Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast
    Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

I got banned within 30 minutes from the democratingunderground forum for not blindly worshiping Alexandria Goddard and daring to ask for proof of her claims.

Dat democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status

Chester, SC. Keep it classy South Carolina!

Banned

I hope they get that coach.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I said I wasn't impartial in a post just before the one you quoted. However, go back and read the thread from the start. I've been right on pretty much everything else. Truth is, I know A LOT more about this case than anyone here... And I actually know the people involved.

I'm pretty amazed that people are going to take these text messages to heart, coming just after the same kid said he was trying to keep the girl safe that night, along with dozens of other lies.

Further, if he did tell the coach anything about anything, what do you think he told him? Hey, I raped this girl? He is still denying he raped anyone, so in August right after the incident, do you really think he got into specifics with the coaching staff?

It just doesn't make any sense to assume these latest allegations have any teeth when 99-percent of what was initially reported about this case has proven to be untrue and there is absolutely no evidence that has been presented that any coach had any prior knowledge or attempted to impact the case in any way.
    Well, with the whole Penn State thing it's going to be hard for many to give the coach a fair shake. I'll just wait for the facts to come out, but we live in a society where people love jumping to conclusions with their misguided moral outrage.

Truth is, I know A LOT more about this case than anyone here... And I actually know the people involved.
    Exactly why most of what you say should be taken with a huge grain of salt, and points to the very problem with this case because people like you are running their mouths on what they thought they knew about these people. You need to forget what you think you knew and start looking at the evidence, because the DA certainly will be.

There are multiple texts from multiple kids that suggest the coach knew what went down and didn't report it. Why would his own players even make something up like that? He'll rightfully go down for it if they're even half true.
    Last edited by DeuceWallaces; 03-21-2013 at 11:47 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Exactly why most of what you say should be taken with a huge grain of salt, and points to the very problem with this case because people like you are running their mouths on what they thought they knew about these people. You need to forget what you think you knew and start looking at the evidence, because the DA certainly will be.

There are multiple texts from multiple kids that suggest the coach knew what went down and didn't report it. Why would his own players even make something up like that? He'll rightfully go down for it if they're even half true.
    It is a misnomer that being in-the-know but partial somehow invalidates what someone has to say, while a person who just stumbled onto this story but may be impartial should be taken more seriously.

There aren't "multiple texts from multiple kids" showing the coach knew what happened and didn't report it. There are a couple texts from the same kid, who was just found by the court to be a liar and a rapist. The text before the one where Mays says he has Reno so he isn't worried, he was texting the girl's father telling him that he was actually trying to keep his daughter safe that night.

And, he was arguing with another Big Red student the text before that (Shawn McGee), saying he didn't rape anybody and he never touched the girl.

You are attempting to make the argument that all of this kid's other texts regarding this case were lies, but those about the coach have to be true. Why? Because people want it to be true. They want everything they've read about this case to be validated, even though the original story has been almost universally shown to have been completely made-up.

I will go through the initial points one-by-one, if you'd like. Now, people are clinging onto this last little vestige while trying to reinforce their preconceived notions about this city and the people "pulling the strings." The prosecutor has been vindicated. The county sheriff has been vindicated. The city police have been vindicated. Jim Parks, the admin for the rollredroll.com site has been vindicated. Tons of kids who were said to have been involved in some made-up gang rape have been vindicated.

Now, all that's left is the coach and there are a lot of people holding on tight.

I've known right from the start all of this is nonsense and this is just the latest example, which will result in absolutely nothing (and rightfully so). But, the rumors and innuendo will never be able to be taken away. Someone said it, so it must be true.

This kid denied to every person he talked with in the days following the parties that he raped anyone. Yet, we are to believe he went to the coach in the three days which transpired after the rape and before the girl's parents went to the police and the investigation begin... He used that lag time to explain to him exactly what happened that night and that he raped a girl... And he needed help covering it up. It isn't even remotely logical.

Fact is, because I know people close to this thing, the kids were called into the school office and were talked to by both the principal and the coach. They denied even being at the parties, let alone being drunk... Let alone committing a rape... Let alone asking for it to be covered up.

Reno has told a lot better players than Trent Mays to get out of his lockerroom and never come back for wearing earrings and cornrows, let alone something like this.

Think of me what you will, but I told people when this thing broke that a lot of garbage was being spewed and that was proven in court. I'm saying it again... watch what happens.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-22-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Banned

Reno has told a lot better players than Trent Mays to get out of his lockerroom and never come back for wearing earrings and cornrows, let alone something like this.
    If the coach went as far as kicking players off his team just to keep a certain image than he is more likely to cover up something as rape. That would destroy a program and his career.

Do you really think Reno is rational because he's kicking kids off a team with cornrows and earrings? Really?

