Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Re: Players better than Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    If you are talking in terms of skill and/or hoops IQ only then sure. If you mean productivity and impact on the floor then you're being ridiculous.
    If he meant strictly skill, then Dwight wouldn't even be top 100 right now.

Banned

You forgot Yao Ming dude. He's better than Dwight Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Yesterday i made the apparantly absurd comment that the following players are better than Dwight Howard, some Isher's (well almost all of them) were a bit dismayed and shocked at my list. I for one just dont see it, Dwight is a great defensive force/rebounder but the man is severely limited on offense, he cant create his own shot no moves, makes many mental mistakes, but even against quality big man he can be beat man to man.

I was told that i am literally the only person who thinks like this and that i should commit suicide. So i was hoping for some input on this because i doubt im the only who feels this way.
    I dont know, im not some irrational hater but I just dont see it with him.

Lebron James
    Kevin Durant
    Dwayne Wade
    Tim Duncan
    Paul Pierce
    Kobe Bryant
    Chris Paul
    Al Jefferson
    Deron Williams
    Pau Gasol
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Manu Ginobili
    Steve Nash
    Brandon Roy
    Carmelo Anthony
    greg oden

Quote Originally Posted by the_wise_one
    I remembered that guy in another thread named ZaoMing!

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    I remembered that guy in another thread named ZaoMing!

Nah, i wont go that far

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Better skill wise? Tons

Better impact wise? Very few.
    /end thread

Quote Originally Posted by the_wise_one
    Ya people have forgotten about Yao. A healthy Yao > Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    Yesterday i made the apparantly absurd comment that the following players are better than Dwight Howard, some Isher's (well almost all of them) were a bit dismayed and shocked at my list. I for one just dont see it, Dwight is a great defensive force/rebounder but the man is severely limited on offense, he cant create his own shot no moves, makes many mental mistakes, but even against quality big man he can be beat man to man.

I was told that i am literally the only person who thinks like this and that i should commit suicide. So i was hoping for some input on this because i doubt im the only who feels this way.
    I dont know, im not some irrational hater but I just dont see it with him.

Tim Duncan
    Paul Pierce
    Al Jefferson
    Deron Williams
    Pau Gasol
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Manu Ginobili
    Steve Nash
    Brandon Roy
    Carmelo Anthony
    LMAO @ Manu Ginobili being better than Dwight.

Lebron James
    Kevin Durant
    Dwayne Wade
    Tim Duncan
    Paul Pierce
    Kobe Bryant
    Chris Paul
    Al Jefferson
    Deron Williams
    Pau Gasol
    Dirk Nowitzki

Manu Ginobili
    Steve Nash
    Brandon Roy
    Carmelo Anthony

Bolded are definite No's.
    Italic are players on par, just worse or just better then dwight.

everyone else is just purely better

7-time NBA All-Star

There are 3 players better than Dwight Howard and their names are Lebron James, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade. You can throw Chris Paul in their when he's healthy too, but that's it.

Very good NBA starter

If we're picking for just this upcoming season, or just a series, players like Pau Gasol, Dirk, and Tim Duncan aren't miles behind Howard and are probably more exerienced/more suited to have the ball in their hands alot. If Bogut continues to improve, it wouldn't all-out surprise me if he approaches Dwight's current level (18 PPG) at some point. He was playing like an AS last season before his injury (alongside a rookie Jennings, Salmons, Ilyasova, etc) playing defense from the center position second to only Howard probably, was on pace to block 200+ shots like Howard, and also like Howard almost singlehandedly made that team one of the best defensively. Bogut doesn't possess Howard's athleticism, though neither did prime Duncan, but he is a great passing big man and has good hands. Also, IF Greg Oden could ever get it together, his offensive/defensive skills combined could potentially put him on an elite level (imo). If it comes to the future, seasons and seasons ahead, Dwight is one of the best franchise players in the L easily. No doubt. Shaqattack has provided some good comparisons to Zo in the past, and it is pretty accurate (though Zo was better), but even Zo wasn't an unparalleled, automatic championship, kind of big man.

