Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Beasley- NBA position, expectations and comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Next KG?
    Almost no similarity whatsoever.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    First of all what do you think Beasley's best position in the NBA would be? Who does his game remind you of the most and what numbers do you expect from him his rookie year? I think he will be at Small Forward In The NBA, He reminds me of Carmelo Anthony and a bit of Zach Randolph. As far as numbers I expect 18-20 ppg and 5-6 rpg. He will probably be the number 1 pick.
    Wow you're an expert. and you came up with that how? have you even watched him play?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    Wow you're an expert. and you came up with that how? have you even watched him play?
    Yeah as a matter of a fact I watch him play everytime he is on tv.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Yeah as a matter of a fact I watch him play everytime he is on tv.
    so you're telling me you see this http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXQ5bA0eH0Y when you watch him play?

Quote Originally Posted by thenextgreatbigman
    so you're telling me you see this http://youtube.com/watch?v=CXQ5bA0eH0Y when you watch him play?

What song is that? Killer beat.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Mashburn is a good call, but he's got too much Point Forward to me too. I must admit, that in spite of his 3%, I really don't see him as a shooter. Maybe it's because he only takes about three a game, which at the college level isn't a ton. Or because he shoots under 70% from the FT line. I know that I don't trust his handle in a control the ball situation, which is different than his ability to break people down. He may be closer to Marion thinking it over. So whoever said that, good call (RMWG?).

I just read the name Laphonso Ellis, which I could see as a low end comp. Mid range catch and shoot is ok, going by guys is the first preference, and physically it's in his nature to crash the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Mashburn is a good call, but he's got too much Point Forward to me too. I must admit, that in spite of his 3%, I really don't see him as a shooter. Maybe it's because he only takes about three a game, which at the college level isn't a ton. Or because he shoots under 70% from the FT line. I know that I don't trust his handle in a control the ball situation, which is different than his ability to break people down. He may be closer to Marion thinking it over. So whoever said that, good call (RMWG?).

I just read the name Laphonso Ellis, which I could see as a low end comp. Mid range catch and shoot is ok, going by guys is the first preference, and physically it's in his nature to crash the boards.

With the comparison to Marion is that Marion isn't great at creating off the dribble. Something that Beasley is highy touted for. Also Marion's ability to gaurd both the perimeter and interior. Beasley needs to put more commitment into defense. Granted, he's blocking shots now against lower level comp, like everybody says, we'll see what he does with larger more stronger opponents. isee the athleticism and the lengthiness but it stops there for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Next KG?

Nexts Timberwolves franchise player. I hope he take this team into the NBA Finals so he would probably surpass Kevin Garnett as the best player to ever wear the Wolves Jersey.

F*ck Kevin Garnett

Beasley is the real deal

Records are set in 85-25 rout

January 8, 2008

MANHATTAN, Kan. -- Kansas State set two NCAA records and tied another Monday night by holding Savannah State to one field goal and four points in the second half of an 85-25 rout.

"I've never seen that. That was crazy," Kansas State forward Michael Beasley said. "That just was not good."

Kansas State (10-4) hounded the Tigers on the perimeter and pushed them away from the basket from the opening tip, holding them without a field goal during a seven-minute span of the first half to build a 16-point lead.

But that was nothing.

Savannah State (8-13) missed its first 15 shots of the second half, falling behind, 72-22, and finished the second half one for 23 (4.3%) from the field, breaking the NCAA record for worst shooting percentage and fewest points in a half since the shot clock was first introduced in 1986.

The one field goal by Savannah State also tied the mark for fewest in a half.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/printe...ines-pe-sports

Michael Beasley - 25 pts, 10 rebs, 2 blks, 1 steals ( 28 min)

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Nexts Timberwolves franchise player. I hope he take this team into the NBA Finals so he would probably surpass Kevin Garnett as the best player to ever wear the Wolves Jersey.

F*ck Kevin Garnett

Beasley is the real deal
    So...a 'tweener forward is somehow going to be a better player than a guy that won an MVP award? Beasley has potential, could be a great player, but this is idiotic. Beasley won't even be better than Al Jefferson next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    So...a 'tweener forward is somehow going to be a better player than a guy that won an MVP award? Beasley has potential, could be a great player, but this is idiotic. Beasley won't even be better than Al Jefferson next year.

Jefferson is not even a franchise player he is just like the PF/C version of Ricky Davis ( Cavs Circa 2002-03 NBA Season). He is getting some nice stats because he is playing with a lottery team that has no chance to make it in the playoffs this year.

Beasley would be putting up better numbers than Al Jefferson nexts season, and he is certainly on the verge to become one of the bests SF of all time.

Beasley = No.1 scoring Option
    Jefferson= Sidekick

Jefferson is not even a franchise player he is just like the PF/C version of Ricky Davis ( Cavs Circa 2002-03 NBA Season). He is getting some nice stats because he is playing with a lottery team that has no chance to make it in the playoffs this year.
    You don't get 20 points and 12 rebounds per game by accident. You act like he's just chucking his way to stats when he's shooting 49% and only averages 2 turnovers. This is just ignorant. Kevin Garnett lead Minnie to the lottery for the last two years, and now Al Jefferson, at the age of 23, is supposed to do better with even less veterans?
    Beasley would be putting up better numbers than Al Jefferson nexts season, and he is certainly on the verge to become one of the bests SF of all time.
    How's Kevin Durant doing right now? Scoring average, rebounding average, FG percentage, all have dropped significantly. This is how it works: Statistics drop between college and the NBA because the NBA is tougher than college. And when's the last time a 19 year-old basketball player did better than 20 and 12? You'd have to go back to Magic. Beasley may become better than Jefferson in the far future but he won't be next season.
    Beasley = No.1 scoring Option
    Sure...in college.

Quote Originally Posted by FOYE4MVP
    he'll probably play SF here. beasly is a beast. nuff said.
    im comparing him with glen robinson.
    Yeah don't compare him to Melo, compare him to Gelnn..... Melo = Glenn fyi...

Quote Originally Posted by loot
    Yeah don't compare him to Melo, compare him to Gelnn..... Melo = Glenn fyi...
    This comparison should be dead. Anthony is a far better ballhandler, doesn't shoot from distance nearly as well, and is in better shape.