Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Re: Obama v. Romney Debate 1 of 3 IGT

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Romney has material to go off. We saw Obama fvck up. All he has to do is research the numbers and hammer him. Obama will blame the people before him as usual but he has no real dirt on Romney.

Romney seems to take more of a ruthless business 'efficient' approach while Obama plays the overly humanitarian. Romney, is a scumbag and a dick. Obama is soft and doesn't know anything. They both suck and I ain't voting.
    I wouldn't say that, this is the same man who gloats about killing Osama, the same man who bombed the shit out of libya, the same man who authorizes drone attacks in the middle east(which kills thousands of innocents), the same man who still hasn't withdrawn from Afghanistan despite his lies coming into office, the same man who has turned the USA into a police state(or will turn).

Obama is ruthless

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I wouldn't say that, this is the same man who gloats about killing Osama, the same man who bombed the shit out of libya, the same man who authorizes drone attacks in the middle east(which kills thousands of innocents), the same man who still hasn't withdrawn from Afghanistan despite his lies coming into office, the same man who has turned the USA into a police state(or will turn).

Obama is ruthless
    Yea I'm talking about how he acts when he's up on stage lying to people.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Some of you guys need to look up how much the debates effect the polls.

They don't.
    This

Nate Silver had an interesting article on how little effect debates have, the media play it up because they want ratings...

longhorns1234 is a political newbie if he believes Romney will be up by Friday

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    This

Nate Silver had an interesting article on how little effect debates have, the media play it up because they want ratings...

I thought televised debates were one of the main reasons Kennedy beat Nixon ?

Not arguing with you, I really don't know a lot about politics.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

This

I overstated when I said they don't effect the polls, they do, but not a lot at all. Romney's absolutely going to get a couple percentage points from tonight, and he should, he killed it. But he won't be leading.

But he does it again in a few weeks...

National High School Star

This

^

Did not read the left leaning NBC poll after the debate.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    I thought televised debates were one of the main reasons Kennedy beat Nixon ?

Not arguing with you, I really don't know a lot about politics.
    Those were literally the first televised debates ever and Kennedy was, well, Kennedy. All the smooth good looking dude shit you hear about. Nixon was legitimately sick and dripping sweat (youtube it). Nothing near what happened tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Those were literally the first televised debates ever and Kennedy was, well, Kennedy. All the smooth good looking dude shit you hear about. Nixon was legitimately sick and dripping sweat (youtube it). Nothing near what happened tonight.
    Yeah, in a very tight race, they can effect the outcome, but Romney has been consistently down, especially in the swing states. Kerry drubbed W in 04 in every debate and he made it close but still lost. Romney is going to need to destroy Obama in the next 2 debates but you can bet Obama is gonna be more fiesty next time.

Both spewed BS but Romney confidently spewed his.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Romney is abusing Obama.

Understatement of the year. Romney haunted Obama tonight. Obama's gonna be sleeping on the couch tonight with nightmares. Romney looking at him square in the eye while Obama looked down or away was amusing.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Romney presented better, but I still have absolutely no faith in him helping out the middle class and the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Understatement of the year. Romney haunted Obama tonight. Obama's gonna be sleeping on the couch tonight with nightmares. Romney looking at him square in the eye while Obama looked down or away was amusing.
    We never agree, but I have to say that quote goes quite well with the Bane avatar.

(Also, I spelled that Bain, the first time.)

Who says I backed out?
    You and longhorns need to set the terms of the bet.
    Let's do it tonight.

What's the basic terms of the bet?

i kinda of compare the debates to an NBA game.

you have your mind made up about who you want to win a long time before that game happens.... so, when it finally comes on all you see is all the good things you team does/all the good calls for you team, and all the bad things the other team does/all the bad calls.

in a debate you only see the good things you opponent does and the bad things the other candidate does.

the polls are a months away, minds are made up by now.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    We never agree, but I have to say that quote goes quite well with the Bane avatar.

(Also, I spelled that Bain, the first time.)