Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Knowing what we know now from the '96 draft...

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Kobe going to a garbage team sitting behind Jerry Stackhouse would have worked REALLY WELL. SMH @ some of these posters. Kobe would have been crying by year three.
    Seriously. Kobe is my favorite player but you're silly if you think he could have done with A.I. with the same teams A.I. had to play with in Philly.

What's so far fetched about taking A.I. if you're Philly? I really don't think we get the same great Kobe if he doesn't play for LA.

Bump for others to respond

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    @ Kobe stans.

Nobody would go crazy and call others morons if we picked Barkley over Duncan.
    Because there is no Duncan stans. But when somebody pick Iverson over Kobe..all stans lose their minds.

Iverson.Former MVP.One of the rare guys reached finals with bad squad.3rd most scoring titles.6th best ppg in seasons history.2nd best ppg in playoffs.One of the best stealers.He was one of top players since 96 to 08.

It's not like we are taking Sam Bowie over Jordan.It's more like would you draft Wade or Lebron.
    How does having the DPOY & rebounding per game leader to go along with the 6MOY and solid defenders equate to having a bad squad?

I'd take Kobe but call me crazy because I'd take Ray Allen before AI or Nash. I think he fits too easy into any system. Nash took a little while to become what he is today. With AI you have to play AI ball.
    Last edited by Kombo; 06-24-2011 at 03:20 AM.

I rule the local playground bence23's Avatar

This thread is retarded. That's the point of the draft, you DON'T know.

I would take Iverson. Kobe would just bolt after his contract ended.

College superstar

People would honestly take Iverson over Kobe Bryant and even Steve Nash or Ray Allen knowing what we know today?

AI:

Positives = Amazing scorer

Negatives: Ball hogs, gambles on defense, complains about having to practice, refused his coaches orders, will ruin your teams chemistry, selfish, lazy, refused a smaller role with Denver so they traded him to Detroit, refused to come off the bench for Detroit so they traded him to Memphis, quit on Memphis, whined and said all he wanted to do is play baksetball, was signed by the Sixers after he retired because Ed Snider felt sorry for his teams former superstar and because Lou Williams was injured then he quit again, waited all summer wondering why nobody would sign him like a clueless dimwit, went to Europe and wasn't even a top player over there.

Sorry, but the guy was a complete joke in the second half of his career with constant defiance to regulation and order, and he also spit in the face of every great player who ever came off the bench later in their careers. He disrespected the game of baksetball and gave up on two different teams just because he wasn't getting his 30 shots a game, that is an absolute joke. Don't get me wrong he had great skills, was a unique talent and a top tier player from 1999 until the mid 00s, but he fell off entirely because of his own stupidity. He could have very well been a great backup for a contender and possibly could still be, but his selfishness cost him any chance at that.
    Last edited by Ne 1; 06-24-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Knowing what we know now? I'll pick the 1st overall pick? I'll take Kobe because if I know what already happened today, I'll just trade Kobe for Vlade again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    People would honestly take Iverson over Kobe Bryant and even Steve Nash or Ray Allen knowing what we know today?

AI:

Positives = Amazing scorer

Negatives: Ball hogs, gambles on defense, complains about having to practice, refused his coaches orders, will ruin your teams chemistry, selfish, lazy, refused a smaller role with Denver so they traded him to Detroit, refused to come off the bench for Detroit so they traded him to Memphis, quit on Memphis, whined and said all he wanted to do is play baksetball, was signed by the Sixers after he retired because Ed Snider felt sorry for his teams former superstar and because Lou Williams was injured then he quit again, waited all summer wondering why nobody would sign him like a clueless dimwit, went to Europe and wasn't even a top player over there.

Sorry, but the guy was a complete joke in the second half of his career with constant defiance to regulation and order, and he also spit in the face of every great player who ever came off the bench later in their careers. He disrespected the game of baksetball and gave up on two different teams just because he wasn't getting his 30 shots a game, that is an absolute joke. Don't get me wrong he had great skills, was a unique talent and a top tier player from 1999 until the mid 00s, but he fell off entirely because of his own stupidity. He could have very well be a great backup for a contender and possibly could still be, but his selfishness cost him any chance at that.
    You can always trade him before he becomes a complete joke. That's the advantage of knowing.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    I can see how he thinks though, from the get go Allen Iverson was better, people seem to not remember (or dont know) that Kobe was even dubbed by some as simply the next Harold Miner, no skill, just vertical leap, he really was not good of a player coming in to the NBA, i mean not as good as most top draft Rookies (and Sophomores).

Then if you think realistically, what if Allen Iverson played with Shaq and Kobe didnt?
    Wrong again.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...t-kobe-bryant/

[QUOTE]What proved to Bryant that he could play

Cali Love

Kobe was ballin back in HS. @ posters telling he had no talent and was the next Harold Miner

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    How does having the DPOY & rebounding per game leader to go along with the 6MOY and solid defenders equate to having a bad squad?
    6MOY was from Philly because nobody in lineup can do anything offensively except Iverson.Second best scorer was a bench player!

Eric Snow as PG
    George Lynch as SF
    Tyron Hill as PF
    Mutombo as C (last good years)

Only Mutombo had more than 10 points in that team in starting line up. (except iverson) And it was just 11.7 ppg.

Roster was horrible but Iverson & L.Brown made Sixers good team in those years.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Kobe going to a garbage team sitting behind Jerry Stackhouse would have worked REALLY WELL. SMH @ some of these posters. Kobe would have been crying by year three.
    Year three?

Tenth game.

Dunking on everybody in the park 24r2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swanson333
    Tell me your kidding?? I don't even like kobe but to say you would still draft A.I. ahead of him is rediculous! Every GM in the league would take Kobe #1.

kerry kittles is the right answer for this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sh0wtime
    Kobe was even dubbed by some as simply the next Harold Miner, no skill, just vertical leap, he really was not good of a player coming in to the NBA, i mean not as good as most top draft Rookies (and Sophomores).