Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups truethat23's Avatar

Default Re: What is your favorite Iverson moment?

Iverson crossing over Jordan is probably my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA

I usually hit open layups truethat23's Avatar

Default Re: Allen Iverson APPRECIATION Thread

Allen Iverson is clearly one of the best players of this decade.

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxVRQHU5It0

AI's career in a nutshell.

Default Re: Allen Iverson Retires

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    Really? Name me 3 skills Iverson possesses. I'm timing you. Go.
    are you a fukcing idiot? have you ever seen him on the court? you think a fukcing scrub could accidentally win season mvp? gtfo

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Allen Iverson Retires

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    are you a fukcing idiot? have you ever seen him on the court? you think a fukcing scrub could accidentally win season mvp? gtfo
    Ok, I admit to masterminding the whole Allen Iverson/Matt Fish photoshop caper a few years back. It was an odd phase, ok?

Saw a basketball once Andy Christ's Avatar

Default Re: AI always admired Brett Favre growing up...

this is why i even logged in besides some jersey post. this is embarrassing not just for allen, but its really looking the worst for the nba.

nba, where "practice? jack 35 shots a night, hell naw i aint comin off no bench, first ballot hall of famer" how the hell cant he get a spot on a team, he said hed be 6th man on a winning team. boston? no? REALLY NO? happens.

When he actually retires and dies and everybody who is sane will spit on his grave.

Local High School Star

Default Should Iverson just have stayed on in Memphis?

Im sure the coach would give him more minutes if he sees Conley not playing up to standard.

Anyways, despite having the moniker of the "one of the worst teams in the league", it is undeniable that Memphis has talent, lots of it and also potential to improve.

Look at Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo, both are young but seem to be superstars in the making. Marc Gasol is a legit big men who does his older brother proud. Zach Randolph is not a fatass anymore and is a potential 20 10 any given night. Conley, though inconsitent, is a solid point guard at times and would do good backing Iverson.

Even Hasheem Thabeet looks like he has shades of Mutombo, and would surely get better as the season goes.

I ever said they would never made the playoffs even with Iverson, but they way things are going now ( 6-10 ), they do have a small shot.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Default Re: Should Iverson just have stayed on in Memphis?

Quote Originally Posted by tgan3
    Im sure the coach would give him more minutes if he sees Conley not playing up to standard.

Anyways, despite having the moniker of the "one of the worst teams in the league", it is undeniable that Memphis has talent, lots of it and also potential to improve.

Look at Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo, both are young but seem to be superstars in the making. Marc Gasol is a legit big men who does his older brother proud. Zach Randolph is not a fatass anymore and is a potential 20 10 any given night. Conley, though inconsitent, is a solid point guard at times and would do good backing Iverson.

Even Hasheem Thabeet looks like he has shades of Mutombo, and would surely get better as the season goes.

I ever said they would never made the playoffs even with Iverson, but they way things are going now ( 6-10 ), they do have a small shot.

You make good points; however the Griz, just like myself have to accept that Conley is a back up pg. He is greg Anthony 2.0 He'd be a solid bench player and not live up to the pg potential showed in college

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

Jamal Tinsley is their answer. Not AI. A pass first guard. To take Conley's minutes

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    Jamal Tinsley is their answer. Not AI. A pass first guard. To take Conley's minutes

Agree. Keep him out of the strip clubs and he will be fine. It's frustrating to see Memphis with this record considering they have a nice mix of talent on the squad. I mean is OKC that much better talwent wise?

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    Agree. Keep him out of the strip clubs and he will be fine. It's frustrating to see Memphis with this record considering they have a nice mix of talent on the squad. I mean is OKC that much better talwent wise?
    Memphis started of 1-8 i believe. WIth AI in the air once he was waived they have been 5-2. I think if it wasn't for the bad start they would be about where OKC is. They actually have a chance of makin it to the playoffs if they continue to win ball games like this and I never thought i woudl be saying that.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    Memphis are young, they are bound to improve. Conley and Mayo are 22, Gay is 23, Gasol is 24. Even Randolph at 28 isnt really what I would call old.

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by truethat23
    Iverson crossing over Jordan is probably my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEmS8ZQIhTA

it is mine also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZARg...eature=related

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    What people ignore when they say "AI took a pack of scrubs to the finals" is that every team he beat didn't have great supporting casts around their superstar either. Vince had Antonio Davis and Alvin Williams as his next best players (and they barely escaped on VC's missed GW). Ray Allen had Cassell and Robinson but that team was one of the worst defensive teams in the league (so while they had flashy offensive players, they played no defense). These are teams a LOT of superstars could beat with the same supporting cast as AI. Don't confuse him "carrying scrubs to the finals" as meaning that he beat some sort of great elite teams where his cast was outmatched.
    Good point, but I still think referring to a team with the DPOY, 6th man and atleast four other quality defensive-minded role players as scrubs is incorrect no matter what. I also think that it suggests that Iverson would have been better off with another 20+ ppg scorer next to him which is probably not the case.

I'd take Iverson's cast over Carter's and despite Milwaukee's big 3, it is hard to win without an interior presence. The Pacers had nothing other than an aging Reggie Miller, Jalen Rose and a young Jermaine O'Neal(before his prime)