College superstar

Default Jalen and Bill's season preview

...and how it pertains to the Bulls.

Atlanta was just done a team or so ago. Simmons proposed Horford to the Bulls for Boozer, Mirotec, Charlotte's and our picks.

I would like to keep either Mirotec or Charlotte's pick (preferably Charlotte's) but otherwise I love that trade idea.

Thoughts on that one?

And it got me thinking... we have a huge expirer in Deng, a serviceable, expirering-the-year-of-Lebron player in Boozer.. and two very very nice assets in Charlotte's pick and Mirotec. What do you guys want to see the Bulls do with them? Sit on them? Trade them?

College superstar

Default Re: Jalen and Bill's season preview

I believe most people on this forum know, by now, that I dislike complacency, and that I believe the Bulls are good enough to believe they can win, but not good enough to actually win.

Boozer, our pick, Mirotec to the Hawks for Horford.

Deng to the Kings (I still love this trade) for Thornton, Salmons and a pick.

I have no problem with that proposed trade really. Giving them Boozer means their own pick is gonna be better anyways probably.

And if we have Horford we don't need Mirotic.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I have no problem with that proposed trade really. Giving them Boozer means their own pick is gonna be better anyways probably.

And if we have Horford we don't need Mirotic.
    Yeah, clearly I liked the idea (otherwise wouldn't have posted).. and that was with sending all 3 picks/assets over!

If we could hold on to one of them, I think it would be fabulous. Potentially put us over the top.

I saw that and really liked it. It does seem like we're giving up too much by giving them Mirotic and Charlotte's 1st (should be one or the other) but I think I can live with that.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I saw that and really liked it. It does seem like we're giving up too much by giving them Mirotic and Charlotte's 1st (should be one or the other) but I think I can live with that.
    I agree, getting Horford is definitely worth it.

College superstar

Another thought is that I expect the Hawks to be much better than Simmons does. That said, if the Hawks are competing for a top 4 seed (as I expect.. around 5-6) then why trade their best player in a tank-move?

That said, I think Pau is more realistic.
    Boozer, Teague and Charlotte's pick for Gasol.

Then trade Deng (we need more scoring) and our pick for Gallo, Randolph.

Lineup:
    Rose/Hinrich
    Butler/Snell
    Gallo/Dunleavy
    Gasol/Taj/Randolph
    Noah/Mohammed

...Though if we want to keep Deng for this year, solely to defend Lebron, that's fine. Gasol is enough of an upgrade over Boozer that I like our chances anyway. Then if it doesn't work, Deng and Gasol both expire after this year.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

when will people quit bashing boozer... Hes not a hall of fame power forward hes going to get his 13 points 10 rebounds and have his go to unblockable jump shot. It falls at a high % so what hes not tim duncan the guy is strong he wont be bullied and he is someone to count on. We never lost the play offs cause of him he was our best scorer.

as for horford for Boozer Mirotic and charlots pick thats just rediculous. hell yeah Atlanta would go for that. Mirotic > horford alone

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    when will people quit bashing boozer... Hes not a hall of fame power forward hes going to get his 13 points 10 rebounds and have his go to unblockable jump shot. It falls at a high % so what hes not tim duncan the guy is strong he wont be bullied and he is someone to count on. We never lost the play offs cause of him he was our best scorer.

as for horford for Boozer Mirotic and charlots pick thats just rediculous. hell yeah Atlanta would go for that. Mirotic > horford alone
    ...We clearly have differing views on players, but I'm not bashing Boozer. I appreciate all that he has done for us. But the fact is that Boozer's ceiling is not as high as Pau's, and not nearly as high as Horford's.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

pau is in his 30s you dont trade for players like that Bulls are not going for the 1 year rental to win a championship we are going for the dynasty... now if pau was cheap yeah go for it... but other than that he has nowhere to go but down. Statistics dont lie people start to decline as age sets in. I am 34 years old ive always had good legs now my aches and pains are chronic after being physical. The knees have a shelf life. If you could only imagine some tissue between bones and 100s of pounds beating on them you'll know what i am saying. Boozer is old also but hes a win now and our Picks + mirotic are our future. If anything after mirotic takes boozers place trade him for some draft picks. Horford on the other hand does not impress me as much as everyone else is. Alot of his big games were based on Good passes under the basket.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
    pau is in his 30s you dont trade for players like that Bulls are not going for the 1 year rental to win a championship we are going for the dynasty... now if pau was cheap yeah go for it... but other than that he has nowhere to go but down. Statistics dont lie people start to decline as age sets in. I am 34 years old ive always had good legs now my aches and pains are chronic after being physical. The knees have a shelf life. If you could only imagine some tissue between bones and 100s of pounds beating on them you'll know what i am saying. Boozer is old also but hes a win now and our Picks + mirotic are our future. If anything after mirotic takes boozers place trade him for some draft picks. Horford on the other hand does not impress me as much as everyone else is. Alot of his big games were based on Good passes under the basket.
    Pau Gasol is more than 4 years younger than Tim Duncan. Just to give you an idea of how someone with his skill set ages. Not that Gasol is as good as Duncan was... but just to give an idea.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Not good enough to make this team better.

blah blah, I know, you made your point, you disagree. I want a better option, and I prefer to wait, than blow chips for a slightly better deal.

It's Danny Granger all over again.