Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Colorado boy facing felony charges in airsoft gun mishap

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    The bullet. Is that what you call the projectiles shot out of a toy gun? lol

Kill. Ya, that word should be brought up here when we're talking about a toy gun.

Apparently you and the DA have a hard time with context. Context means everything when charging a boy with a felony for shooting a toy gun.

What about my thought process was immature? That I'm glad the silly things I did as a kid didn't pointlessly send my to juve? Ya, real immature of me to be thankful for that. Way to go on the logic part here. You should be proud of yourself.
    OK, let's make it 'projectile' and 'harm'.

And it's not shooting a toy gun that's the problem. It's shooting a toy gun at someone in anger. There's your context.

The immature thought process takes a situation and reduces it to the ridiculous (ie kid...toy gun...can't be bad...me and my friends did that...uhhuh uhhuh). The mature thought process takes into account the action, what precipitated the action, and the potential results of the action.
    Last edited by JMT; 02-02-2011 at 05:23 PM.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    no I wouldnt call it petty had someone been blinded... but being as though no one was blinded? this is a great opportunity for his parents to pull the kid aside and get after him about his behavior and the fact that someone could have been blinded or seriously hurt.. he is still a minor and this isnt an instance where he needs to go in front of a judge

I just dont see where the cops come in
    Where the cops come in? A crime was committed in anger.

I just dont see where the cops come in
    Doctor/hospital called the law, as he's required to do.

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Where the cops come in? A crime was committed in anger.
    a crime

yo... you are seriously trying to equate this to real crime?

I guess its already too late if you truly believe kids should be arrested for this kind of stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    OK, let's make it 'projectile' and 'harm'.

And it's not shooting a toy gun that's the problem. It's shooting a toy gun at someone in anger. There's your context.

The immature thought process takes a situation and reduces it to the ridiculous (ie kid...toy gun...can't be bad...me and my friends did that...uhhuh uhhuh). The mature thought process takes into account the action, what precipitated the action, and the potential results of the action.
    Potential results of the action? We know what the results are. Nothing happened and the kids are still friends because nothing happned. Thank you, come again.

I never said a kid with a toy gun can't be bad because of the things I did as a kid. lol I said knowing full well that a kid doesn't need to go to juve to get over this incident (because I know many a kid who did these types of things and didn't need to go to juve), I think this DA is a crackhead.

According to you, anger + split second mistake that resulted in no harm = felony charge for a minor. The fact that you used the word bullet before, I think you have this idea that the kid stole a gun from his dad's desser, aimed at his friend's head and pulled the trigger. lol

The only footing you have in the argument is if this kid had a prior record. We can't prove he didn't, but you can't prove he did. So what are you arguing here? And ya, kids without prior records do get ****ed over by the law. It happens all the time, dummy.

Sounds like a setup for an eventual lawsuit against the toy company.

코비=GOAT

Potential results of the action? We know what the results are. Nothing happened and the kids are still friends because nothing happned. Thank you, come again.

I never said a kid with a toy gun can't be bad because of the things I did as a kid. lol I said knowing full well that a kid doesn't need to go to juve to get over this incident (because I know many a kid who did these types of things and didn't need to go to juve), I think this DA is a crackhead.

According to you, anger + split second mistake that resulted in no harm = felony charge for a minor. The fact that you used the word bullet before, I think you have this idea that the kid stole a gun from his dad's desser, aimed at his friend's head and pulled the trigger. lol

The only footing you have in the argument is if this kid had a prior record. We can't prove he didn't, but you can't prove he did. So what are you arguing here? And ya, kids without prior records do get ****ed over by the law. It happens all the time, dummy.
    Anger+split second mistakes also equal murders. Better to nip it in the bud and give harsh consequences.

코비=GOAT

a crime

yo... you are seriously trying to equate this to real crime?

I guess its already too late if you truly believe kids should be arrested for this kind of stuff...
    Shooting someone with a BB gun is a crime.

Anger+split second mistakes also equal murders. Better to nip it in the bud and give harsh consequences.
    Again, context. What part of shooting a toy gun that wasn't even aimed at his friend's eye = murder or the potential for this kid to commit a murder in the future? lol

Society has become such a failure in many ways.

btw, my mother in higschool was shot in the leg with a bb gun by a dude in his apartment while running track. He was arrested, and rightfully so because there was a clear intent to harm someone. Context.

코비=GOAT

Again, context. What part of shooting a toy gun that wasn't even aimed at his friend's eye = murder or the potential for this kid to commit a murder in the future? lol

Society has become such a failure.
    Are you dumb? If not, why are you dumbing down the argument? I never said that shooting a bb gun equals the potential of murder in the future. I said the anger and the split second decision equals murder. It is fully at the discretion of the DA to prosecute an actual crime that caused bodily injury. Doesn't matter if they're friends, if it was an accident, if it was settled by an xbox. It is not ludicrous as you guys make it sound. I see it more of as a preventive measure. I know a lecture from my parents wouldn't stop me from doing something wrong.

Again, the immature thought process.

'Split second mistake'? Had he gotten mad, thrown the gun on the floor, and it misfired, hitting the other kid? That's a split second mistake.

Fire the gun...real or toy...in the air in anger, and the ricochet hurts someone? Mistake. Possibly a punishable mistake, but a mistake none the less.

Having the presence of mind, when mad, to fire the handy gun...real or toy...at someone isn't a mistake. It's a decision.
    Last edited by JMT; 02-02-2011 at 05:48 PM.

코비=GOAT

And a BB gun is considered a deadly weapon in many jurisdictions.

Are you dumb? If not, why are you dumbing down the argument? I never said that shooting a bb gun equals the potential of murder in the future. I said the anger and the split second decision equals murder. It is fully at the discretion of the DA to prosecute an actual crime that caused bodily injury. Doesn't matter if they're friends, if it was an accident, if it was settled by an xbox. It is not ludicrous as you guys make it sound. I see it more of as a preventive measure. I know a lecture from my parents wouldn't stop me from doing something wrong.
    So you are assuming there is a legit chance this kid might seriously harm or muder someone later on without any proof?

I guess I'm gonna have to wait until more facts are released. ie. this kid seriously harmed people before.

코비=GOAT

So you are assuming there is a legit chance this kid might seriously harm or muder someone later on without any proof?

I guess I'm gonna have to wait until more facts are released. ie. this kid seriously harmed people before.
    No I'm not assuming anything. You brought up intent. I just know that the kid shot his friend in the face and it is perfectly in the rights of the DA to prosecute.

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Again, the immature thought process.

'Split second mistake'? Had he gotten mad, thrown the gun on the floor, and it misfired, hitting the other kid? That's a split second mistake.

Fire the gun...real or toy...in the air in anger, and the ricochet hurts someone? Mistake. Possibly a punishable mistake, but a mistake none the less.

Having the presence of mind, when mad, to fire the handy gun...real or toy...at someone isn't a mistake. It's a decision.
    Dropping the gun and it firing isn't a mistake. That's an accident. lol

Does continuously saying "immature thought process" make you feel better about your argument. Cause you're the only one buying that what I'm saying is immature. Obviously you and one or two others disagree, but immature? Really? Where did you learn your argumentative skills? lol

It was a mistake for the kid to aim at his friend and fire. Yes, a mistake. Hence the term "a mistake of judgement".

Go to school. You need it.

No I'm not assuming anything. You brought up intent. I just know that the kid shot his friend in the face and it is perfectly in the rights of the DA to prosecute.
    No shit it's the DA's right. That's the whole point. He's abusing his right. A lot of stupid things are protected by legal rights. lol