Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Hugh Grant - Worst Actor Ever?

Thread hijack in progress

Most overrated ever? I say Eastwood.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    William H Macy's name doesn't even belong in this thread being mentioned with the likes of Ashton Kutcher and Hugh Grant . He was great in Fargo and the Cooler.

Trivia for you, in what 80s cult Classic did Macy play a character named JJ? Hint: it was a martial arts flick, one of his first roles.

I agree that he does not belong with the names aformentioned..

I just meant to state that even if he is a stellar actor.. that does not mean that people actually know who he is...

I loved 'The Cooler' with Bello.. but most people are not even aware that the film exist...

And I do believe that the JJ film that you are mentioning is 'The Last Dragon'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    Never said he wasnt. Looking at all his work, he has easily put together a HOF worthy list of movies.

-Starwars
    -Indiana Jones
    -Blade Runner (hate the movie though...)
    -Fugitive
    -Air Force One

After 2000 he hasnt done much though.

he is a contradiction to me.. for I believe that he is both underated and overated by people...

Its all in perspective, I guess...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

As an actor or director?

But regardless of your answer.. I do confess that no matter what you state I would still rate your opinion to be full of dumbassery...

Eastwood? Perhaps as just an actor, but along with his producing and directing of films it is just about right. A close race might be against Pacino.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    I agree that he does not belong with the names aformentioned..

I just meant to state that even if he is a stellar actor.. that does not mean that people actually know who he is...

I loved 'The Cooler' with Bello.. but most people are not even aware that the film exist...

And I do believe that the JJ film that you are mentioning is 'The Last Dragon'
    Sho'Nuff

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

As an actor or director?

But regardless of your answer.. I do confess that no matter what you state I would still rate your opinion to be full of dumbassery...
    Certainly actor. What's he played other that that mean *******? If there's a role let me know, seriously, maybe some stuff when he was in in his prime?

rank sentamentalist

Certainly actor. What's he played other that that mean *******? If there's a role let me know, seriously, maybe some stuff when he was in in his prime?
    I consider him more of a pompous ******* in his recurring roles as the Man With No Name.

As an actor or director?

Damn... second time you ninja'd me to a point in this very thread... first with JStrath playing the same character every movie and now with the actor/director distinction.

You truely are a Zen Master

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    I consider him more of a pompous ******* in his recurring roles as the Man With No Name.
    Worked for Hitchcock

Some of the listed actors aren't that bad (not worst actor ever territory). Plus, it depends on the movie. Ben Affleck hasn't been bad in every movie. Matthew McConaughey? He was good in Dazed and Confused, A Time to Kill, and he was the only thing that didn't suck about The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I haven't seen his crappy chickflicks, though.

When I think worst ever, I'm thinking Sofia Coppola in The Godfather: Part III territory. I'm talking sh!t that makes Paul Walker's wooden acting look oscar-worthy. Hell, go watch Plan 9 from Outer Space and then tell me that Ben Affleck should be labeled as the worst actor ever. There's been plenty of people far worse than Ben Affleck. Now, if you're talking about well known actors, then that's a different story.

Blasphemy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    Some of the listed actors aren't that bad (not worst actor ever territory). Plus, it depends on the movie. Ben Affleck hasn't been bad in every movie. Matthew McConaughey? He was good in Dazed and Confused, A Time to Kill, and he was the only thing that didn't suck about The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I haven't seen his crappy chickflicks, though.

When I think worst ever, I'm thinking Sofia Coppola in The Godfather: Part III territory. I'm talking sh!t that makes Paul Walker's wooden acting look oscar-worthy. Hell, go watch Plan 9 from Outer Space and then tell me that Ben Affleck should be labeled as the worst actor ever. There's been plenty of people far worse than Ben Affleck. Now, if you're talking about well known actors, then that's a different story.

Blasphemy.

I MUST applaud that ...

Banned

One of the great tragedies of modern times

And yes, Ben Affleck has been bad in every movie he's ever been in. How do you mess up/overdo a Boston accent when you grew up there?

Ben Affleck was fine in Boiler Room and Dazed and Confused (he played a do[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]chebag well).

Banned

Ben Affleck was fine in Boiler Room and Dazed and Confused (he played a do[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]chebag well).
    Dazed and Confused in retrospect had both McCaunahey and Affleck playing themselves which is why it worked out. Matthew a tang-crazed sleazeball slacker and as you said Ben playing a *********. Anyone can play themselves in a movie, but it's called acting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CXXzz-SE9w