These morons are a bunch of immature, uncivilized, ugly looking d1ckheads. I wish Karma will bite them inside the prison cell.

Banned

Time to lock up this sick coach. He is worse than Paterno. I hope they lock him up and throw away the keys. There is evidence and now the facts have came out with these kids convicted of rape, there will be evidence of Reno's guilt too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...make-away.html

Banned

The guy with the Big Red Football site is kind of shady. I remember researching last year and the convicted rapist were on the site. He slowly took it off.

Interesting, because this will tell whether the kids continued to play or not after being accused.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Time to lock up this sick coach. He is worse than Paterno. I hope they lock him up and throw away the keys. There is evidence and now the facts have came out with these kids convicted of rape, there will be evidence of Reno's guilt too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...make-away.html

I'll contact anonymous Philippines. We are going to make him famous.

Banned

ISH has great detectives/researchers and I am no different. Here's something I didn't know about the town that I found on wiki.

Steubenville has had a reputation for political corruption. The U.S. Department of Justice alleged that the city and police force had subjected numerous individuals to "excessive force, false arrests, charges, and reports" and had engaged in practices regarding "improper stops, searches, and seizures." The report from the Department also stated that excessive force was levied against individuals who witnessed incidents of police misconduct, and against those who were known critics of the city and its police force. Those individuals were also falsely detained if the city and the police agreed that they were "likely to complain of abuse." It also stated that the officers involved also falsified reports and tampered with official police recorders so that "misconduct would not be recorded."

Over a period of 20 years the city lost, or settled out of court, 48 civil rights lawsuits involving its police force. The city paid out more than $800,000, $400,000 of which was between 1990 and 1996. As a result, the city's police force became the second city in the United States to sign a consent decree with the federal government due to an excessive number of civil rights lawsuits. The decree was signed on September 4, 1997 under the "pattern or practice" provision. Under this agreement, the city agreed to improve the training of its police officers, implement new guidelines and procedures, establish an internal affairs unit, and establish an "early warning system.

Banned

It is a misnomer that being in-the-know but partial somehow invalidates what someone has to say, while a person who just stumbled onto this story but may be impartial should be taken more seriously.

There aren't "multiple texts from multiple kids" showing the coach knew what happened and didn't report it. There are a couple texts from the same kid, who was just found by the court to be a liar and a rapist. The text before the one where Mays says he has Reno so he isn't worried, he was texting the girl's father telling him that he was actually trying to keep his daughter safe that night.

And, he was arguing with another Big Red student the text before that (Shawn McGee), saying he didn't rape anybody and he never touched the girl.

You are attempting to make the argument that all of this kid's other texts regarding this case were lies, but those about the coach have to be true. Why? Because people want it to be true. They want everything they've read about this case to be validated, even though the original story has been almost universally shown to have been completely made-up.

I will go through the initial points one-by-one, if you'd like. Now, people are clinging onto this last little vestige while trying to reinforce their preconceived notions about this city and the people "pulling the strings." The prosecutor has been vindicated. The county sheriff has been vindicated. The city police have been vindicated. Jim Parks, the admin for the rollredroll.com site has been vindicated. Tons of kids who were said to have been involved in some made-up gang rape have been vindicated.

Now, all that's left is the coach and there are a lot of people holding on tight.

I've known right from the start all of this is nonsense and this is just the latest example, which will result in absolutely nothing (and rightfully so). But, the rumors and innuendo will never be able to be taken away. Someone said it, so it must be true.

This kid denied to every person he talked with in the days following the parties that he raped anyone. Yet, we are to believe he went to the coach in the three days which transpired after the rape and before the girl's parents went to the police and the investigation begin... He used that lag time to explain to him exactly what happened that night and that he raped a girl... And he needed help covering it up. It isn't even remotely logical.

Fact is, because I know people close to this thing, the kids were called into the school office and were talked to by both the principal and the coach. They denied even being at the parties, let alone being drunk... Let alone committing a rape... Let alone asking for it to be covered up.

Think of me what you will, but I told people when this thing broke that a lot of garbage was being spewed and that was proven in court. I'm saying it again... watch what happens.
    As much of an opinion you have on the case and your affiliation with the town, I don't think you should comment on this situation.

You could be like all of the people there who were raised or ending up assimilating the Steubenville culture. You have adopted their culture.

We have chatted on this thread dating back to when it was made and you have yet to show any remorse or care for the victim. This is after the kids were convicted of rape.

I have yet to see any sorrow from you or sadness of what has happened. You have went on to defend the coach and the town but have yet to feel pain and sympathy for the victim and her family.

The town needs a real life Dirty Harry.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    The town needs a real life Dirty Harry.
    Either that or let's pray their economy gets so bad to the point that the population starts leaving.