Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Broussard: Boston offered Rondo+Green for Westbrook+Perk, OKC said no

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    He also reported Chicago and New York as likely destinations not even a week before. The guy is a disinformation junkie.
    The guy is a reporter. He is given information and then gets on TV or Twitter to report it. If a bunch of people said NY or Chicago a few days prior, it's not his fault that they were wrong. You guys act like he's spouting his personal opinion or something.

Anyway, OKC should have made the trade. I like a Rondo+Durant+Harden combo more than Westbrook/Harden/Durant. Not sure what Green offers though...

Default Re: Broussard: Boston offered Rondo+Green for Westbrook+Perk, OKC said no

Pretty sure Broussard justs hangs with the homeless dudes on the streets outside the NBA office in NYC and calls them sources.

This is a pretty ridiculous story.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    The guy is a reporter. He is given information and then gets on TV or Twitter to report it. If a bunch of people said NY or Chicago a few days prior, it's not his fault that they were wrong. You guys act like he's spouting his personal opinion or something.

Anyway, OKC should have made the trade. I like a Rondo+Durant+Harden combo more than Westbrook/Harden/Durant. Not sure what Green offers though...
    No..? Actually, nobody is acting like that whatsoever. Broussard is unrivaled when it comes to either embellishing facts or blowing "rumors" completely out of proportion.

Does Broussard even think about what he says?

He broke at least 2 trade rules in that scenario. He said after the season Boston made that offer, but that's impossible because not only would Green be a Restricted FA, but you can't trade back for a guy until after a year.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

I actually can see us trading Rondo you know. Doc said today, on handling players mentioned in trade talks: "It's not going to be the last time. We're in a grown up business. We always have been. You just try to be as honest as possible to him, and you go from there."

Sounds like "being honest as possible" could mean "we'll trade you if we get the right deal".

Chris Broussard was the one who kept talking about the big three forming in miami weeks before it happened. way before everyone else thought it was a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Chris Broussard was the one who kept talking about the big three forming in miami weeks before it happened. way before everyone else thought it was a possibility.
    actually stephen a smith broke that and broussard shamelessly piggybacked it. i think only after people noticed, he later gave credit to stephen a.

uploaded june 29th, 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-gEfw0gq7Q

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    actually stephen a smith broke that and broussard shamelessly piggybacked it. i think only after people noticed, he later gave credit to stephen a.
    Then I guess the criticism is justified.

Banned

Ainge is a moron. Why would OKC give up their center and their superstar PG for the most overrated PG in NBA history and the idiot choke artist Jeff Green?

NBA lottery pick

I think the Thunder wouldn

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

I love the trade

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

I'm in the same mind set of thinking Broussard is full of c-rap. On the VERY slight chance it's true, LOL! I really like Boston, though they aren't very enjoyable to watch anymore.. but thinking they could get Westbrook with that is hilarious.

Westbrook has room to improve and that's where this potential deal goes sour. He won't be doing the same boneheaded things that he did last playoffs next season. On paper, this is a great deal. A pass first guard dishing it to KD is what OKC needs, and the Celts need a scoring point guard to revitalize their aging offense.

The thunder would be stupid to do this deal.

The thunder need to stop playing games and trade Westbrook for a REAL big.
    They need to go to the lakers and trade for pau Gasol.

Westbrook for Gasol.

This would make the thunder legit.

why not?