Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1017181920212223 ... LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man schyza's Avatar

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Interesting, I'll try this.
    Curious did you ever try the trick to bypass the cut scene? I have that $hit down pretty good now the only time it F***s up on me is if there's a rock or something next to me and I for some reason forget to let go of the RB button (the one to stop my horse) he will duck for cover kind of funny actually

Quote Originally Posted by schyza
    Curious did you ever try the trick to bypass the cut scene? I have that $hit down pretty good now the only time it F***s up on me is if there's a rock or something next to me and I for some reason forget to let go of the RB button (the one to stop my horse) he will duck for cover kind of funny actually
    Yeah, it actually worked.

New co-op missions for download. Free

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I think I ran into another glitch.

I've been trying to get the skunks/raccoons/foxes for a hunting achievement. I got the skunks and raccons, but the foxes are hard to find. I ran into this blue dot guy who is a tanner, and asks me to collect skins. He tells me to lay out bait to attract foxes. It's worked, but I've only gotten four so far.

So I used up some bait, and now I went back to the store to buy more. Even though I had four on me, they still let me buy five. But then when I went to use them, I only had five, so they charged me for five baits, but only gave me one. That's not a big deal, but the problem is, all the stores are listing the bait as MAX, so I can't buy anymore. And now I've used all five of mine, and they still won't let me buy more. And I can't find the foxes without using the skinner dot guy. I don't know why they won't let me buy more bait.

I can't wait to pull down the coop missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I think I ran into another glitch.

I've been trying to get the skunks/raccoons/foxes for a hunting achievement. I got the skunks and raccons, but the foxes are hard to find. I ran into this blue dot guy who is a tanner, and asks me to collect skins. He tells me to lay out bait to attract foxes. It's worked, but I've only gotten four so far.

So I used up some bait, and now I went back to the store to buy more. Even though I had four on me, they still let me buy five. But then when I went to use them, I only had five, so they charged me for five baits, but only gave me one. That's not a big deal, but the problem is, all the stores are listing the bait as MAX, so I can't buy anymore. And now I've used all five of mine, and they still won't let me buy more. And I can't find the foxes without using the skinner dot guy. I don't know why they won't let me buy more bait.

I can't wait to pull down the coop missions.
    You can find foxes in Tall Trees. Soon as you enter Tall Trees and see the snow? There is a cabin. Go past the cabin and in that area at night are foxes. Or the area right beyond Bearclaw Camp...as you past the broken cabins it'll be open land. Go right and you'll run into them there as well. I had trouble finding skunks. But I'm thinkin the game is aware that is what you're lookin for and doesnt spawn as many? Prior to this hunting mission I ran into numerous skunks. Then when I did this missions and found a ton of raccons/foxes the skunks were difficult.

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

I have two friends on x-box live with RDR.
    we're going to bust co-op tonight. (I hope)

you guys on x-box? I forgot.

I'm down to do some of the new Co-Op missions on X-Box tonight around 11:00 PM (Central Time). If anyone plans to be on around that time, send me an invite.

Warp1ay is the gamertag.

I'm down but I'm having trouble logging into multiplayer. I get to the loading screen and thats about as far as I can get. I hit up a couple folks on my buddy list and asked if they had the same issues. They said yeah.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

You can find foxes in Tall Trees. Soon as you enter Tall Trees and see the snow? There is a cabin. Go past the cabin and in that area at night are foxes. Or the area right beyond Bearclaw Camp...as you past the broken cabins it'll be open land. Go right and you'll run into them there as well. I had trouble finding skunks. But I'm thinkin the game is aware that is what you're lookin for and doesnt spawn as many? Prior to this hunting mission I ran into numerous skunks. Then when I did this missions and found a ton of raccons/foxes the skunks were difficult.

Thanks,
    yeah, the foxes are everywhere in tall trees. And for some reason they sold me the bait again up there, so now everything seems back to normal.

Skunks were a little tough for me. I found some behind the theatre in Armadillo, and just south of the Hennigan Ranch. But they are very hit or miss.

Now I'm hunting for Beavers for the glue for the airplane guy in Mexico. I found four around the river just over the Thieves Landing bridge, and now I can't get any to appear.

I did mow through a bunch of achievements last night though. Got the three bears with one shot each. Got all the plants achievements from the north region, now I'm on the one where you need two of every plant. I want to do a bunch of this stuff before I open up the G Man missions. He's the only guy on the map to work for at the moment. I feel like it's running down on story missions.

