Default Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

The Knicks recently attempted to make a trade for Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love, offering forward Amar'e Stoudemire and his enormous expiring contract, second-year guard Tim Hardaway, Jr. and swingman Iman Shumpert, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

But the long-shot offer, made in the past week, was declined and never stood much of a chance, particularly because the Timberwolves could potentially strike a richer deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers involving No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins

-- WSJ

Default Re: Knicks tried to get Kevin Love

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    The Knicks recently attempted to make a trade for Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love, offering forward Amar'e Stoudemire and his enormous expiring contract, second-year guard Tim Hardaway, Jr. and swingman Iman Shumpert, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

But the long-shot offer, made in the past week, was declined and never stood much of a chance, particularly because the Timberwolves could potentially strike a richer deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers involving No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins

-- WSJ
    Nice try, but I would not have approved if trade went down. I'm not a Kevin Love fan; I just don't get a "good feeling" for his game.

...at least they didn't offer picks. PJ prob. playing games here.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by smoovegittar
    Nice try, but I would not have approved if trade went down. I'm not a Kevin Love fan; I just don't get a "good feeling" for his game.

...at least they didn't offer picks. PJ prob. playing games here.
    There was no chance in the world the Knicks could get Love unless Love said "I WANT NY OR LOSE ME".

No chance? How are you so sure that unloading long term contracts isn't a part of their plan in a Love trade? Knicks are the only team going after love that can also take all their bad deals back.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    No chance? How are you so sure that unloading long term contracts isn't a part of their plan in a Love trade? Knicks are the only team going after love that can also take all their bad deals back.
    Yeah right go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Yeah right go with that.
    Why would a team taking Martin and barea keep coming up as a hold up if they weren't making taking those deals a part of a trade?

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Why would a team taking Martin and barea keep coming up as a hold up if they weren't making taking those deals a part of a trade?
    Minny could be just waiting to see which team would give up the most and take back the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Minny could be just waiting to see which team would give up the most and take back the most.
    That's why I think you are wrong saying no chance. Knicks can take the most back- that's a for sure right?

If love isn't signing an extension does that make Cleveland think twice about dealing wiggins?

I'm not saying likely to happen but I do believe the Knicks are way more in the middle of discussions than what many think.

Offer was ridiculous. Minny also said it didn't happen, but as always, why let facts stop spirited bashing.

If the offer was made though, so what? It's ok to try for hail marys sometimes. Maybe they counter with something they want for a different player, not love, but something yuo like. Talking doesn't hurt.

Nets offered Humphires and picks one year for literally every player in the league and i failed to note them being called morons.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Offer was ridiculous. Minny also said it didn't happen, but as always, why let facts stop spirited bashing.

If the offer was made though, so what? It's ok to try for hail marys sometimes. Maybe they counter with something they want for a different player, not love, but something yuo like. Talking doesn't hurt.

Nets offered Humphires and picks one year for literally every player in the league and i failed to note them being called morons.
    This!

nothing beats a failure but a try