Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: #5 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Do you have the total number of games of Kareem was HOF Centers ?

I know he faced Wilt, Thurmond, Reed, Cowens, Walton, Moses, Parish, Hakeem, etc... just wanted to know, I don't have them of the top of my head.

No doubt, I even defended Wilt in this thread about his supposed lack of "killer instinct" from Bill Russell. Kareem also changed his role.

That is an interesting point, I did not know that.

Not arguing that.

Well, you can’t even argue young Kareem because he isn’t in his physical prime defensively, but yes that is very impressive on Wilt’s part.

I never implied that Kareem didn’t choke... every all-time great has, here and there. I just argued their playoff scoring.
    A lot of people quote that interview of Wilt and Russell with the interviewer asking wilt about killer instinct...Unless IM missing something...I think people are putting that little bit of the interview out of context...to quote what he said

"did not have a killer instinct. I dont mean that competively. But I mean you could of hurt guys"

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    Wilt or Kobe to be honest.. But since KB is underrated on this board, Ill give my vote to him here even though I think he's more of a 6 or maybe 7 slot.

Basketball isn't just about scoring buckets, and as much as I like Shaq and appreciate his peak dominance, Duncan and Kobe compensate that with defensive prowess (as well as the longevity in Kobe's case).

wilt - 2 rings, 1x finals mvp, 4 mvps, 13x all star, 10x all nba, 2x all d, scoring.
    kobe - 5 rings, 2 finals mvps, 1 mvp, 14x all star, 14x all nba, 12x all d, 2x scoring champ
    duncan - 4 rings, 3 finals mvps, 2 mvps, 13x all star, 13x all nba, 13x all d
    shaq - 4 rings, 3 finals mvps, 1 mvp, 15x all star, 14x all nba, 3x all d, 2x scoring champ
    bird - 3 rings, 2 finals mvps, 3 mvps, 12x all star, 10x all nba, 3x all d
    Kobe has played 16 seasons, to Wilt's 14.

Chamberlain's position only allowed ONE first team All-NBA.

There were no all-defensive teams in Wilt's era until his last four seasons, and he was injured in one, and came in first in his LAST TWO.

Chamberlain is probably the second greatest defensive player in NBA history.

Wilt would have won TWO FMVP's had the award existed in '67.

Chamberlain already holds a 4-1 edge in MVP,s and was robbed in '62, and should have won '64 (and if Russell beat him in '62, then Wilt should have won it in '72.)

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    So I'm going to make an educated guess and say your voting for chamberlain?

I haven't voted in any of these. They are strictly popularity contests, and the vast majority here did not see Magic or Bird play, much less Russell and Wilt. And very few here have actually taken the time to RESEARCH these players, either.

I don't have a problem with Jordan being #1, but IMHO, he was not a runaway #1, (as the voting suggests.)

As for Wilt...I have him in a tie with MJ, Russell, and Magic. With Kareem slightly behind all four.

Shaq and Duncan next.

Then Bird, Kobe, Hakeem, and Moses (and Lebron will probably pass all of them in a couple of seasons.)

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    I haven't voted in any of these. They are strictly popularity contests, and the vast majority here did not see Magic or Bird play, much less Russell and Wilt. And very few here have actually taken the time to RESEARCH these players, either.

I don't have a problem with Jordan being #1, but IMHO, he was not a runaway #1, (as the voting suggests.)

As for Wilt...I have him in a tie with MJ, Russell, and Magic. With Kareem slightly behind all four.

Shaq and Duncan next.

Then Bird, Kobe, Hakeem, and Moses (and Lebron will probably pass all of them in a couple of seasons.)
    Interesting opinion! I dont see many people rating Shaq and Duncan over bird..And its somewhat funny how we both are fine with MJ being number 1, and like you I think you can argue Wilt being number 1 himself once you put everything into context and look at it objectively

As much as I love wilt its just hard sometimes being from Chicago

I normally rate Bird higher but I really respect your opinion so thanks for opening my eyes to his flaws...even though hes amazing! Respect the HELL out of him doing what he did with fundamentals and his mind

What do you think Jordan or LeBron would average in the 60s? Considering defensive, offensive and dribbling rules at the time? And with Lebron specifically Rebounds compared to Elgin

Am I going through these too quickly? Let the threads be up for longer before going on to the next one? What do you guys think

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Am I going through these too quickly? Let the threads be up for longer before going on to the next one? What do you guys think
    that sounds like a good idea...Give people who might not have logged on in time a chance...Let it go until sometime tmw perhaps with the occasional bump

Larry Bird

Banned

Wilt.

Should be:
    1. MJ
    2. Russ
    3. Wilt
    4. Kareem
    5. Bird
    6. Magic

Winning>Stats

Yeah I'm from England and because of the time difference I'm in bed while some of these are up . I completely missed the vote for #4 (I would have gone Magic) and I don't want to miss one.

i don't like bananas

Bird, Larry

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Wilt!

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Bird or Shaq
    Shaq's got the peak, the rings, the FMVPs, the longevity.
    Bird has the MVPs, won rings in a tougher competition, the skills, intangibles, and leadership.

Bird
    I share this man's opinion.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

wilt

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

wilt

I usually hit open layups

Larry Bird.