Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: 1997 Chicago Bulls ( Big Three) vs. 1997 Houston Rockets ( Big Three)

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    loki underrates any player on the bulls not named jordan. because for some strange reason he thinks it will hurt jordans legacy.
    I dont underrate anyone. Calling Pippen the "KEY" (in caps, no less) to the Bulls winning is a joke. Pippen was a great player, but people make like he was some demigod. Go look at how he performed in the '96-'98 playoffs. Go watch how his jumper disappeared in the 4th quarter throughout the years.

Default Re: 1997 Chicago Bulls ( Big Three) vs. 1997 Houston Rockets ( Big Three)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I dont underrate anyone. Calling Pippen the "KEY" (in caps, no less) to the Bulls winning is a joke. Pippen was a great player, but people make like he was some demigod. Go look at how he performed in the '96-'98 playoffs. Go watch how his jumper disappeared in the 4th quarter throughout the years.
    scottie pippens job was to disrupt the other teams offense and in my opinion he was just as good doing that as jordan was scorer. now i do believe jordan could do the same but his energy would have been spent and probably wouldnt have won as much as he did. and pip hit big shots. the game winning dunk against washington in 97 the 4th quarter comeback in 92. to name a few. pip was a team player, if he complained and went to another team i see no reason why he coulnt have had a few seasons averaging 25-26 ppg. but he accepted his role a sacrificed in the name of winning.

National High School Star

scottie pippens job was to disrupt the other teams offense and in my opinion he was just as good doing that as jordan was scorer. now i do believe jordan could do the same but his energy would have been spent and probably wouldnt have won as much as he did. and pip hit big shots. the game winning dunk against washington in 97 the 4th quarter comeback in 92. to name a few. pip was a team player, if he complained and went to another team i see no reason why he coulnt have had a few seasons averaging 25-26 ppg. but he accepted his role a sacrificed in the name of winning.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pippen
    agree
    Scottie Pippen = Greatest Sidekick in the history of the NBA.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Scottie Pippen = Greatest Sidekick in the history of the NBA.

1996-97... the last of Hakeem's great years.

3-time NBA All-Star

scottie pippens job was to disrupt the other teams offense and in my opinion he was just as good doing that as jordan was scorer.
    I would disagree. One of Pippen's all-time great defensive jobs was on Magic in the 91 Finals. Magic still had a double-double every game. I think the equivalent to Jordan scoring 30+ points would probably be Pippen making Magic almost a non-factor. And even if Pippen's defense = Jordan's scoring, Jordan was much better at defense then Pippen was at scoring.

And either way, you always take a great scorer over a great defender, at least when your building a team. Nobody in their right mind would take Bruce Bowen over Carmelo Anthony.

now i do believe jordan could do the same but his energy would have been spent and probably wouldnt have won as much as he did.
    Jordan rarely, if ever, conserved his energy on defense. Its a common misconception.

and pip hit big shots. the game winning dunk against washington in 97 the 4th quarter comeback in 92. to name a few. pip was a team player, if he complained and went to another team i see no reason why he coulnt have had a few seasons averaging 25-26 ppg. but he accepted his role a sacrificed in the name of winning.
    Sure Pippen hit big shots, but he also disappeared alot in big games.

And maybe once or twice he could've averaged that much, but it wouldn't surprise me if he never did. He was never that great of a scorer, and when he did have his chances like 94,95,99, he never scored that much.

I love Pippen but sorry, he is one of the most overrated players ever. When everyone says that Jordan would have no titles if it wasn't for Pippen, he's really overrated. Then you also have people on here saying Pippen is as great as Larry Bird or Kobe Bryant.

National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Yeah, Pippen was the "KEY" to the Bulls winning in 1991. Not the guy who posted 32/6/6/3/1/54% FG in 37 mpg during the regular season and 31.1/6.4/8.4/2.4 stl/1.4 blk/52.4% during the playoffs.

You're a joke, Sir Charles.
    You think so?

Who Guarded Magic Most Effecitve?
    WHo Guarded Drexler Most Drexler?
    Who Guarded The Bigger Guards and the SF Scoring Threats?

Who Played Most Minutes for the Bulls in the 1991 Play-Offs?

1991 Play-Offs

Jordan: 40.5 MPG, 31.1 PPG (52.4% FG on 22.11 FGA!), 6.4 RPG, 8.4 AGP, 2.35 SPG

Pippen: 41.4 MPG, 21.6 PPG (50.4% FG on only [COLOR="Red"]16.59 FGA = 5-6 FGA Lesser than Jordan took[/COLOR]), 8.9 RPG, 5.8 ASPG , 2.47 SPG

Last edited by Sir Charles; 08-07-2008 at 06:19 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    You think so?

