Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How awkward is it that Lin doesn't finish close games?

They gave him a lot of money but they won't even give him a chance to prove himself in the biggest moments. I can't think of any notable FA signing being treated this way not even halfway through a season.

It's almost like they signed him for publicity not basketball. I know Lin got his money but this must be humiliating

Decent college freshman

Default Re: How awkward is it that Lin doesn't finish close games?

He hit a three, found Asik for an easy bucket, got a steal and a rebound all in about 2 minutes and was benched never to be seen again. I feel for McHale but that was just straight up bad coaching

Lin and Asik didnt play at all in the 4th quarter

Well, I guess Jeremy Lin is going to be the most clutch player in the NBA now, and will have the ball on every important possession. Rockets fans everywhere rejoice.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I am NOT a Lin fan, i am unbiased toward both players, but...

Harden played like shit in the 4th quarter, idc what his numbers say.

Lin played well in LIMITED minutes.

Lin and Douglas played VERY well together when Lin was the sg.

The Rockets lost a 10 point lead with like 3 mins left, with Lin in the game, the Rockets would have held on.

McHale is a dumbass, yeah, i understand the dude lost his daughter, but he doesnt have to take that out on the asian.

Get Sampson running the team, Harden didnt iso as much in his offense!

McHale clearly likes sucking Harden's dick

Lin is getting ripped

Back to Business

Basically he is liability late in games.i knew it was over for him when he airballed that three againt miami. Missing the shot thats fine but airballing it? Damn!!!!!!!!!

Its time for u lintards to face the facts. Linsanity was all hype. I hated dat linsanity crap anyway cuz it copied vinsanity. The media couldnt even be original. Blame the media for building him up to fail and soon the media should crucify him but i know they not because lin is the tebow of basketball so he get a pass no matter what.

The thing thats bad about lin is that he does nothing great. He does alot of things good but theres nothing that sets him apart.

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    Basically he is liability late in games.i knew it was over for him when he airballed that three againt miami. Missing the shot thats fine but airballing it? Damn!!!!!!!!!

Its time for u lintards to face the facts. Linsanity was all hype. I hated dat linsanity crap anyway cuz it copied vinsanity. The media couldnt even be original. Blame the media for building him up to fail and soon the media should crucify him but i know they not because lin is the tebow of basketball so he get a pass no matter what.

The thing thats bad about lin is that he does nothing great. He does alot of things good but theres nothing that sets him apart.
    the biggest weakness for him is that he cannot shoot, his jumpshot is so broken he might have the worst shooting form in the league for a guard.

he was so successful last year becuase team didnt know this and allowed him to drive which is what he is good at. now teams just backoff and dare him to shoot and he struggles.

Decent playground baller Wang Zhi Zhi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    I have seen Kobe airball shots late in games. It happens

Maybe so but the Rockets bought into the hype enough to give him 30 mil

I actually agree with this. I've just never seen a team sign a FA for significant dollars and have him on such a short leash. Why let Dragic and Lowry go for Lin if you're going to play Douglas (who played behind Lin in NY) over him?

Note: I think Douglas is a better player than Lin but NBA politics has always given players priority by contract status. Especially when it's a new contract!
    Last edited by konex; 12-09-2012 at 12:31 AM.

the lineup in Houston for the last 4 - 5 minutes was , harden couldn't do anything no one was making shots and people like OJ mayo and collison was just driving inside at will. I know Asik may be an liability at offense sometimes but when you have like a decent lead with less than 6 minutes to go in the 4th you want defense over offense... And i also wonder what it would've been like if Lin had drove to the basket inside of Harden

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    the lineup in Houston for the last 4 - 5 minutes was , harden couldn't do anything no one was making shots and people like OJ mayo and collison was just driving inside at will. I know Asik may be an liability at offense sometimes but when you have like a decent lead with less than 6 minutes to go in the 4th you want defense over offense... And i also wonder what it would've been like if Lin had drove to the basket inside of Harden
    Yup, read my post in this thread, i agree.

Harden sucked dick

Banned

Lin's a system PG, he doesn't mesh well with iso star players. He defers to them too much, which makes him useless on the floor. He needs the ball in his hand.

I didn't catch the game, but if McHale isn't playing Lin and Asik in the 4th, and Harden is stinking it up in the clutch, it really dosn't say much for Morey's much-hyped signings over the summer.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    I didn't catch the game, but if McHale isn't playing Lin and Asik in the 4th, and Harden is stinking it up in the clutch, it really dosn't say much for Morey's much-hyped signings over the summer.
    More like it says a lot about the coaching job actually. Harden playing 45 mins on a bum ankle today almost says it all. No good reason to play Delfino, Patterson, and Aldrich for extended minutes today unless it's to shop the players. Much respect for McHale's legacy as a player, but as a coach, frankly he blows.

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    More like it says a lot about the coaching job actually. Harden playing 45 mins on a bum ankle today almost says it all. No good reason to play Delfino, Patterson, and Aldrich for extended minutes today unless it's to shop the players. Much respect for McHale's legacy as a player, but as a coach, frankly he blows.
    True, I never thought that McHale was a good coach. He always seems to be getting in squabbles with players, just like George Karl. His disagreements with Lowry really cost Houston.

However, this player rotation makes me wonder what's happening in terms of the coach and the front office. When highly-publicized acquisitions don't play, it raises the possibility that lots of negative stuff is happening behind the scenes.