Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobcats Rumors

Local High School Star TarHeelBorn's Avatar

Default Bobcats Rumors

Few tidbits from Chad Ford:

- "Small forwards on the market include Richard Jefferson of the New Jersey Nets, Josh Howard of the Dallas Mavericks, Gerald Wallace of the Charlotte Bobcats and Tayshaun Prince of the Detroit Pistons."

That came from a reference to a possible trade with the Suns who have Barbosa and Diaw "on the block". He also said it's unknown whether or not the Suns would be interested in Wallace b/c of his contract. Main thing for me was that G-Dub is being shopped.

- Ford seems to think that Westbrook has a promise b/c he has canceled all remaining workouts. He has reasons to think the promise didn't come from Chicago (obviously), Miami (obviously), Minny (obviously), Memphis, New York, Bucks, Clippers, or Pacers. That leaves the Sonics and the Bobcats. Sonics like him and might think about trading down to take him. However, Ford thinks we are the most likely to have made the promise.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...adetalk-080618

Default Re: Bobcats Rumors

Also found this...

Ian (Charlotte, NC): Do you think there is any chance Kevin Love falls to the Bobcats? If not, do you think they take Brook Lopez or try to trade back and take Koufos, Anjica, or Hibbert?

SportsNation Chad Ford: I think Love goes No. 5 to Memphis. If he doesn't, the Bobcats are a likely destination. If he's gone, I think they look at Brook Lopez, Russell Westbrook, DeAndre Jordan and Alexis Ajinca.

Gary(Charlotte): Chad what are the chances of Gearld Wallace being moved?

SportsNation Chad Ford: Larry Brown likes to shake things up. I hear he's available. I think someone will show interest. They really want a center.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=21133

You've been 'Smacked!

Westbrook said flat out he hasn't talked to us yet, but maybe that's just doublespeak and his agent did instead. One thing I found very interesting in the writeup on the official site was LB saying that he hasn't seen anyone that could come in and start yet.

That being said, how can we trade Crash without opening up another hole in the starting lineup? Somehow I just don't see LB going with Hammer or Ammo.

My preferred move at this point would be to trade down, pick up a roll player or back-up PG or something and take Hibbert or Alexis Ajinca.

How old is gerald wallace. If he is only 25 I would like for the grizz to make a move for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    How old is gerald wallace. If he is only 25 I would like for the grizz to make a move for him.
    Not sure what kinda deal would get done there. I don't think the Cats would use Wallace as part of a package to trade up unless it yielded a top 3 pick. Maybe top 4, but no one besides Beasley, Rose, Mayo, and maybe Bayless are worth losing Wallace for.

Decent playground baller

If Westbrook were still there would we take him over a project big?

Wallace plays the 4, JRich the 3 and we get a defensive 2 who can do a bit of everything else. Completes our starting 5 but makes us a bit of a Pheonix style fast break offense. It would seem to fit so we play to many of our starters offensive style, but leaves us weak guarding bigs on defense even though we take maybe the best defender in the draft and have a very good overall defender in Wallace guarding that bigger guy!

I could still see a trade of Wallace for Odom making sense here, even though I'd hate to see him go, it just seems to make us more balanced, and the Lakers the same. I wouldn't do it if in charge but it would make us more balanced especially in that draft situation.

Learning to shoot layups

Gerald Wallace will not play the 4 spot under Larry Brown, count on that. Brown knows how to win basketball, and while PHX could have won a Title at some point...the odds are against. You must have a good complimentary team.

I hope the Bobcats do not select Lopez, he doesnt have much upside. If they were thinking along those lines, they'd be better off to trade down and select Hibbert.

If Westbrook is there, we will definitely be tempted. I don't think Brown will every start or play Wallace at 4 at all so Westbrook would be drafted to compete with Felton to either push him to the next level or to take his job.

I like Odom but he would be a short term solution to enable us to pick up a new PF/C in free agency next year. I don't know why but I get the feeling that Gerald won't be a Bobcat next year, I just hope the front office doesn't take too little in return.

Westbrook would make sense if we have a deal in place to get a quality 4 for Crash. I'd hate to see him go, but meanmonster is right. LB won't play him at that position and we're already loaded at 3. We get a quality big, a back-up for Felton, and hopefully Ammo and May come back healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    trade Gerald Wallace for Mike Miller:

Felton
    Miller
    Richardson
    Okafor
    #9 (Lopez or Jordan)

Quote Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
    trade Gerald Wallace for Mike Miller:

Felton
    Miller
    Richardson
    Okafor
    #9 (Lopez or Jordan)
    The problem with that is that #9 is not going to be a starter.

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

What happened to Sean May? He was drafted in the lottery and I was looking at depth charts and he was the 4th PF. He eat himself out of the league?

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    What happened to Sean May? He was drafted in the lottery and I was looking at depth charts and he was the 4th PF. He eat himself out of the league?
    Basically. He hasn't played healthy since college. Best case scenario would be to have him back at 100% but I would settle for him just getting enough minutes to have some trade value at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    The problem with that is that #9 is not going to be a starter.
    Hate to say it but probably only JRich, G-Dub, and Okafor (as a PF) are starters on most quality teams in the league. A some guys, like Lopez or Hibbert, may not be starters but they could be and they are at least NBA ready enough to back-up Nazr. Case in point, we MUST add front court depth this off-season.