Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies StateProperty's Avatar

Default Re: Warriors and 76ers discussing Monta Ellis for Andre Iguodala trade

why do people still call Evan Turner... "Evans"?

I'd do the deal in a heartbeat. For whoever mentioned Thad Young going to the 3 instead of Turner, that isn't happenin. Thad's a RFA and my guess is he doesn't return. Thad is a hustle play/fast break/offensive mismatch that is a tweener, doesn't rebound, can't defend either forward, can't dribble or pass, can't shoot from deep, and can't go right. This stuff is hidden off the bench.

I can't say we'd be instantly better. Matter of fact we may be worse in the win total next season, but it sets us up well for down the line. The dealing likely wouldn't stop here since you factor in the need for a big and because Lou Williams is too similar in size and style to Monta.

He'd have to get that stupid baby tattoo lasered off before I'll accept the deal though.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Iggy has a bad Achilles and tendinitis in his right knee. It's something that will always be a lingering issue... and the Warriors play their starters more minutes than any team in the NBA, and at a fast pace. We try and play Iggy the same minutes that Monta is getting, and he's going to miss games (15 last year). Stack that with Curry's fragile ankles, and no depth, and you have a recipe for disaster.
    he said he had the tendinitis since highschool and this year is the only year he had injury problems.

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Shane Battier, Grant Hill, Kelenna Azubuike are free agents to look at.

Get rid of Nocioni who has 2yrs left but the last year is a team option which pretty much can make you look at him as an expirer. Add 1 of these 3 to be a defensive guy.
    i would love to get battier he seems like a guy philly would love blue collar type.

Sixers tried to aquire Battier last deadline (unless that was strictly rumors). But he fits here.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    he said he had the tendinitis since highschool and this year is the only year he had injury problems.
    Yup.

And to add, he played ball last summer so he really didnt have much of a break. Non stop hooping, caught up with him. Prior to this season missing 15gms, he only missed 6.

Quote Originally Posted by StateProperty
    why do people still call Evan Turner... "Evans"?

I'd do the deal in a heartbeat. For whoever mentioned Thad Young going to the 3 instead of Turner, that isn't happenin. Thad's a RFA and my guess is he doesn't return. Thad is a hustle play/fast break/offensive mismatch that is a tweener, doesn't rebound, can't defend either forward, can't dribble or pass, can't shoot from deep, and can't go right. This stuff is hidden off the bench.

I can't say we'd be instantly better. Matter of fact we may be worse in the win total next season, but it sets us up well for down the line. The dealing likely wouldn't stop here since you factor in the need for a big and because Lou Williams is too similar in size and style to Monta.

He'd have to get that stupid baby tattoo lasered off before I'll accept the deal though.
    Why dont you STFU man? Trying to hurt his value!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Iggy has a bad Achilles and tendinitis in his right knee. It's something that will always be a lingering issue... and the Warriors play their starters more minutes than any team in the NBA, and at a fast pace. We try and play Iggy the same minutes that Monta is getting, and he's going to miss games (15 last year). Stack that with Curry's fragile ankles, and no depth, and you have a recipe for disaster.
    If this is legit - why would they consider Iggy

I think Jackson is thinking more defense with transition ball instead of the Warriors offense they had the last couple of seasons.

I think it would help both teams, but the 6'ers need more bigs.
    (I've always liked Ellis and I think he would be good for the 6'rs)

The Warriors can get a better deal then Iggy alone.Orlando,Lakers,Memphis and Hawks have been in the discussion and i think those teams have better deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    The Warriors can get a better deal then Iggy alone.Orlando,Lakers,Memphis and Hawks have been in the discussion and i think those teams have better deals.
    What deals are being offered or you're just assuming the pieces they have will be the ones up for sale?

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

GOBB, any word in Philly as to what they THINK they can get for Iggy?
    Also, what are they looking for? big? picks? expirers?

What deals are being offered or you're just assuming the pieces they have will be the ones up for sale?
    Assuming.

For right now Iggy is the only thing philly is offering.I think we should get more and can get more then just iggy.Going just based on rumors Orlando is offering some young players and some picks.If the Lakers are truly interested then Bynum has to be on the table and that would make the most sense for the warriors.
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...nta-ellis.html

Doesnt say anything about picks but we wouldnt want Jameer so picks would be the next option

League sources said the Warriors also have discussed Ellis, among a variety of other players, in trade talks with Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis, Orlando and the Lakers.
    glad we have alot of options

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Do not expect Bynum to be on the table.
    I suspect the Lakers would sooner part with Gasol than Bynum....age difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    GOBB, any word in Philly as to what they THINK they can get for Iggy?
    Also, what are they looking for? big? picks? expirers?
    They said they arent going to trade Iggy just to rid themselves of his contract. Which means him being moved for expirers isnt gonna happen. If they trade Iggy its to make the team better not take a step backwards. Even tho some fans feel Sixers should take 2 steps back to get better in the future. Sixers really value Iggy and think he can get them something to make the team better.

As far as for who? Not much word on that. A go to scorer and a big have been cited as needs. And Thorn hinted to a predraft trade possbility. So something could get done either with Iggy or something else.

David Lee for Andre Iguodala is a good deal for the Sixers:

1. Brand has a history of injuries, and if he breaks down then there is no one who can score inside. Lee provides that.
    2. It opens up minutes for the young wings, instead of taking back Ellis who will demand the ball outside.
    3. If Brand and Lee are both healthy, then that would be the best duo at the bigs the Sixers have had in a while. Two guys who can score 20 points per night, freeing up Holiday, Williams, Young, Turner, et al on the wings.
    4. Next year, Brand becomes an expirer, and with Lee there, that allows the Sixers to pursue trades with that contract rather than possibly having him sit out the season via an injury or breaking down badly (like what happened with McDyess and Shaq this year).

David Lee is the better trade option for the Sixers.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    David Lee for Andre Iguodala is a good deal for the Sixers:

1. Brand has a history of injuries, and if he breaks down then there is no one who can score inside. Lee provides that.
    2. It opens up minutes for the young wings, instead of taking back Ellis who will demand the ball outside.
    3. If Brand and Lee are both healthy, then that would be the best duo at the bigs the Sixers have had in a while. Two guys who can score 20 points per night, freeing up Holiday, Williams, Young, Turner, et al on the wings.
    4. Next year, Brand becomes an expirer, and with Lee there, that allows the Sixers to pursue trades with that contract rather than possibly having him sit out the season via an injury or breaking down badly (like what happened with McDyess and Shaq this year).

David Lee is the better trade option for the Sixers.
    David Lee is weak. No thanks. Contract sucks ass as well. Brand did a better job as a Sixer than David Lee as a Warrior last season.

David Lee is weak. No thanks. Contract sucks ass as well. Brand did a better job as a Sixer than David Lee as a Warrior last season.
    Well, you could always keep your salary cap space and then sign Dwight Howard next summer.