Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Re: Splinter Cell: Blacklist

I just started playing this last night. So far so good.

Just finished the main storyline last night on realistic. Every mission was great and very well thought out. I was not a great fan of carrying guys to protection in 2 missions (can't crouch or anything) but I guess they wanted to challenge you. I'm really happy with the direction they took with this storyline too, I've always had a lower opinion of the games where they made Sam Fisher's life a major plot point of the story (Double Agent, Conviction). I think it works better with Sam as a cog in wheel, which is much more realistic. Unless I'm mistaken, in the first three games, the main villains etc have no idea who the hell Fisher is throughout the game. Majid knows who Sam is in this game but it works with the story.

Has anyone done the side missions at all? I started the Grimm side mission on the English channel which looks really good but got caught after finishing 2/3 objectives. I'm thinking I'll play that and sell the game, but I really don't want to sell it...
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 10-31-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

So far I'm having a blast playing Blacklist. The only other game I played in the series is Conviction. I had a lot of fun with Conviction, but Blacklist is better. You have less of a chance of surviving firefights in BL and you have to rely on stealth and gadgets more. I'm currently in the Mexico runway shootout section of the game.

Do you guys recommend going back and playing some of the older games in the series? I'm more of a Metal Gear type, but these Splinter Cell games have really grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Do you guys recommend going back and playing some of the older games in the series? I'm more of a Metal Gear type, but these Splinter Cell games have really grown on me.
    The first three games of the series were all kinds of awesome, and Blacklist is a return to the older style of SC games with some newer elements mixed in, but the only one of the older games that probably wouldn't feel dated is Chaos Theory, which is still my favorite of the series. They came out with a remastered HD version for PS3 a couple of years ago for the original trilogy. It should be a pretty cheap pickup these days. If you have the time, play all three IMO.

The only one you'd be missing at that point is Double Agent, which is challenging but has a lot of annoying missions.