Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Legends to be remembered: Greatest players that never played in the NBA

1. Len Bias (University of Maryland Terrapins)
    2. Earl Manigault (Rucker Park)

Who are some others?

Played in the NBA but missed prime

1. Arvydas Sabonis (Portland Trailblazers)
    2. Drazen Petrovic (Portland Trailblazers, New Jersey Nets)
    Last edited by 72-10; 07-08-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Legends to be remembered: Greatest players that never played in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    1. Len Bias
    2. Earl Manigault

Who are some others?
    me

Default Re: Legends to be remembered: Greatest players that never played in the NBA

should also be listed as greatest players to never play in the NBA in their prime.

- Arvydas Sabonis

Ev08

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    should also be listed as greatest players to never play in the NBA in their prime.

- Arvydas Sabonis
    That was the 3rd name I thought of.

Roger Brown.

NBA lottery pick

Candice Parker.

Len Bias
    Bob Kurland
    Hank Gathers
    Earl Manigault
    Herman Knowings
    Marques Haynes
    Pee Wee Kirkland
    William "Pop" Gates
    Maedowlark Lemon

(+probably a few young stars who never got to play in the old NBA because they were black).

And some great internationals who didn't have the chance:

Sergei Belov
    Drazen Dalipagic
    Krezimir Cosic
    Radivoj Korac
    Oscar Schmidt
    Nikos Galis
    Dejan Bodiroga
    Manuel Raga

Played in the NBA but missed prime
    Maurice Stokes
    Ralph Sampson
    Roy Tarpley

I was thinking about Sampson, but idk because he did still play through most of his 20s. Adding Sampson would be a little like adding Walton.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Lax4422Chik1342's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Len Bias
    Bob Kurland
    Hank Gathers
    Earl Manigault
    Herman Knowings
    Marques Haynes
    Pee Wee Kirkland
    William "Pop" Gates
    Maedowlark Lemon

(+probably a few young stars who never got to play in the old NBA because they were black).
    Once again Psil is swishing his posts, great names. I will be posting some others when my mind clears up, names that only a handful will know, players from the parks of NYC and of the Rutger's Tournament who due to drugs, crimes or other factors never had their chance to shine in the NBA

By the by and by, Meadowlark and Curly will forever be looked at as clowns for their roles in the Harlem Globetrotters but they were fundamentally sound and skilled players, you have to in order to do what they did. Don't forget both Wilt and Hawk were Trotters. Several times in the 40s the Globetrotters played exhibition barnstorming games against the best pro all stars-all white of course and whupped them badly. similar to the "Negro" baseball teams whupping the major leagues all-stars. Satchell Paige struck out Ruth and Gehrig every time he faced them as well as other white stand outs of the era

I was thinking about Sampson, but idk because he did still play through most of his 20s. Adding Sampson would be a little like adding Walton.
    Yeah, I basically added him because of his damaged prime, not because he didn't play at all at this age.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    Candice Parker.
    lol

Learning to shoot layups

Connie Hawkins
    Marvin Barnes - he wasted his talent away

Banned

Drazen Petrovic is super cool player from Balkans, not Slovenia. He have played at NBA but so sadly he died in car accident from some stupid pig farm american driver!!!! >:-O

Arvydas Sabonis is best player of them ever. He pass like Magic, but have a shot like Reggie Miller, and hook like Kareem in at 7 feet tall 5 inches!!!!

I think Sabonis that is best player ever even best at MJ!!!
    Last edited by The Machine; 07-08-2008 at 07:28 PM.