Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: NBA Finals 2009: Lakers vs Magic (Your Predictions)

Magic in six.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Default Re: Discuss the Magic vs Lakers matchup

Bynum is playing through an injury, so it will be Gasol who plays Dwight. I don't think Gasol will have any problems. Gasol is taller and has a jumpshot. Dwight does NOT have a jumpshot and cannot shoot over the taller Gasol.

It sucks that Odom, Ariza, Kobe, and Bynum is injured, yet Lakers are still favored to win it all.

Default Re: NBA Finals 2009: Lakers vs Magic (Your Predictions)

My better sensibilities will take heed of the fact that the Magic wrecked shop on LA during the regular season, sooooooooo with that being said, I am a bit unsure about how this will go.

I will say this...the days off are definately going to help LA..

Andrew must at least do a job on Dwight defensively...but i think you can live with him going off,..

LAKERS MUST COVER THE THREE! They have a bad habit of not doing that.

Reminder: Don't post mere predictions. Post ANALYSIS and DISCUSS the matchup, with OPINIONS about how the teams play, the player matchups, etc. That's worth reading. A simple prediction isn't

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    Bynum is playing through an injury, so it will be Gasol who plays Dwight. I don't think Gasol will have any problems. Gasol is taller and has a jumpshot. Dwight does NOT have a jumpshot and cannot shoot over the taller Gasol.

It sucks that Odom, Ariza, Kobe, and Bynum is injured, yet Lakers are still favored to win it all.

LOL..this has to be the moronic post of the night.. nene and Kmart were gettin to the rim and dunking what do U think Howard will be doing ? Gasol is the equivalent of Varejo gaurding Howard..Howard will eat Gasol up if he gets low post position.

Very good NBA starter

I dont expect Bryant to go off 40 plus all series like Lebron did.

Pietrus is very athletic and tenacious, he gave up speed and strength on lebron with Kobe he matches his athletically and will force kobe into at least one subpar 43 below FG%.

THe lakers get too confident but, athletically they are able to close on the magics lengthier shooters.

On the lakers side i see.

Odom and Ariza playing a lot of minutes to neutralize Hedo and Lewis. I think Odom when focused can slow down Lewis due to his athletiscm. Ariza will take away the penetration advantage Hedo had with clevelands undersized lineup.

Kobe will have to move off the ball because Pietrus is a good defender who is tenacious.

Fisher may start, but Farmer should be getting good 25 mins in this series. He can neutralize Alston better than Fisher could.

Gasol can move howard further away from the basket on posessions and that helps the lakers rebounding.

On the magic side.....

Pietrus has shown he can score 10-15 points off the bench consistently while giving good defense. Lakers need to remember his sweet spot(right corner) and defend it.

The magic have been lights out from 3 collectively....I expect the magic to cool down, but will definitely shoot 38 percent from 3.

Overall, I hate both teams but the Lakers focused are better, Dwight and Kobe have the upper hands, but both teams are able to neutralize role player advantages.

That said I feel the lakers win in 6. Phil Jackson is a lot better at adjustments than Rivers and Brown.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    LOL..this has to be the moronic post of the night.. nene and Kmart were gettin to the rim and dunking what do U think Howard will be doing ? Gasol is the equivalent of Varejo gaurding Howard..Howard will eat Gasol up if he gets low post position.

Gasol may not be tough at all, but comparing him to Varejau(spelled wrong i bet) is assinine.

Gasol has very good shooting range for a big man. Howard cant do as much damage if hes away from the basket. Perkins and Davis showed the blue print on how to guard him. If the lakers execute the plan right, howard wont be camped 5 feet in as much.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball

Gasol may not be tough at all, but comparing him to Varejau(spelled wrong i bet) is assinine.

Gasol has very good shooting range for a big man. Howard cant do as much damage if hes away from the basket. Perkins and Davis showed the blue print on how to guard him. If the lakers execute the plan right, howard wont be camped 5 feet in as much.

Magic in six.

Howard will own Bynum, canceling out good play by Kobe.

Outside of Gortat and Dwight the Magic aren't a physical team. Physical teams give the Lakers problems. I think Lakers in 6.

Banned

Considering the fact that most teams that have won the championship were actually swept in the regular season by their opponent in the Finals.

Cavs vs Spurs - Cavs swept them in Reg. Season, Spurs sweep them in the Finals.

Mavericks-Heat - Mavs swept Heat in Reg. Season, Heat end up taking the series 4-2.

However, last season. Lakers got swept by the Celtics in the regular season and lost to the Celtics in the Finals. It may be a different story considering the fact that the Celtics had 3 Hall of famers on that team that were very hungry for a championship as well.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I think this will be a repeat of Houston vs Lakers in terms of game scores. Howard will prove to be rather insignificant against lakers, it will be all about Lewis/Pietrus/Alston making 3s. Gasol will have a much easier time scoring than he did against Rockets and Nuggets, I don't see anyone on magic that could really defend him. Kobe will no doubt be getting chased down by smaller magic players, putting more preasure on rest of Lakers team to make points. Unless Lakers play like they did in last game against Nuggets, I have to say Lakers in 7.

Lakers in 6 or 7.

Lakers live off the fast break, and if those 3's aren't going in for Orlando they will get gobbled up. Lakers will have trouble defending Dwight of course, and as well as leaving those open perimeter players on double teams on Dwight. Then again Orlando doesnt have an answer for Kobe....

Should be a fun series to see, congrats to Magic fans on getting back to the finals.
    Last edited by Lakers13; 05-31-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Vote in NBA Finals prediction poll, lower right side of insidehoops.com front page:

http://www.insidehoops.com/index.shtml#poll

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce

I am saying defensively.. Pau is soft and Howard will muscle him right uder rim and either get those baby hooks or dunks and also draw Fouls. Howard is a matchup nightmare that the Lakers don't have any answers for.