Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lakers trade Vladimir Radmanovic to Bobcats for Adam Morrison, Shannon Brown

Instead of random comments, everyone put your analysis:

For Lakers/Bobcats, is it:

Win/Win, Win/Lose, Lose/Win, or Lose/Lose??? And why?

Near-Life Experience TheGreatDeraj's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers trade Vladimir Radmanovic to Bobcats for Adam Morrison, Shannon Brown

Damn I loved Radman. Dude was money from three, and could hit the big shot. He was shooting like 45% from 3 until Phil Jackson decides to kick him off the starting lineup and only play him 5 minutes a game. He was a much better starter than Luke Walton. I am surprised at this.

Oh well, I like Adam Morrison, but Shannon Brown doesn't seem like a very good player. At least Shannon Brown Expires and Morrisons contract is smaller and one year less in length.

It's a lose lose to me...

Lakers lose depth at SF, but save money. Maybe this will help Lakers sign Ariza, Fisher, Farmar. Charlotte gains a better player, but who doesn't really play defense, and has a much bigger contract. Both teams seem better how they were.
    Last edited by TheGreatDeraj; 02-07-2009 at 04:40 PM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

LA obviously now the clear favorite to win the title.

Seriously though, why the hell does Charlotte make this deal? Radmanovic's contract is ugly. I understand they gave up on Morrison, but moving him for Vlad Rad?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Adam has more potential than people give him credit for. I watched him drop about 30 early in his career. He wont be a superstar but I wont be suprised if hes a 15-16ppg type on poor shooting. Make some clutch plays here and there. Biger less crazy Vernon Maxwell.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Kobe exploded after being traded by Charlotte and so will Morrison
    Yeah, I swear that Kobe didn't show any of his real skills in his time in Charlotte.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

welcome to LA Adam, if ball doesn't work out you can Stand In or Photo Double for BIlly Cruddup

I like the deal. Morrison is basically Vlad without the attitude and Brown is a tough, athletic guard

shhhhhhh

a couple projects for the lakers... i don't expect to see them get game time until next year... maybe morrison will pick up some minutes here and there.

don't know anything about brown

vlad wasn''t doing anything spectacular this season... kinda a blah trade, nothing earth shattering...

Go Spurs Go

Bad deal for the Lakers unless this is about Vlad's contract..

Vlad was bigmoney from three, decent rebounder, decent defender. Cant blame him for getting owned by Pierce last Finals but when he guards someone his own size he's decent.

Morrison and Brown havent done shlt in this league.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Too funny. Adam Morrison and Kobe Bryant finnaly together. I've been waiting for this day forever. Kobe exploded after being traded by Charlotte and so will Morrison
    lol goofball

The Lakers are quietly building a young team outside Kobe, Gasol and Fisher

Bynum
    Farmar
    Sasha
    Ariza

Maybe Sun Yue

Now Morrison. It seems the Lakers don't want to ever be a lottery team.

Vlad was bigmoney from three, decent rebounder, decent defender
    You've got to be kidding. Vlad's contract is toxic and he's not needed on this team with Luke and Trevor. Morrison is a project and Brown is bench fodder though he can help against athletic wing players from time to time..

Interesting move by the Lakers.

Local High School Star LakersLaLaLand's Avatar

The Lakers SHOULD have traded for Raja Bell. Thats would have been real news. Maybe Raja's recent injury squashed the Raja offer.

Lakers made this deal for 2 reasons. Maybe 3. Ok 4. Ok there are more than that.

1) Vlads contract was a huge ugly weight. Ariza and Odom are in contract years. Now the Lakers have real space to pay Ariza at least. Odom is currently making 15.5. Who knows what he wants next season.

JUST LOOKED THIS IS BAD THINKING. MORRISONS CONTRACT IS JUST A LARGE AND LONG AS VLADS. Lakers maybe save 2 mil this year and 1.5 next season. I don't completely understand the cap.

Vlad makes 6 mil each of the next 2 seasons.

Adam makes. 4.2 - 5.2 - 6.8(qualifying offer year).

2) Shannon Brown MIGHT be the DEFENSIVE guard(6'4") Phil looking for. Please chime in bobcat fans. Brown hasn't been a big widely known as a defender. Shannons athleticism and quick first step will help the Lakers from getting burned on the perimeter. If he can figure out the triangle. Or else he will not be getting any playing time.

3) Adam Morrison now becomes a project. Can he be a defender? Probably not. Phil J has a fetish for big guards. At 6'8" Morrison may have the potential to actually be a contributor.

Sasha is going to lose playing time as soon as these guys learn the triangle.

Damnit....I really wanted Raja Bell.

Its an ok deal. Last season people didn't think the Ariza-Brian Cook/Mau Evans deal wasn't important. Look at how that turned out.

Ariza is a big time contributor to the Lakers. Perfect role player on offense and d.

Getting rid of Cook and his contract was a Cook is terrible.

Evans was a spazzzz.
    Last edited by LakersLaLaLand; 02-07-2009 at 05:09 PM.

I'm kind of whatever about the deal.
    I really hoped Vladimir would pan out for the Lakers someday but I guess it just did not work. I thought he was a great signing by Mitch a couple years back but he didn't produce (specially on Dee).

And now we got Adam Morrison? Does Mitch miss having a former Gonzaga player (Turiaf) or something? Well as a Laker fan I do hope for the best.