Players better then Dwight

Wade
    Durant
    LeBron
    Kobe
    Carmelo

On the same level

Chris Paul
    Deron Williams
    Dirk

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    If we're picking for just this upcoming season, or just a series, players like Pau Gasol, Dirk, and Tim Duncan aren't miles behind Howard and are probably more exerienced/more suited to have the ball in their hands alot. If Bogut continues to improve, it wouldn't all-out surprise me if he approaches Dwight's current level (18 PPG) at some point. He was playing like an AS last season before his injury (alongside a rookie Jennings, Salmons, Ilyasova, etc) playing defense from the center position second to only Howard probably, was on pace to block 200+ shots like Howard, and also like Howard almost singlehandedly made that team one of the best defensively. Bogut doesn't possess Howard's athleticism, though neither did prime Duncan, but he is a great passing big man and has good hands. Also, IF Greg Oden could ever get it together, his offensive/defensive skills combined could potentially put him on an elite level (imo). If it comes to the future, seasons and seasons ahead, Dwight is one of the best franchise players in the L easily. No doubt. Shaqattack has provided some good comparisons to Zo in the past, and it is pretty accurate (though Zo was better), but even Zo wasn't an unparalleled, automatic championship, kind of big man.
    I'm not convinced 18 ppg is a sign of things to come, particularly after two 21 ppg seasons in '08 and '09, a 20 ppg playoff run in '09 and the last 2 series he played. He was in constant foul trouble vs Charlotte and they did sweep them, but after that he put up 21 ppg on 84% shooting vs Atlanta and 22 ppg on 57% shooting vs Boston.

But two things that disappointed me last year were that Howard's offensive rebounding numbers dropped which created fewer scoring opportunities and I don't think he used the skills he does have as well as he could have. And what I mean by that is in 2009 he faced up more and was either getting to the foul line or hitting the running hook with either hand with decent regularity. Last season, he tried backing down players more which really isn't his strength unless he's playing against a guy like Horford.

He has worked with Olajuwon and Hakeem told him not to be afraid to use all of his skills which could help. If he shoots that bank shot consistently, even if he only makes them at an ok percentage, it will make the defense think a little more and open up his face up game so much for either the running hook, or a drive straight to the basket.

But regarding Duncan and Gasol vs Howard. Well, the fact that Duncan can't play big minutes anymore puts Howard clearly ahead, IMO. If I need a basket down the stretch, I'm still going to Duncan, but Duncan's defense has also slipped. A few years ago, I would've taken Duncan over Dwight defensively, but not anymore. For a series, Gasol can make an impact as big, but I don't think many would choose Gasol over Dwight if they were building a franchise. I think Howard is more of a franchise player. But you could argue that Gasol had a pretty comparable season.

Bogut is still a step down, though I'm hoping he continues to improve and Bogut/Jennings is one of the young duos that excites me the most.

Oden is the one guy who I really think does have the potential to have the impact Howard does. I think he could be a comparable rebounder and an even better defender and offensively, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to produce at a similar rate if he can stay healthy and stay on the floor for 35 or so minutes, however, I'm not holding my breath on that happening.

Actually, Oden is probably my favorite current player.

Banned

@ TS/OP - Nigguh you ****in stupid/dumb/retarded/mental retarded.. LOLLL

OMG , where do I start?

You cant compare all them cuz they all play different position's and If you wanna compare Dwight and Current Tim Duncan , Dwight will prolly beat him but PRIME Duncan Will CRUSH DWIGHT "EISEN HOWER'D"

Ya Feel Me?

Dwight is THE BEST Current Center for now ; This ERA.

Man , you know you need to get your shit straight,.

I tried to tell you, Horde of Temujin. Maybe you should stick to football, or worry about your "Interim Team" OKC.

You really think all of those players are capable of leading a team to the Finals? Really?