Who Guarded Most Effecitve Magic?
    WHo Guarded Most Times Drexler?
    Who Guarded The Bigger Guards?

Who Played Most Minutes for the Bulls in the 1991 Play-Offs?

1991 Play-Offs

Jordan: 40.5 MPG, 31.1 PPG (52.4% FG on 22.11 FGA!), 6.4 RPG, 8.4 AGP, 2.35 SPG

Pippen: 41.4 MPG, 21.6 PPG (50.4% FG on only [COLOR="Red"]16.59 FGA = 6 FGA Lesser[/COLOR]), 8.9 RPG, 5.8 ASPG , 2.47 SPG and

I'm pretty sure Jordan guarded Drexler most of the time. And are you seriously making that big of a deal out of Pippen playing less then 1 minute more then Jordan?

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I wanted to see Hakeem vs. Jordan so bad. I think it would have been a better series in '96 with the Rockets going for their third straight championship against the 72-10 Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'm pretty sure Jordan guarded Drexler most of the time. And are you seriously making that big of a deal out of Pippen playing less then 1 minute more then Jordan?
    Evidence definetly pisses Jordan cocck**********ers at a ver y high rate.

Jordan words:

"If i go Back to Basketball It will Only be If Pippen Plays with me"...

(ofcourse if you have the most Complete SF, the Best Passing and Creative SF, the Best Defensive SF of the 1990s with you for all of your life so he *Pippen takes the Load on the Rest and you can go score and take as many FGA as you like...its quite obvious)

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    I wanted to see Hakeem vs. Jordan so bad. I think it would have been a better series in '96 with the Rockets going for their third straight championship against the 72-10 Bulls.
    Yes, that would've been a great storyline. But in 97 they added Barkley so it would've been even better. If Malone vs. Rodman was as entertaining as it was, imagine Barkley vs. Rodman.

Yes, that would've been a great storyline. But in 97 they added Barkley so it would've been even better. If Malone vs. Rodman was as entertaining as it was, imagine Barkley vs. Rodman.
    Barkley was done offensively by 1996. He could hardly run or leap and his back was dead (not to mention his knees) still Rodman was no contest for Barkley, even in that condition. Proof:

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Bulls vs Rockets. Jordan 45pts Barkley 35 (Thrash talk game)
    [/COLOR]

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jGX_HXlTV-Q

They were both 35 years old (Michael and Charles) but their competitive fire was still young. Besides the great performances, there was lots of thrash talking, fun and mutual respect for one another. The only thing missing were the cracked asphalt and chain nets

The [COLOR="Red"]Rockets played without injured stars Hakeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler and then lost guard Mario Elie with 6:54 left in the first half when he strained his left shoulder [/COLOR]after colliding under the basket with Scottie Pippen.

But every time it looked like the Bulls would run away, Houston fought back with determined play from Barkley, who made 11-of-14 field goal attempts.

[COLOR="Blue"]Barkley's intensity and aggressiveness made Dennis Rodman (no points, five rebounds in 35 minutes) ineffective, turning the NBA's leading rebounder into a pussycat with leopard-spotted hair[/COLOR].

"[COLOR="blue"]Charles doesn't take any of the mess that Dennis may try to do to other players to get into their minds," Jordan said[/COLOR].

Score Boards/Stats

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...801180CHI.html
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 08-07-2008 at 06:41 PM.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Evidence definetly pisses Jordan cocck**********ers at a ver y high rate.

Jordan words:

"If i go Back to Basketball It will Only be If Pippen Plays with me"...

(ofcourse if you have the most Complete SF, the Best Passing and Creative SF, the Best Defensive SF of the 1990s with you for all of your life so he *Pippen takes the Load on the Rest and you can go score and take as many FGA as you like...its quite obvious)
    Thats evidence that Pippen guarded Drexler most of the time? What the hell are you talking about? Anyway, so what? He didn't want to come back unless he had a chance to win. Big deal. If you think thats the only way Jordan would've ever won a championship you're delusional. Of course Jordan wanted someone to help him out and take the load off of him. He had been through that in the 80s, and realized he can't win championships by himself.

Thats evidence that Pippen guarded Drexler most of the time? What the hell are you talking about? Anyway, so what? He didn't want to come back unless he had a chance to win. Big deal. If you think thats the only way Jordan would've ever won a championship you're delusional. Of course Jordan wanted someone to help him out and take the load off of him. He had been through that in the 80s, and realized he can't win championships by himself.
    Dude i love Jordan too but I am not brainwashed by the Media that constantly overrated in ways not ethical (its not like Jordan needs to be overrated) like most kids of today, thats all...