Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AIrules
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Ana Ivanovic-Hottest Woman's Tennis Player

0o0o0o0o0 Mamma

Oh yeah, for sure.. She's amazing.

BTW, what is it about tennis....women's tennis especially.

I've noticed that every year there seems to be a new young great player who's only around 20, wins a grand slam or two and then next year it's another player that's doing all the same to the same script, young, up and coming, winning a big grand slam tournament..

I mean, is it just me there? What is that all about? Do they get past their prime when they turn 21 or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    Oh yeah, for sure.. She's amazing.

BTW, what is it about tennis....women's tennis especially.

I've noticed that every year there seems to be a new young great player who's only around 20, wins a grand slam or two and then next year it's another player that's doing all the same to the same script, young, up and coming, winning a big grand slam tournament..

I mean, is it just me there? What is that all about? Do they get past their prime when they turn 21 or what?
    Who are you talking about?

Last grand slam winners:
    2008 Maria Sharapova (3/3) / Ana Ivanovic (1/1)

2007 Serena Williams (8/8) / Justine Henin (6/7) / Venus Williams (6/6) / Justine Henin (7/7)

2006 Amelie Mauresmo (1/2) / Justine Henin (5/7) / Amelie Mauresmo (2/2) / Maria Sharapova (2/3)

2005 Serena Williams (7/8) / Justine Henin (4/7) / Venus Williams (5/6) / Kim Clijsters(1/1)

Clijsters, both Williams, Mauresmo, Henin these are all seasoned vets for tennis standards. Only Maria and Ana are young but Maria already won three GS's and Ana looks like she's here to stay too.

But yes, in tennis you enter your prime when you are about 22, and your prime stops when you are about 26. This is because experience and playing 'smart' is not that important in tennis, it is much more about being explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Last grand slam winners:

2007 Serena Williams (8/8) / Justine Henin (6/7) / Venus Williams (6/6) / Justine Henin (7/7)

2006 Amelie Mauresmo (1/2) / Justine Henin (5/7) / Amelie Mauresmo (2/2) / Maria Sharapova (2/3)

2005 Serena Williams (7/8) / Justine Henin (4/7) / Venus Williams (5/6) / Kim Clijsters(1/1)

Clijsters, both Williams, Mauresmo, Henin these are all seasoned vets for tennis standards. Only Maria and Ana are young but Maria already won three GS's and Ana looks like she's here to stay too.

But yes, in tennis you enter your prime when you are about 22, and your prime stops when you are about 26. This is because experience and playing 'smart' is not that important in tennis, it is much more about being explosive.
    Gael Monflies and James Blake should be one and two then. Tennis is all about smarts. Federer isn't exactly the most gifted athlete though he is strong and smart with his shots. His shots are mainly about placement and looking to get the opponent wrong footed. This is why you see him dominate a lot at the back of the court. Then, when he senses the opponent is off balance he gets a lot of easy points at the net.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Last grand slam winners:

Also I think the fact that a guy like Andre Agassi dominated the sport for a while indicates that tennis is mainly about smarts and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Gael Monflies and James Blake should be one and two then. Tennis is all about smarts. Federer isn't exactly the most gifted athlete though he is strong and smart with his shots. His shots are mainly about placement and looking to get the opponent wrong footed. This is why you see him dominate a lot at the back of the court. Then, when he senses the opponent is off balance he gets a lot of easy points at the net.
    But Federer is not as good as he was three years a go. He is one of the best athletes in the tennis sport ever by the way. Hard hitter, great runner, great stamina.

And I'm not saying there won't be and ocaissonal 30 year old that will do great, but on average tennis players do have their peak at a much younger age compared to most other sports. Why is that then?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    Maybe just because I'm a "black guy", but I don't see what's so amazing about this girl? In fact, she looks completely average to me
    I agree. She is not double take gorgeous, but neither is Maria Sharapova, or Anna Kournikova. Tennis players for the most part aren't hot.

Decent playground baller NotWorthy's Avatar

Ivanovic is hot, cuter with her hat on though!

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Im a black guy and I think she is by far the hottest tennis player in the world. She has a great face, gorgeous lips, a great shape and exotic skin color plus she carries herself well. I would take her over most of the black girls people here drool over(ex. chick in the other thread)
    I don't get this "exotic skin color", if by that you mean tan, than I agree, billions of people have this same "exotic tone". Her face is incredibly average to me, a scrunched nose, small eyes, and good proportion, nothing really to write home about. And what's this about gorgeous lips? They look like any cute girl's lips.

Although the pictures aren't the greatest, I don't see any real great curves on her as well. I don't really see much to drool over in any of those pics at all, and there's no hint that her ass is that fine either.

I just hate the perception people get when they overrate all athletes looks, especially the top of line athletes (eg: Sharapova, Serena). I bet you could see girls that looked this good walking down a city street for 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by High Potential
    Nice ass and exotic looking face, she looks like freakin Adriana Lima

I mean, just come on now.

I don't get this "exotic skin color", if by that you mean tan, than I agree, billions of people have this same "exotic tone". Her face is incredibly average to me, a scrunched nose, small eyes, and good proportion, nothing really to write home about. And what's this about gorgeous lips? They look like any cute girl's lips.

Although the pictures aren't the greatest, I don't see any real great curves on her as well. I don't really see much to drool over in any of those pics at all, and there's no hint that her ass is that fine either.

I just hate the perception people get when they overrate all athletes looks, especially the top of line athletes (eg: Sharapova, Serena). I bet you could see girls that looked this good walking down a city street for 15 minutes.
    Ana is damn gorgeous. Serena is a gorilla, while Sharapova is a twig that isn't remotely attractive.

I mean, just come on now.
    Spray on tan. Big Whoop.

Spray on tan. Big Whoop.
    I was comparing the faces, but alright.

Ana is damn gorgeous. Serena is a gorilla, while Sharapova is a twig that isn't remotely attractive.
    Well, I'm quite convinced. Her facial structure is completely average, a dime a dozen. I dated countless girls that I believe are more attractive than her.