Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Sega Genesis vs Super Nintendo

Did anybody else have the adapter for SNES that allowed you to have more than 2 controllers? We had an adapter that allowed for 5 controllers. Epic video game parties with that shit. It was great for NBA games, but my favorite game that allowed 4 or 5 players at a time was Saturday Night Slam Masters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCYsZqqDOXs

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

I had the SNES and then made the jump to the Dreamcast when it came out. Loved both systems.

If you told me I would be in isolation and I only got to choose one system and any games I wanted I'd likely take the PS3 just because of it's diversity and games are more replay able these days due to customization...

But the SNES is damn close.

if havent blowed into those ninento games to make it work, u have no childhood.
    no homo

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    genesis. snes had the better graphics, but it didn't have this game

i still play that on the emulator. it is awesome. great graphics, controls and it gets difficult.
    That game was awesome.

I loved the Genesis way more than the SNES.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming
    Genesis for me. It had a 2 year head start before the SNES even debuted and I still remember the Genesis being very impressive for its time. The Genesis also had my favorite controller of the two.

Playing Eternal Champions with this controller was awesome.

GOAT 90's control pad.

Sega Genesis for sure, although we call it Sega Mega Drive. Every game on that console was so good, I have the emulator too and still play a lot of the games every now and then. Btw I'm disappointed that nobody is yet to mention:

had Genesis as a kid, first video game I ever owned, Sonic 2, 3 years old. I was in love. Sonic, X-Men, NBA Live 95, NHL 97, Muhammad Ali Heavyweight Boxing, FIFA 96, oh man.

which one is better? probably SNES, had a better library of games. nobody was ****ing with SNES's RPGs and adventure games. I still play both on emulation today. In fact I'd probably go out and buy a Genesis and SNES at some pawn shop if I was certain it would actually connect to my TV. lol

Snes >

NBA Superstar

I had a Sega Genesis and I was pretty satisfied with it. Though now, if I have the urge to play games from that era, it tends to be on the Super Nintendo. At the time, my Sega lineup consisted of most Sonic games (1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles), Hockey games (NHL '96, NHL '97) and a slew of basketball games (NBA Showdown '94, NBA Live '96, NBA Live '97, NBA Live '98, NBA Jam: Tournament Edition) with a touch of Fifa mixed in there somewhere.

On the flip side, my cousin had a SNES and that's usually where we got our time in with Street Fighter, Smash TV, Super Mario World, and World Series Baseball. I can still put a lot of time into Smash TV, particularly when I go the infinite lives route (it was a tough game).

Semi-related, did anyone have a Game Gear? If so, has anyone played Sonic 2 for Game Gear? My brothers found my Game Gear a few weeks ago and have been giving that Sonic game a shot, with frustrating results. I don't know what keeps bringing them back. It reminds me of one of the facts of many games created back then: not everything had a logical explanation or means of discovery. It seemed some things in games you just had to know, whether from word of mouth or luckily stumbling upon the right area when you accidentally fell into a pit. Sonic 2 on Game Gear (no resemblance to Sonic 2 for Sega) was like that; riddled with glitches and things you'd never know: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS6YwD9t4D0
    Last edited by Rake2204; 08-16-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Very good NBA starter

genesis got nothing to top legend of zelda: link to the past

i had both, and i loved both dearly. its tough, because i had awesome games for both consoles.

i think what made those consoles really special for me as a kid, was that i was the only one who was fortunate to have them out of all my friends. my parents would let them sleep over at least once a month and we played non-stop. even tho we live in the age of online multiplayer; it'll never beat the feeling of had as kid.

from mario kart to nba jam tournament edition. that is why i always love being a 90's kid.
    Last edited by Bucket_Nakedz; 08-16-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Had the Sega Genesis, I played SNES to it was definitely better but I enjoyed my Genesis the controller was sweet for fighting games, and I loved games like Shadowrun and comixzone. Played it out also for Streetfight and almost all the MK 1 to 3.

But the best buy I ever had had to be the PS1/2 and 3 with the 3 just being my favorite.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

I only had the SNES but the they're were a huge variety of games, Chrono Trigger, DK, Mario, Killer instinct and a whole bunch more

Btw anybody else had the C64GS? I didn't own one but I used to go to my friend's house to play I remember it was pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill

best video game ever made.

Was playing that with my son( his first time) a few weeks ago. Cool thing is he's the age I was when I first started playing it, and he loves it. ( And he's played PS2,PS3,360 etc etc....still loves this game).