Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 152223242526272835 ... LastLast
    Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Default Re: Connecticut Huskies fan thread

I'm bored waiting for the Eagles game... so I'll just make another post that has nothing much to do with anything. If we could land Boyd, we could be a potentially dangerous team.

PG-Kemba
    SG-Boyd
    SF-Sticks
    PF-Majok
    C-Oriakhi
    6th-Coombs
    7th-Edwards
    8th-Beverly
    9th-Trice
    10th-Mandledove

That is if we win the National championship, where I could see Dyson leaving if he keeps up around 15ppg, and Sticks is a possibilty to leave also. It'd be very nice to land Favors.

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
    I'm bored waiting for the Eagles game... so I'll just make another post that has nothing much to do with anything. If we could land Boyd, we could be a potentially dangerous team.

PG-Kemba
    SG-Boyd
    SF-Sticks
    PF-Majok
    C-Oriakhi
    6th-Coombs
    7th-Edwards
    8th-Beverly
    9th-Trice
    10th-Mandledove

That is if we win the National championship, where I could see Dyson leaving if he keeps up around 15ppg, and Sticks is a possibilty to leave also. It'd be very nice to land Favors.
    Dang. That is a scary lineup. Coach Calhoun could work some magic with that lineup.

Off topic, but Lance Stephenson wants to bring back St.Johns basketball.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/15/l...st-johns-back/

Off topic, but Lance Stephenson wants to bring back St.Johns basketball.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/01/15/l...st-johns-back/

I will admit, I do miss seeing St. John's being among the top teams in the Big East. Man, in the '80s, I hated playing or watching St. John's play. They were good and scary. Those were the days. We use to have some major battles with that program.

Maya Moore drops 40 pts on Syracuse and becomes the fastest player in UConn history to reach 1,000 pts!! She reached this milestone in 55 games. She broke Svetlana Abrosimova

I'm guessing that Doty will miss a few games. Too bad we wont have her for UNC. Geno was getting into it after the game with some 'cuse players.

I'm guessing that Doty will miss a few games. Too bad we wont have her for UNC. Geno was getting into it after the game with some 'cuse players.

Yeah. Coach Auriemma was letting Syracuse know what time it was...UConn baby!! I guess the coach of Syracuse made a few comments towards Geno and Geno fired back. Plus the Syracuse players were jawing also.

I feel for Caroline (Doty). She tore her ACL and is done for the year. It was the same knee that was hurt back in 2007. I feel for any player that gets hurt, but for the ladies it is even worse, so sad.

Wow. What a game!! We could not shake Nova for nothing. We get a nice lead, and they would come right back.

Well, I am glad that we had a close game like this, it helps with our mental toughness.

Great job, UConn for holding on and getting that win.

Saw a basketball once

UConn is doing much better than I expected this year. I don't know about you guys. I saw some early skepticism at the beginning of the tread. Ha. Looking good though. I wanted to pass along the latest ratings/rankings from the site I work for. It was nice to see WF take a hit, huh? They dropped three spots yesterday after that one. I'd love to see UConn keep winning. My fam is huge fans. Anyway, check it out if you want. Let me know what you think.

Ratings/Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by sallen21t
    UConn is doing much better than I expected this year. I don't know about you guys. I saw some early skepticism at the beginning of the tread. Ha. Looking good though. I wanted to pass along the latest ratings/rankings from the site I work for. It was nice to see WF take a hit, huh? They dropped three spots yesterday after that one. I'd love to see UConn keep winning. My fam is huge fans. Anyway, check it out if you want. Let me know what you think.

Ratings/Rankings
    I think Butler is too high.. they will be knocked out early in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by sallen21t

Ratings/Rankings

Looks good to me. I still think Pitt is the real #1. I will give Duke the nod at the #2 spot. They just kicked Maryland's butt!!!

Well, I think it should be stated that Thabeet is very soft. But if he could turn into a consistent 10-12 point scorer without missing many shots this will be a really good team. Not too impressed with this years recruiting class.

Walker: Does everything fine with the occasional freshmen mistake.
    Haralson: Does he even travel with the team anymore?
    Okwandu: Bad grades.. might need to sit rest of year.
    Majok: NCAA clearing house wouldn't let him in... but at least he'll play next year.
    Miles:He is Idaho or somewhere over there.

Thats it for my negative thoughts for a while.

Well, I think it should be stated that Thabeet is very soft. But if he could turn into a consistent 10-12 point scorer without missing many shots this will be a really good team. Not too impressed with this years recruiting class.

Walker: Does everything fine with the occasional freshmen mistake.
    Haralson: Does he even travel with the team anymore?
    Okwandu: Bad grades.. might need to sit rest of year.
    Majok: NCAA clearing house wouldn't let him in... but at least he'll play next year.
    Miles:He is Idaho or somewhere over there.

Thats it for my negative thoughts for a while.

A lot of people are saying the saying thing as you are about Thabeet. If this cat could manage to dominate, like we know he can, for 30-35 minutes of a game, we could be a very scary team. All we have to do is get a consistent outside shooting game going and we are off to the races.

Man, what a game last night!! I think that the team has matured a lot over the years, and it showed big time during the Irish game. When the game got close, like 4-5 points, we did not buckle under the pressure. We kicked things up a notch, and that was impressive.

Our Georgetown loss looks worse; Georgetown lost to SH. So Georgetown has lost to Tennesse, Pittsburg, ND, Duke, WVU, Seton Hall this year.