Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Your favorite Outkast album?

mystikal easily had the best verse on Neck of Da Woods and raekwon had the best verse on Skew It on the Bar B

outkast is another one of those "we rap about more than just gangster stuff so the underground overrates us like whoa" acts, similar to gza and common.

thats my word.

Dunking on everybody in the park barne100's Avatar

ATLiens.
    Stankonia.
    Aquemini.
    Southernplayalistcadillaccfunkymuzik.

Simply ATLiens was my favorite. My favorite individual songs came from Stankonia... and I didnt think Aquemini deserved to be in 4th. I don't look at Southernplaya as a "last" of anything though haha.

southernplayalisticcadillacfunkymusik

Quote Originally Posted by starface
    mystikal easily had the best verse on Neck of Da Woods and raekwon had the best verse on Skew It on the Bar B

outkast is another one of those "we rap about more than just gangster stuff so the underground overrates us like whoa" acts, similar to gza and common.

thats my word.
    how is the underground overrating outkast? and common for that matter? they're up there with the most popular mainstream acts, which causes (dumb) underground fans to hate them.

gza has never changed his style... you're just a closeminded retard calling this good:

[QUOTE]Atlanta
    And they play me cuz they know I bring the kinda xxxx you feelin
    as I'm sayin it
    I'm like the NBA sore thumb on pawn shop tech nine,

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    how is the underground overrating outkast? and common for that matter? they're up there with the most popular mainstream acts, which causes (dumb) underground fans to hate them.

gza has never changed his style... you're just a closeminded retard calling this good:

You probably stop listening as soon as something makes sense.

ur a geek and you like geek music

Certified ISHiot.

starface dissing on outkast, common, and the genius? damn. don't see what's not to like about those dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    starface dissing on outkast, common, and the genius? damn. don't see what's not to like about those dudes.

their music just isnt exciting. their subject matter is boring, they lack charisma (common and gza especially) and their lyrical talent isnt even half of what people pretend it is. they're just dull and boring and geeky.

Quote Originally Posted by starface
    their music just isnt exciting. their subject matter is boring, they lack charisma (common and gza especially) and their lyrical talent isnt even half of what people pretend it is. they're just dull and boring and geeky.
    i swear you've never listened to an outkast album. i buy that argument for common and gza, but not for outkast.

RP 4 lyfe

Stankonia FTW!!!

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

I was flipping channels today and saw Chingy (remember that kid?) on MTV2 answering music trivia questions. One of the questions was "name 3 Outkast albums." Dude couldn't do it. He lost all credibility (which wasn't much) he had.

soundcloud->solarcism

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    I need some help choosing what album to get next. I've never heard of southernplayalistic... but I heard it's different than their other albums. I also don't know if I want speakerboxxx/lovebelow or idlewild. I have not heard more than 5 songs from these other 3 albums. Which one should I get? Which one is the best one?
    southernplayalistic for sure...

proof:

git up, git out

player's ball

crumblin 'erb (love this joint)

southernplayalistic

I need some help choosing what album to get next. I've never heard of southernplayalistic... but I heard it's different than their other albums. I also don't know if I want speakerboxxx/lovebelow or idlewild. I have not heard more than 5 songs from these other 3 albums. Which one should I get? Which one is the best one?
    go for southernplayalistic... it has a much more 'traditional' hip-hop sound to it. it's probably the most 'traditional' their sound has ever been.

soundcloud->solarcism

I see. You're right. What do you think of their last two albums? I read somewhere that big boi's flow has changed a lot since he started.
    'speakerboxxx/love below' is a solid album. 'idlewild' isn't great (or even good), but i don't really count it as an official 'kast album. big boi's flow has changed a little, but not as much as his lyricism. nowadays he's far more proficient than he was back in the day. hell, he out-wrote 3stacks (IMO) in 'royal flush' (a feat which he'd never previously achieved).

rank sentamentalist

I really liked Love Below. Kinda different and jazzy, a really fun listen. Haven't tried out Speakerboxxx yet, although I've always been higher on Dre than BB.

Saw a basketball once

Gotta go with ATLiens overall, but their first four albums are all basically flawless. Speakerboxxx/Love Below have some great material but they're really hit and miss. Idlewild is great when it's the four songs where it's actually Dre and Big Boi rapping together, but other than that it's very pachy.

I'm excited for Big Boi's solo album that's going to drop sometime in Feb/March, the single "Royal Flush" is sick as hell. It's got Andre (actually rapping for a change) and Raekwon on it, so it's basically an Outkast song featuring Rae, which is pretty hard to go wrong with. Andre KILLS his verse.

Check it out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FUPPurcasM