Default Re: Damon Wayans Jr. = The Future of Comedy

"Most Bumped Thread"

bears can smell it OncePerMonth's Avatar

So just how far away is this future?

Quote Originally Posted by OncePerMonth
    So just how far away is this future?
    It's only been 6-7 years since this thread was made. Stop being so impatient. He will be a household name any day now...
    Last edited by rezznor; 08-14-2014 at 08:48 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    They cancelled Happy Endings. That show was damn good and he was the best aspect.

You seem way too invested, though, Kizzle. Are you Damon Wayans Jr?

Listen, I like your act and persona and your dad has been hilarious since forever but you need to cut out the borderline homo shit you do. It's a bit weird.
    Happy Endings was pretty good, but I thought DWJ was about the 4th best character after Max and all 3 girls.

Love Live Life

Hey Kizzle, Do you think Damon Wayans Jr. will be bigger than the other Wayans and his Pop?

I was thinking bout this the other day when I seen his trailer for his new movie. It seems like he has more appeal and safer comedy style for the whiter audience than his Pop and some of the other Wayans.

I don't think he's funnier than his Pop, Marlon, or Shawn but he has the talent to crossover and appeal to a broader audience.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Hey Kizzle, Do you think Damon Wayans Jr. will be bigger than the other Wayans and his Pop?

I was thinking bout this the other day when I seen his trailer for his new movie. It seems like he has more appeal and safer comedy style for the whiter audience than his Pop and some of the other Wayans.

I don't think he's funnier than his Pop, Marlon, or Shawn but he has the talent to crossover and appeal to a broader audience.
    No, and that is because of his family.

The Wayans are pretty huge with white audiences. Scary Movie and White Chicks didn't make money off of blacks that's for sure. Those weren't Booty Call or How To Be a Player types movies. And In Living Color and My Wife and Kids were also huge with white audiences. My Wife and Kids was ABC's number one rated comedy for four of the five seasons it ran on the network. ILC was only behind the Simpsons in it's run on FOX from 1990-1994.

Jr. doesn't have that iconic character his dad had and he had a bunch. Sr. I bet still get's called Homey the Clown or Blaine Edwards on a regular.

Jr. is the most successful of the Second Gen with on Damien is close challenger. Jr. is still behind Kim at a distant 6th most successful Wayans.

Chaunte Wayans has a special tonight on MTV2 under Nick Cannon's Wild N Out brand.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Chaunte Wayans has a special tonight on MTV2 under Nick Cannon's Wild N Out brand.
    Watched about 10 minutes of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks101
    Watched about 10 minutes of this.
    Watch out Amy Schumer.

No way you actually believe that shit was funny unless you are her.

No way you actually believe that shit was funny unless you are her.
    Of course she was funny. She's no Wanda Sykes though.

She's the very definition of a hack. I predicted just about all her punchlines. Her delivery was terrible and they had to pipe in laughter. Stop being such a Stan you know that was ass.

She's the very definition of a hack. I predicted just about all her punchlines. Her delivery was terrible and they had to pipe in laughter. Stop being such a Stan you know that was ass.
    Most television shows have canned laughter. And is it me being a stan or you being a hater? I'm pretty sure you don't like the Wayans Bros so of course you won't like their niece.

She was funny. Not like I said it was the greatest set I'd ever seen. Or that she is the second coming of Phyllis Diller.

She told a joke about how she was in jail, and how they need to figure out a way to punish Lesbians because she was in Heaven and excited to undress in front of other women.

A joke about fat bitches.

A joke about how men aren't interested in here because she's a stud.

Those are just the ones I remember and I watched this like 20 minutes ago. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Most television shows have canned laughter. And is it me being a stan or you being a hater? I'm pretty sure you don't like the Wayans Bros so of course you won't like their niece.

She was funny. Not like I said it was the greatest set I'd ever seen. Or that she is the second coming of Phyllis Diller.
    I have no feelings about them one way or the other. I liked the Wayan's Bros sitcom, My Wife and Kids was okay and some of their movies are decent. She was awful, she's a hack. Easy Lesbian jokes anybody could have written. The only half decent thing she said was about how she grew up in the Projects while she had all these rich family members. Which still wasn't funny but at least it was something different and unique to her.

I guarantee there are hundreds of Lesbian comics telling the same jokes and not making any money doing it because their last name isn't Wayans.
    Last edited by Knicks101; 12-18-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Oh and how could I forget the classic "Women couldn't be the President because bitches be crazy" stuff. Wow.