I'm down but I'm having trouble logging into multiplayer. I get to the loading screen and thats about as far as I can get. I hit up a couple folks on my buddy list and asked if they had the same issues. They said yeah.
    same here. but we did get it to finally work. It was pretty fun and it is also a little challenging. There was a couple missions that we kept dying on. Looking forward to re-trying. Gobb what's your x-box name?

Undisputed (Warp1ay) I will friend request you tonight. we can do missions. Last night we did have 4 people and it was cool. All 4 of us are not always on-line at the same time so it will be good to have a couple of more friends and maybe we'll be on at the same time. To bad I didn't see your message until this morning because 1 of us (Brujesino) had to turn his x-box off (too hot) for a while and we only had 3.
    could of invited you.

My gamertag is strikskillz. I'm down to do missions. I've completed all but 1. Think you need to complete all 6 to open up the Advanced Co-op missions. I'm assuming those are a bit more challenging. Same missions but tougher I guess. The one mission that was tough for me was Ammunition. Gatlins guns, cannons, shytload of mexican army. You can go down easily. And you start off in Terora Azul (sp? in Mexico in that little gang hideout town. Get attacked from each end. Nightime, dark, raining. Cant imagine doin that mission with only 2 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Thanks,
    yeah, the foxes are everywhere in tall trees. And for some reason they sold me the bait again up there, so now everything seems back to normal.

Skunks were a little tough for me. I found some behind the theatre in Armadillo, and just south of the Hennigan Ranch. But they are very hit or miss.

Now I'm hunting for Beavers for the glue for the airplane guy in Mexico. I found four around the river just over the Thieves Landing bridge, and now I can't get any to appear.

I did mow through a bunch of achievements last night though. Got the three bears with one shot each. Got all the plants achievements from the north region, now I'm on the one where you need two of every plant. I want to do a bunch of this stuff before I open up the G Man missions. He's the only guy on the map to work for at the moment. I feel like it's running down on story missions.
    I did it the same way. Before I did any blackwater missions I finished up the side stuff. I completed as much as I could before starting the missions there. Some things you cant complete until you do those missions and/or finish the entire game. You're still a ways away from finishing the story.

[QUOTE=GOBB]My gamertag is strikskillz. I'm down to do missions. I've completed all but 1. Think you need to complete all 6 to open up the Advanced Co-op missions. I'm assuming those are a bit more challenging. Same missions but tougher I guess. The one mission that was tough for me was Ammunition. Gatlins guns, cannons, shytload of mexican army. You can go down easily. And you start off in Terora Azul (sp? in Mexico in that little gang hideout town. Get attacked from each end. Nightime, dark, raining. Cant imagine doin that mission with only 2 people.

(if only 2 people, then less enemies probably, right?)
    yeah we did that one a couple of times. didn't pass it. that one is fun though.
    we secured the East side and the west side and there was these dudes up on that hill that just owned us. we did the herding one only once I think. had only 8 out of 20 towards the end and then lost a couple more and it stopped and said failed that we had lost to many. I don't know if we got down to only 5 or if they all died or what but didn't pass it.

I have a feeling you might be on a different level of gaming than I am.
    I've only been playing (shooter) games since last x-mas. Don't get me wrong though, I can hold my own straight up and am a great team player.
    Don't want to trip you out. Just saying all this because I know some people get frustrated with noobs, but don't even trip. we will tear it up if we get the chance.

I had a bit of a scare yesterday while playing the new dlc.I was just aiming and shooting at bad guys when all of a sudden my 360 turns off i thought maybe the power whent out but i see that everything else is still turned on.Then i look at the power chord thing when its off the color is yellow when its on it green but mine was red i was so pissed so i disconnected it the thing was burning hot.Thankfully after 2 hours i tried it again and it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    I had a bit of a scare yesterday while playing the new dlc.I was just aiming and shooting at bad guys when all of a sudden my 360 turns off i thought maybe the power whent out but i see that everything else is still turned on.Then i look at the power chord thing when its off the color is yellow when its on it green but mine was red i was so pissed so i disconnected it the thing was burning hot.Thankfully after 2 hours i tried it again and it worked.
    you ever had to get yours repaired in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    Good thing you waited a couple hours before turning it back on. How long would you say you had your X-Box on? That's pretty bad ass that it shut down because it was too hot. That's better than the RROD, or other similar errors.

Is you X-Box cord plugged into a wall outlet or a strip? It should be in a wall outlet. Be sure to make sure the plug is well secured into the outlet, meaning make sure you don't have it half way in and dangling. Everytime I got the red ring, I noticed my plug was not in completely. Also, unplug after use.
    Last edited by Undisputed; 06-24-2010 at 03:58 AM.