Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Are you in the path of Hurricane Sandy?

any deaths yet?

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

No classes tomorrow. I get to study!

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Joker
    yup. classes got canceled for tomorrow. so i'm happy about that
    Hurricane party time...

Make you some hurricanes brah

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Hurricane party time...

Make you some hurricanes brah
    that's been happening ha; still had a shit ton of alcohol from halloween parties this weekend

Future D1 Dad

nope. sorry for those who are. it would suck major butt to be in a huge snowstorm with the power out and low on food.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I can't get any girls to come over and fvck me during this storm. They don't seem to understand the magnitude of the situation.

It's bringing about a foot of snow to my mountain house. Way too early in the year for that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I can't get any girls to come over and fvck me during this storm. They don't seem to understand the magnitude of the situation.
    Because you refuse to talk to them, we've talked about this. The PUT THIS IN THIS HOLE hand gestures don't work well.

I'm in NY (Brooklyn) so far, doesn't seem so bad. Wind is picking up this morning.

In Boston all we have right now is drizzle and a little wind.

   

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    As we learned in Katrina, windspeed doesn't truly tell you destructive force of a big, big storm. The winds aren't crazy strong, but they extend at tropical storm force for almost a thousand miles.

just a "thank you" for the info and POV. my understanding is that a mild el ni

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i'm also concerned about how much this all could affect the election...

I'm pretty sure it will result in a Ron Paul victory.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I'm in Southwestern CT, and couldn't be anymore in the path. My house is three blocks from the Housatonic river, and my work is in a low lying part of my town Stratford, called Lordship, which is sort of a marshy penninsula hanging out between the river and where it dumps out into Long Island Sound.
    We are ****ed.

I'm at work now with a limited force, mostly getting parts up off the floor, sandbagging doors, and reinforcing windows.

For home we taped up our windows, loaded up on batteries, brought a bunch of firewood in the house, have a fire built ready to light, charged up five cell spare cell phone batteries (a droid advantage) and the tablets in the house, and loaded up on Ice, which we can stuff in the fridge to keep it cold if we lose power. I also started a mass text that touches base with all my closest peeps so that a single response hits everyone in case anyone needs help. Last year we went out for about 3 days after a much less invasive storm. Big part of the problem with this that isn't really touched on nationally is that it's set to hit pretty close to an extremely high lunar high tide, so our banks are pretty high right now and the rain hasn't even started.

It's gonna be a hairy ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I'm in Southwestern CT, and couldn't be anymore in the path. My house is three blocks from the Housatonic river, and my work is in a low lying part of my town Stratford, called Lordship, which is sort of a marshy penninsula hanging out between the river and where it dumps out into Long Island Sound.
    We are ****ed.

I'm at work now with a limited force, mostly getting parts up off the floor, sandbagging doors, and reinforcing windows.

For home we taped up our windows, loaded up on batteries, brought a bunch of firewood in the house, have a fire built ready to light, charged up five cell spare cell phone batteries (a droid advantage) and the tablets in the house, and loaded up on Ice, which we can stuff in the fridge to keep it cold if we lose power. I also started a mass text that touches base with all my closest peeps so that a single response hits everyone in case anyone needs help. Last year we went out for about 3 days after a much less invasive storm. Big part of the problem with this that isn't really touched on nationally is that it's set to hit pretty close to an extremely high lunar high tide, so our banks are pretty high right now and the rain hasn't even started.

It's gonna be a hairy ride.

Godspeed Thorp. Sending positive vibes your way.

It doesn't feel bad but i just saw picture of Toys R Us near the Verrazano (2 miles away maybe) and water is flowing into the parking lot from the sound. I' pretty high above sea level (we are at the top of a hill) but clearly parts of Brooklyn are going to have bad flooding issues.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Godspeed Thorp. Sending positive vibes your way.

Gracias.