Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ballhogs

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Ballhogs

I'm sure everyone has been in this situation. I found the best for me was to go all out the whole game - at least I knew I was doing everything to make my team win. If that meant making the right pass on one of the few possessions I touched than ball rather than thinking 'I might not get another chance to get a shot in this game', than I'd rather make the right play. I ran hard on the break, got back on D, went after rebounds and made my mind up I wanted to be the best defender that I could be. People do notice that stuff, and teams that are dysfunctional never tend to last long anyway before they implode. And in the end, at least I had a good rep as a hard worker, and it is amazing how people would really rather playing with that type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by Scal
    I'm sure everyone has been in this situation. I found the best for me was to go all out the whole game - at least I knew I was doing everything to make my team win. If that meant making the right pass on one of the few possessions I touched than ball rather than thinking 'I might not get another chance to get a shot in this game', than I'd rather make the right play. I ran hard on the break, got back on D, went after rebounds and made my mind up I wanted to be the best defender that I could be. People do notice that stuff, and teams that are dysfunctional never tend to last long anyway before they implode. And in the end, at least I had a good rep as a hard worker, and it is amazing how people would really rather playing with that type of player.

You are a good teammate. I would love to play with you.

Learning to shoot layups

I hate ballhogs, for me it gets to the point of I get the ball I avoid passing it to them just to show them how it feels, not that I get the ball much.

Ballhogging point guard are kinda detrimental to the team. The idiot is just wasting the shot clock, and team needs to have a real ball movement in a game.

Sometimes I don't pick these types of players in a pickup game. I don't have any problems if he's hitting his shots.