Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    it doesn't take a rocket scientist to notice that only athletic swingmen can succeed in NBA...not sure what is there to explain about really
    Boy are you guys delusional.

Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, etc.. are athletic wingmen?

Why did you skip over my Anthony Parker post? I would like to see your response.

Default Re: Nicolas "Euroleague Pippen" Batum = 6.33 Turnovers Per Game In Euroleague

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    No, they're simply not good enough to average those numbers against better competition.
    Take this example, Jasikevicius, who sucked at the NBA game, scored 25 in a 40 minute game agains team USA under FIBA rules.
    I guess team USA didn't have NBA players or something.

Boy are you guys delusional.

Dirk Nowitzki, Steve Nash, Pau Gasol, etc.. are athletic wingmen?

Why did you skip over my Anthony Parker post? I would like to see your response.
    did you just call Gasol and Nowitzki swingmen? Oh boy...
    And Nash is a very fast and crafty guard, who never in his life played any other ball than NBA one. And yeah, he is very skilled too while we're at it

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Take this example, Jasikevicius, who sucked at the NBA game, scored 25 in a 40 minute game agains team USA under FIBA rules.
    I guess team USA didn't have NBA players or something.
    One game is your sample size, think about that.

Madax, Seems like ethnofugal tendencies affect reading comprehension. I was asking you a question. Those guys are not the most athletic and are not wingmen. Which debunks your whole theory of only athletic swingmen succeeding in the NBA.

Some of these players have never had many minutes to prove their worth either.

Madax, Seems like ethnofugal tendencies affect reading comprehension. I was asking you a question. Those guys are not the most athletic and are not wingmen. Which debunks your whole theory of only athletic swingmen succeeding in the NBA.
    are you dumb or just acting like one?
    Take a look at the current NBA and how many unathletic, slow 6'3 - 6'6 guys you can find in it...I'm guessing not many if you find any at all

Some of these players have never had many minutes to prove their worth either.
    I see where you're coming from, man. But there is a reason why they never got the opportunity.

It could be because of their horrid work ethic or them just not showcasing their whole arsenal in training camp/practice.

I see where you're coming from, man. But there is a reason why they never got the opportunity.

It could be because of their horrid work ethic or them just not showcasing their whole arsenal in training camp/practice.
    Also, all of these players are used to lead their teams. Some players lose their focus if they're no the stars.
    I don't think it's ok to just generalize.

are you dumb or just acting like one?
    Take a look at the current NBA and how many unathletic, slow 6'3 - 6'6 guys you can find in it...I'm guessing not many if you find any at all
    Oh the irony.

So now you're just basing it off athleticism, lol. Guess what, Sherlock? Being athletically gifted is huge part of playing basketball.

Steve Blake was great in his Denver days. Curry is a great player. J.J. Reddick, Beno Udrih.... have all been more successful in the NBA than Euroleague stars such as Spanoulis.

madmax, is English your second or third language?

You need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills. It's impossible to have any discussion with you.

Also, all of these players are used to lead their teams. Some players lose their focus if they're no the stars.
    I don't think it's ok to just generalize.
    That's the exact knock people have had on A.I. his last 3 years in the league.

Your argument really doesn't hold ground, because they knew coming in that they weren't going to be the go-to players on offense. Their adjustment to an important contributer or just a role player wasn't even successful.

Oh the irony.

So now you're just basing it off athleticism, lol. Guess what, Sherlock? Being athletically gifted is huge part of playing basketball.

Steve Blake was great in his Denver days. Curry is a great player. J.J. Reddick, Beno Udrih.... have all been more successful in the NBA than Euroleague stars such as Spanoulis.
    once again, all of the guys you mentioned are very respectable athletes and very skilled too...Rakocevic was neither, nor did he achieve anything in Euroleague worth mentioning (apart from leading it in scoring one season). And like many posters already said, some players simply have a hard time adjusting in different culture

once again, all of the guys you mentioned are very respectable athletes and very skilled too...Rakocevic was neither, nor did he achieve anything in Euroleague worth mentioning (apart from leading it in scoring one season). And like many posters already said, some players simply have a hard time adjusting in different culture
    So now you're going back to what i said about NBA players being more skilled, nice.

Curry is the only average athlete from the players i listed, rest of them are not even close to being average.

Local High School Star

Nicolas Batum putting on a show!

That's the exact knock people have had on A.I. his last 3 years in the league.

Your argument really doesn't hold ground, because they knew coming in that they weren't going to be the go-to players on offense. Their adjustment to an important contributer or just a role player wasn't even successful.
    There's a difference between being a 2nd or 3rd option and being used as a spot up shooter only. Happened with Navarro, for example.