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I can't stop laughing lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    he did not really he made some shots but so did others sessions and blake with some 3s and bynum with buckets... was not just kobe not by any means anybody who says that is a kobe homer along with those retards at staples calling for him to come back in.
    Yeah. I understand. Kobe has a very high IQ, but for the longest time, people made a claim saying "Kobe only passes to those who can play". This was during a time he didn't have a good team surrounding him. So we gave him the benefit of the doubt. Coaches let him shoot. We lost, and blamed it on management. Then everyone felt bad for Kobe who demanded a trade every single day. We now get him a bunch of talent. Talent Michael Jordan wish he had. Bynum is playing like the best center in the NBA as of late. Shaq called him the best. We have a power forward with the most skills out of any power forward, and hes still young enough to be a legit 1st or 2nd option. We have a point guard that has an extremely high IQ. Plays so smart.

What is Kobe's excuse now for taking terrible shots? Taking the shots he takes does not show his "high IQ" by any means. He's looking uncoachable, a claim made by Phil before, a claim made by reggie miller once when Kobe averaged 30 shots a game at one point shortly after Phil's return. Charles Barkley once said "No player should ever be allowed to take 30 shots a game". Frankly, its embarrassing because every other team has a system that they abide by. Why must Kobe feel like he's the exception to the rule?

He only won championships when he listened to Phil.

[QUOTE=B

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    This was a questionable move definitely. I want to give Brown the benefit of the doubt but it is tough.. sure the ball may have been stopping in the hands of Kobe too much in that 4th quarter but I think they could have figured it out. It was too late in the quarter to rest Kobe if that was his reason.

The only reason I can think of for benching Kobe is that Brown was angry with not much ball-movement, but that is NOT the time for statement. It is absolutely not the right time..

If that was the situation, you put Kobe out there and tell him to his face that what is happening is not right. Tell him explicitly, don't try to be implicit about it.. You know after 16 years, Kobe's style wins you games and loses you games. What will benching Kobe prove to anyone?? It just makes the entire situation worse and makes Kobe upset. Don't need a rift in the locker-room right now
    kobe only shoot 2 times in the first 7 minutes of the 4th, so no reason 4 brown to think kobe handle the ball too much there, he let ramon run the offense.

Im pro mike brown but that was possibly one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I can't stop laughing lmao.

Yeah. I understand. Kobe has a very high IQ, but for the longest time, people made a claim saying "Kobe only passes to those who can play". This was during a time he didn't have a good team surrounding him. So we gave him the benefit of the doubt. Coaches let him shoot. We lost, and blamed it on management. Then everyone felt bad for Kobe who demanded a trade every single day. We now get him a bunch of talent. Talent Michael Jordan wish he had. Bynum is playing like the best center in the NBA as of late. Shaq called him the best. We have a power forward with the most skills out of any power forward, and hes still young enough to be a legit 1st or 2nd option. We have a point guard that has an extremely high IQ. Plays so smart.

What is Kobe's excuse now for taking terrible shots? Taking the shots he takes does not show his "high IQ" by any means. He's looking uncoachable, a claim made by Phil before, a claim made by reggie miller once when Kobe averaged 30 shots a game at one point shortly after Phil's return. Charles Barkley once said "No player should ever be allowed to take 30 shots a game". Frankly, its embarrassing because every other team has a system that they abide by. Why must Kobe feel like he's the exception to the rule?

He only won championships when he listened to Phil.
    this year kobe had a lot of offnights when he took good shots and didn't make them.

annd as far as the bad shots? have you ever give it a second? maybe kobe shoot bad shoots cuz he is the only one on this team who can take those last second shots? maybe if our offense run better he take less of those.

and look - he is shooting more than 46% at home - no change from the "listned to phil" kobe you like - his bad shooting are coming on the road where the team is playing bad most of the times - he is less than 40% on the road this year and I think it has to do with brown playing him 40 minutes on the road at age 33 - that's crazy coaching right there - phil last year played him 33 minutes and brown said he was asked by kobe to let him play around 33MPG this year but he run him more so we can win more games.

If you looking for reason why kobe's shooting bad on the road you need to start with mike brown rotations.
    Last edited by White Mamba; 03-27-2012 at 09:57 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Talent Michael Jordan wish he had.
    Those Bulls teams were far more loaded than any contending team has been in the last decade. It was a different era with different rules and those teams were built near perfectly given those circumstances. I can't believe you would say this Lakers team is more talented than any of those Bulls teams.