Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nets... probably the most stacked team of our lifetime?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen

Damage control.

No, not even close, a KG that can't play 30 mpg, an old ass pierce and a 33 YO joe Johnson...

This current HEAT team is the deepest team in the league with the most talent at every position. And two of their best players are in their prime.
    Dwyane Wade is not in his prime anymore. And if you think they have most talent at the PG, PF, or C positions, I'd say you're drunk.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    Pretty odd that people are grouping Pierce and KG together. Pierce is pretty much done at this point, KG even last year was statistically a top 5ish defender.

I think starting AK47 when he's healthy, and using Pierce as their 6th man would be much better. If Pierce can play like Vince has in Dallas the last couple years or so, this lineup will be much scarier.

I don't understand why people keep saying this, is one 5 game stretch in the playoffs (albeit) going to overshadow his season last year (18/6/5 on 43% shooting and 18/6/6 on 48% shooting after the All star break ). I seen your are a very good poster so i'd think you'd know that already so it perplexes me why everyone just assumes he's done because he was bad against the knicks. I'm not agreeing with the OP at all it's just a topic that keeps coming up that Pierce is done.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Pretty odd that people are grouping Pierce and KG together. Pierce is pretty much done at this point, KG even last year was statistically a top 5ish defender.

I think starting AK47 when he's healthy, and using Pierce as their 6th man would be much better. If Pierce can play like Vince has in Dallas the last couple years or so, this lineup will be much scarier.
    Funny.. watching the game yesterday it was AK who looked old and kinda wobbly and pierce who looked fresh and nimble.

Pierce no longer has to be his teams go to scorer and playmake like he had to be in Boston. Between deron livingston jj and lopez all of that is taken care of. He can give great play in bursts and pick his spots. He can rest as long as he wants too ..on boston they needed him out there as much as possible

Pierce definitely isn't done.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdougie2180
    I don't understand why people keep saying this, is one 5 game stretch in the playoffs (albeit) going to overshadow his season last year (18/6/5 on 43% shooting and 18/6/6 on 48% shooting after the All star break ). I seen your are a very good poster so i'd think you'd know that already so it perplexes me why everyone just assumes he's done because he was bad against the knicks. I'm not agreeing with the OP at all it's just a topic that keeps coming up that Pierce is done.
    Just from watching, I haven't looked at his numbers too closely. I'm also admittedly a Pierce hater.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Funny.. watching the game yesterday it was AK who looked old and kinda wobbly and pierce who looked fresh and nimble.

Pierce no longer has to be his teams go to scorer and playmake like he had to be in Boston. Between deron livingston jj and lopez all of that is taken care of. He can give great play in bursts and pick his spots. He can rest as long as he wants too ..on boston they needed him out there as much as possible
    As I said in my post, I was referring to when AK47 is healthy. Or do you think he's pretty much done at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Pierce definitely isn't done.
    idk man, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not one of his fans (didn't like how he got all of KG's shine for that 08 run, and hate him whenever he plays the Lakers), but in the limited games I watched him last year he looked nothing like himself. Maybe he was asked to do too much or he was hurt?

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

idk man, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not one of his fans (didn't like how he got all of KG's shine for that 08 run, and hate him whenever he plays the Lakers), but in the limited games I watched him last year he looked nothing like himself. Maybe he was asked to do too much or he was hurt?
    he's averaging 19 PPG on 9 FGA and 60% shooting. Those stats are remarkable for any player, let alone a 36 year old. Not to mention he's playing less than he's accustomed to. Paul is being asked to do less with more and he's DOMINATING.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Last year he led the Cs in points, second in assists. It's very early but this season he leads the Nets in points, second in assists. He might not make the All-Star team but he is still one of the better starters at his position. Is a guy "done" when he's going to win his match-up more often than not?

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    he's averaging 19 PPG on 9 FGA and 60% shooting. Those stats are remarkable for any player, let alone a 36 year old. Not to mention he's playing less than he's accustomed to. Paul is being asked to do less with more and he's DOMINATING.
    Now that does go too far. He's only played 2 games and hasn't scored 20 in either.

Plenty of Lakers and Celtics teams were more stacked with their stars in their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Last year he led the Cs in points, second in assists. It's very early but this season he leads the Nets in points, second in assists. He might not make the All-Star team but he is still one of the better starters at his position. Is a guy "done" when he's going to win his match-up more often than not?
    Depends. Done isn't the same for every player IMO (especially for all-time greats), it just means the guy is a shell of his former self. Doesn't mean he should be out of the league obviously, but he's not the same player. Maybe I should've said he's lost a step instead.

Depends. Done isn't the same for every player IMO (especially for all-time greats), it just means the guy is a shell of his former self. Doesn't mean he should be out of the league obviously, but he's not the same player. Maybe I should've said he's lost a step instead.
    That would be accurate, he's not a 25/6/5 player anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    That would be accurate, he's not a 25/6/5 player anymore.
    All the time at least. Part of growing older is not being able to do the same shit every night. Obviously he (like any other aging player) is capable of throwback performances any given game, and can even string a few together. But they become the exceptions, not the trend.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

AK is recovering from back spasms and thus was his first real action in more than 2 weeks.